Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? >
  • It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ?

• It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ?

Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 PM

In spite of rain, snow, and wind, with the temp below freezing, I made it to church and back, and then watched the wind blowing leaves, parts of plants and other things all over the road. Tonight I have 2 pumpkin pies in the oven for a church Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow afternoon.
    Old 11-12-2011, 06:00 PM

I went to a college regional cross country meet where I got to see my daughter finish first for her college and beat her personal best record. I was delighted just to see her, I wouldn't have cared if she came in last. I miss that girl. Her college is 7 hours away from home.
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Worked until 5, then went to birthday party for grand-daughter turning 15. It was a great time.
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
    just finished canning a batch of habanero jelly.
    That sounds great over cream cheese and then on triscuits or crackers. MMMM
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Cleaned house, did laundry, had a nap did a little cross stitching, cut out some fabric for placemats I'm making, did the usual Saturday shopping, got Christmas presents (about 1/2 way done) then we had friends land in after supper for a visit (both of us were ready for a nap at the time lol) now catching up with ya'll here!
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Dishes, laundry, cleaning, phone calls to sisters and mom, church picture for directory, raking leaves, shopping, supper, watched a movie (Titanic) and now ready for bed. Tomorrow will be church, more raking and hopefully some quilting!
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:26 PM

Got up and rearranged and cleaned my sewing room. Went to a Christmas open house at an antique store and brought home a beautiful vintage machine!! In a great looking oak cabinet. Excited to clean it and try the treadle. We stopped and ate pizza, came home and spent the evening relaxing.
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 PM

I went to work for the first 9 1/2 hrs of my day. Then off to the grocery store.( If fabric prices aren't high enough, buy groceries, oh my gosh!) Then filled my gas tank. Then home, put groceries away, fixed my self (my kids have eaten)some cottage cheese and pineapple for dinner. I'm waaaay to tired to cook and I haven't eaten all day. I'm on my thrid load of laundry as I write. This is my relaxing moment.
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Early this AM sat down and worked on my Christmas list, who's been naughty and nice, LOL then relised that in 10 days my Thanksgiving company will start arriving between then and now I have to clean house top to bottom, 4 BR 2 1/2 bath, its a big sucker! get all my Christmas for kids in Idaho wraped and ready to go home with them, finish cleaning out flower beds and last of the pots for winter, grocrie shoping for the day plus the 5 days I will have 4 extra hear for, finish a wall hanging, spend 4 days with my Mom , she lives about 90 min south of me, and clean out my sewing area, craft room because that is where we put up a queen size inflatable matress, its about 18 inches off the ground, works great for the overflow, LOL Now I have no worries about anything, I'll get it done except my sewing area. I am usually good about cleaning up after each project but It has been crazy here this last month, So today I took pics of THAT ROOM and started, spent 8 hrs in there today and I can honestly say it looks worse now than it did before, I think I finally got all the plastic bags empty, found a box of thread didn't know I had, found all the little things have been collecting for 3 DGD new sewing baskets so got them put together, finally found my cutting board only to loose it again to a pile of ribbon, rick rack and zippers that Just showed up, have no Idea why they were just dumped on the counter, and who got into my lg jar of buttons and didn't put them away? LOL Found my ironing board only to loose it again, I think it may be hidding under that EX LG pile of "Now what do I do with this? stuff" Found a couple of WIP or UFO's don't know for sure where to file them but got them into project boxes, There may still be parts of them off floating around the room somewhere so cann't put them away yet. Started to round up the Dust bunnies(did you know the travel in large heard's)then Otis came in and instagated "the great excape" chased them around the rome twice and lead them out the door, I'm sure they didnt go far. Found my missing snips! YEH!! found boxes for the 3 completed quilts that are destined for gifts in June of 12 so they got packed up and box labeled. When I left THAT ROOM tonight I honestly did not see where I improved anything! SIGH! will see tomarrow when I head back in.
    Old 11-12-2011, 09:22 PM

I worked on quilting a quilt for my stepMIL for Christmas. Watched our bozo gov in a debate. Got ready to take a shower at 9 and discovered that I had no water. Spent an hour trying to trouble-shoot the pump controller to our rainwater system with my husband on the phone trying to help me (he lives and works four hours away). Switched all of the water system over to the well water only to discover that we can only get a trickle (hope all the people around here are happy with their green lawns). Went to my cousin-in-law's on the ranch next door to shower and get a bottle of water to take meds and brush teeth. Am spending the rest of this evening trying to keep from having a total meltdown because I am having major back surgery a week from tomorrow and I really don't have time to take apart a pump, drive it to the supplier, bring back a loaner, hook it up and pray that it fixes the water problem.
    So that's my day so far. Except I forgot to get enough water at my cousin's for the dog's bowl, so have to get the flashlight, go out to the stock tank and get some of that stale water for them for tonight. I feel the meltdown coming.