Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's the cranky season here >
  • It's the cranky season here

• It's the cranky season here

Old 08-21-2011, 05:35 AM

smile and the world smiles with you.........enjoy today.......
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 AM

Daughter just graduated on the honor roll for Medical Assistant training. Very proud and happy.
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:48 AM

New day, new happy! :D

I'm about to run 8 miles outside. Not the first time I've done it, but "this is the year" where I'm starting to LOVE it. Fall air is about, with a cool breeze here and there and warm sun. It feels more like "Me Time" than "Torture Time" now that I've changed my approach...giving my very best at every opportunity!
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:48 AM

Well, I was sick yesterday (sort of a downer), but I'm MUCH better today, AND...hubby has agreed to help me clean out/sort out/spread out my craft room...woo hoo!!! doing a little happy dance!

When we built our house, the room that is now "my" room was a big square...then he added two walls so that now my "square" room is two squares and a couple of goofy rectangle areas. The reason for the new room is no longer valid, so I've been after him for a couple years now to take the walls out. DD has moved back home, so a lot of her stuff is in the new room, and my craft stuff is growing and growing (I think we all know what I mean there).

ANYway, the walls are coming down - yipee!!!!

ETA...I also explained to him, and he actually understands, the reason for a "design wall"...I'll have one of those after the re-design is complete :)
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 AM

Thanks to all of you. Life is, indeed, good. It certainly beats the alternative. The fibro hurts a bit and so does the arthritis but I know I didn't die in the night when I wake with a bit of pain. Exercise of the right kind is a great mood lifter as my dogs remind me every day. It's also indispensable for fibro and arthritis sufferers.

I like to hand quilt and haven't done any in a long time but you gals have inspired me. I love the idea of a permanent happy thread here. Let's keep it going. A good laugh is always good for the health, both mental and physical.

Time to put on the hiking boots and make Kit, Rocky and me happy slogging up the mountain side next to the house.
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 AM

My son and I went to JoAnns to get some decorator fabric. He had asked if I would recover some pillows for him to use in his new RV. After selecting what he wanted, I wanted to use my 60% coupon for some batting. I let him use my 50% coupon since the fabric he chose was $49.95 a yard. When we got to the checkout I fully expected to pay for my batting but he put it with his and told me to consider it as partial payment for labor. I sure did something right in raising that boy (who's now 47)!!!!!!
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:25 AM

Thank YOu for making people think about the postitive things in our lives. I had a Great day Saturday with friends at a guild UFO workshop came home and my husband had figured out what to make for dinner. And it it now Sunday and I have laundry done, a quilt block to be appilqued, and will be heading to church soon. Soon ALL IS WEll in my world. :D
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:35 AM

thanks for starting this "Thread". I learned a long time ago to let the small stuff go. And not let it eat you up. I try to think good things even as I go to bed. If I find myself thinking negative I remind myself that I feel much better thinking good things. It is so encourging to see others think "HAPPY". I'm bookmarking this site so I can read it when I forget to think happy.
    Bless all of you.
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 AM

Don't fret the rising price of fabric. That just means it will be wuicker to get to the magic number of dollars to get "free" shipping!!
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:41 AM

There are a lot of great posts showing accomplishments, etc. I focus on those. I choose what to read to keep it positive. :)