Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer >
  • It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

• It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MrsRodgers
    Originally Posted by wolph33
    oh my she needs an intervention.that is why I go thru my closets at least 1 or 2 times a yr.so I don't live like that.
    Once again...who are you to say what this woman needs? It's not your place, nor your business.
    MrsRodgers, to change the subject, I love that cat on your sewing machine in your avitar! Maiziedo
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 AM

This why I told my hubby, I'm ready to down size and get rid of some of the crap I have, and have a garage sale ASAP!
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Maiziedo
    Originally Posted by MrsRodgers
    Originally Posted by wolph33
    oh my she needs an intervention.that is why I go thru my closets at least 1 or 2 times a yr.so I don't live like that.
    Once again...who are you to say what this woman needs? It's not your place, nor your business.
    MrsRodgers, to change the subject, I love that cat on your sewing machine in your avitar! Maiziedo
    Good idea, to change the subject! Thanks, that is my darling cat Snickers. I also have pics of her older now, on the ironing board. I always thought, wow, she is so cute on the ironing board..and I have since seen many pics here of cats doing the very same thing!
    I sent that pic to Brother once, so they could see what a $$$$ cat bed looks like.
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 AM

Looking at it make me depressed! I can't imagine how depressing it must be to actually live like that.
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:48 AM

I have known 3 people who are horders to this extreme..One was my Great Aunt and 2 are parents to my oldest daughter's friend..The bug/mouse/rat infestation was and is still terrible..it was and is unhealthy..I use to work in a rescue/fire ems field and things happen all the time..Fire's, injuries and such..When hording is the extreme to the point that there is only a path way to walk during a fire, the person who is in the house usually can not get out and rescue workers can not get in or if they get in, to find the person is almost impossible..They have many obstacles blocking their paths to help..
    Old 03-27-2011, 11:13 AM

I was thinking of what this lady (not sure if it was male or female writing) will have to do when Mom dies or is suddenly carried away to a nursing home. It will take ages to go through all this stuff. Some of it will probably be valuable, so it can't just be tossed.
    Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Neat reading, but the comments need to be banned. Nasty language just turns me off....
    Old 03-27-2011, 11:55 AM

Ok, now I am off to CLEAN. I have a neighbor who is like this , there is just a little path to get from room to room. I don't go over there unless I just have too. But her and her husband don't see the mess or smell. They have 5 cats and 3 litter boxes one in the bathroom, one in their bedroom and one in the laundry room. All will get cleaned about every 2 weeks. They are the sweetest people you ever want to meet, but live like this and don't seem to care.
    Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    I have not laughed this hard in ages!!!!!
    Sorry, I just can't laugh about this. If you've ever known someone like this, it's torturous. The push-pull...the mounds and mounds of stuff...it's anything but funny to everyone involved.
    I agree, it is a horrible thing, but excuse me, I did have to laugh. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I have watched shows on TV and I do realize that it is a disease and not one to be overcome easily. If I offend so easily, I guess I will just quit posting unless I need some advice in a quilting nature. I thought that this is what this site was intended for, anyway. Altho I do enjoy the humerous videos and jokes, my comments will from now on be only quilt oriented.
    Don't let other people tell you what you can and can't laugh at or comment on. And don't quit posting either.

The commentary on those pictures really tends towards the wry and sarcastic and even funny.
    Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM

WOW!!!! That woman needs some serious help!!
    That is such a fire hazard!!!
    I am not a neat freak by any means, and my garage is pretty bad too, but there comes a point where this is extremely unhealty and dangerous!!