Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's the cranky season here >
  • It's the cranky season here

• It's the cranky season here

Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 AM

arent you lucky to be able to put it all out there just like the people you are complaining about take a deep breath and reeelax
    Old 08-24-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by almodent
    arent you lucky to be able to put it all out there just like the people you are complaining about take a deep breath and reeelax
    ditto
    Old 08-24-2011, 02:37 PM

In October I am attending a class to learn how to make a comfortable bra! Am so looking forward to this.
    Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 PM

any where near ohio i would love to go
    Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM

I purchased material a week ago for a double sided quilt for my soon to be God daughter's newborn. I completed both top and bottom!
    Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by redkimba
    I know that we all have moments and many of them are legitimate, but it seems that 3 out of 4 threads here are complaining about something, ie price of clothes, the prices of fabric, Wal-mart isn't carrying fabric, etc.

I'm done with the negativity. Is there any interest in a Positivity thread for supporting a good spin on things? Example - Price of clothes is going up, but that's okay because now I can learn to make clothes that fit me (for a change).

::puts soapbox up & goes to make a cup of tea::
    I might be buying a '08 Shelby Mustang for next to nothing!

Billy
    Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 AM

i have spent all week playing with my first grandbaby who is now 3 weeks old. she lives next to the city i love, and live far from. i have visited in person, not just on the phone, with dear, dear friends and shared hugs and kisses and more hugs. i have eaten out at foreign restaurants that can not be found in my city, and i have probably put on weight and it is worth every ounce! my dh has been having just as much fun as i have and we have spent nearly all week together. i spent today with my ddil, dh, ds and the other new gramma. discovered that she and i are so closly alike it was getting eery! and i am ending my perfect day with a day or two of messages on the quilt board! thanks for being there to share my joy!!!
    ***my ds#2 called his dad to say one of the ddogs got into something really smelly. another joyful reason to be here!!LOL
    Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 AM

I am happy that I had the opportunity to experience this 57 yrs of life. Even with the bad times, I learned some wonderful things. I am so grateful that my DH & I are in as good of health as we are and the grands are all healthy. Life really is good. Lots of places in this world have it so much rougher & more unpleasant than we do here. And I am very blessed and grateful for finding this wonderful board where there are friendships and so much talent to learn from! I can usually sit for a good hr just thinking of all the good things I am grateful & happy for. Puts me in such a better mood & mindset.
    Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM

I had some big branches that blew down two nights ago. My renter and son came today and cleaned up the mess. Wonderful. Been on three trips so far this year and have three to go - such fun. Going to meet two of my children for the weekend to celebrate birthdays. I have a reliable car that will get me there. Only a 2 hour drive. Plus I am healthy enough to enjoy all of this.