Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's the cranky season here >
  • It's the cranky season here

• It's the cranky season here

Old 08-21-2011, 06:45 AM

I agree; how about this. Yesterday I went to my LQS to use my gift card to get some fabric for a class that I paid for using my store credit; the class cost me $2 extra out of my pocket. Yes, right now I'm really tight on the finances but it'll work out; especially if I keep on having deals like this. Anyways; I was looking at thread to match and I saw some baskets for Rayon thread that I like and the sign says buy one get 2 free. The sign under it said buy one get one.
    I went to the sales clerk and asked her about it; she checked and it had been there from the night before when they had some special thing going on. She said that I was the first one all day who had noticed it and of course they'd honor everything on the table w/a sign since they'd forgotten to take down the signs. I got a $15 pattern for $3 and I got $140 worth of thread for $42.
    Now it's not what I can use for my class but I'll soon be getting my embroidery machine back and I have a couple of other quilts that I can finish w/this thread. I'm hoping my fabric can hold out to make my Christmas presents but w/deals like this I should be on the right path. It was a very exciting day for me.
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 AM

I always focus on the positive, even when a bad day happens- you just focus on getting that bad moment over to start something better. The day our well pump and wiring went (booqoo bucks) I stopped on the way to work and bought myself a lemonade because there was no changing that day to a positive (it also followed some electrical problems at the office, aww the smell of burning wires!)

So when life hands you lemon day and you don't have lemons handy to make lemonade, buy a lemonade!

And I still am positive all the time- people even tell me to stop being so happy! :-D
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:54 AM

This is a huge site with plenty of sub-sites with answers to almost any question one may have.

Just my thoughts. Thank you. GG
    Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 AM

And I still am positive all the time- people even tell me to stop being so happy! :-D[/quote]

Yes, I am going to say something negative-Don't you just hate it when someone tells you to stop being so happy. Don't quite get it-maybe they would rather you be grumpy and go off on them.
    Old 08-21-2011, 07:14 AM

Put my name on the "Positivity" list. That's the way I like it--Unhah, Unhah!!!
    :lol: :lol:
    Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 AM

You are truly blessed!! My DH is my cheerleader and idea buddy!! We are truly blessed if we have one good friend and he's my hubby!!
    Old 08-21-2011, 07:28 AM

I had a lovely afternoon yesterday with my younger daughter. She is working on a lap quilt for my GS (her nephew) and I taught her how to hand quilt. We basted the layers together then she sat and worked on it while I worked on piecing a quilt for a friend's wedding. We listened to the music of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra while we worked and talked.
    Old 08-21-2011, 07:29 AM

Isn't it great when you know you only have "this much" money to spend and it goes so much further than you expected? Puts a smile on your face and the dent in the wallet isn't so painful.

Sounds like a great deal!

P.S. Whatcha makin' for gifts for Christmas? Always looking for ideas for my 8 siblings!
    Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 AM

This is a fantastic idea, thanks for reminding us to enjoy things while we can. Two days ago, my family and I met an old friend (we went to highschool together) and his family and we had a great day at the beach. I finished binding a quilt yesterday and am almost finished making a skirt for my daughter (kinda exciting, I designed it myself) so I'm having a good time lately. Now, if we could just banish the darn sugar ants from the pantry, we'd be in heaven :)
    Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 AM

I was blessed with a new grandaughter 13 days ago who is staying at our house until mama feels better after the c-section. My 7 1/2 yr old grandaughter stayed with me this weekend and I also outsmarted our 4 urban racoons by bringing in my ripe tomato before they could nab it. God is smiling on me!