Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Received the first FQ. Keep them coming.

Where is everyone today?

I went to the doc today and am released to finally get back to work, have to go back part time with increasing as tolerated to full time. I'm so excited to get back to work. I know I still have more rehab to go but I am mentally ready to get back to work.

I am planning on cutting the fabric for the purple gumball quilt, later tonight.

Drink your water, get in your fruit and veggies.......eat the rainbow of colors. dinner tonight is spagetti with meat/sausage sauce. I will eat a small amount of spagetti, a large salad and 1 piece of garlic bread. I will not add any additional salt. Since I am not cooking I don't have control of what is in the food only what is on my plate.
    Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM

I have my FQ ready to mail. I need to actually get it in the mail. I am back to exercise. We do a program after work( a school) 2 days a week. I think the instructor was trying to kill us yesterday. She works out at least 5 days a week. I didn't do any exercise all Christmas break. I was only a little sore today, I was surprised. I am working on the 50 paper pieced stars group. My first star is nearly finished. I am joining the group doing the Dear Jane quilt too. I am going to enlarge the blocks a little bit so it will end up queen sized. I think I need to make the 5.5 inches. I hope I can keep up. I also promised a friend I would make a t-shirt quilt for him. It isn't what I want to work on it but will fit it in somewhere. I figure I won't have time to eat. So far this week I have been doing pretty good with my eating. We had spaghetti and meat sauce tonight and I put mine over zucchini instead of pasta. The salt taboo for the week will be hard for me. I don't salt much of my food but I love salty snacks. I'm not sure I can eat an egg without salt though.
    I can do this I need to do this for myself. I am in control
    Pat
    Old 01-04-2012, 03:46 PM

I made it to aqua aerobics twice so far this week. My goal is at least 3 times a week. Hope I can make this happen.
    Old 01-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Meanmom..........it is always good to get back to exercise. Share pictures of your paper pieced stars when you get a chance.

Scrapquilt..............keep going you can do it.

Ladies please remember to mail your FQ's to me. need to get to me by the 10th.
    Old 01-04-2012, 06:34 PM

I will be mailing mine tomorrow (FQ's), I have a red and white stripe, red with little white hearts, white with red hearts and a white with red love words and red cupids and red hearts? not sure which to send??????????

Last edited by Short an Sweet; 01-04-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Old 01-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    I will be mailing mine tomorrow (FQ's), I have a red and white stripe, red with little white hearts, white with red hearts and a white with red love words and red cupids and red hearts? not sure which to send??????????
    Any one would be good. Please remember to include your screen name.
    Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

scrapquilt, if you change that to sentence to 'I AM going to aqua aerobics three times I week' rather than 'I hope to', it will happen. I love aqua aerobics but I am allergic to both the chlorine and bromine used in pools here. tried to talk my daughter into using oxygen in her hot tub, but apparentlly it doesn't work in our climate.

Cindy, how's Miss Lucy? I'm glad you can go back to work. Half days will be perfect. My envelopes are right here on the dog's freezer. They will go out tomorrow when I go to the grocery store. It must be spaghetti night. I skipped the spaghetti and had mine with spaghetti sauce, spinach and chicken.

meanmom, those blocks sound so beyond me, but I'd love to see pictures of your progress. My next quilt after the Spicy Spirals will be made like Drunkard's Path. As a former apparel sewer, the curves don't bother me even though the inside section is strip pieced first, but making it good enough for the daughter who quilts does. It also has to 'match' - she's first born and more orderly than I am.

BTW, if I read Dodie's Tuesday Taboo correctly, we don't have to avoid salt in regular cooked table food like eggs and potatoes, but in foods like chips and canned soups with excessive salt. I bet last night's mini rice cakes with 250 mg of sodium in a serving were a no-no. I guess there will be no star for me this week.

I am very tired today for some reason. Walking for lovely. Chilly, of course, but with no wind, it's pleasant and so pretty with everything white except the evergreens. MJ chose good colors for January. Now I need to go in my chilly living room and pack the Christmas boxes. I think it's time for the massage my dogs bought me for Christmas. Such good little furgirls and talented, too!

Remember white is an important part of the rainbow - cauliflower, apples, pears, etc have quercetin which is good for our immune systems. New research says it's good for stroke prevention, too. That one is new to me, but it sounds like a plus. Have a great evening, y'all.

I am gaining control of my weight and getting healthier.
    Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 PM

If you're doing Weight Watchers, this is a great little online tool to use, no matter if your using Points or Points Plus. http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_ca...lculator.phtml

Last edited by Toni-in-Texas; 01-04-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: website messed up
    Old 01-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Ms Lucy is doing much better. She has kept her food down and no more diahrea. I am so glad she is doing better.
    Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM

can't get to post office until friday will mail fat quarter then. been so busy quilting working on goose tracks and bonnie hunters orca bay. both are nearly done. have been trying to walk farther, but pain in hips keeps me short of goal.