Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 AM

Hi everybody.

It took me some time to find the board. Can anyone explain how to bookmark it now that I found you guys.

Thanks for the PM Cindy it really helped. I know what color to send you but what color do I send mim? I should be getting them out soon.

It's been a while since I've been on the board and I haven't done good with my weight. Over the holidays I gained 25 pounds so I was up to 40 pounds. I broke down and joined weight watchers online. I hope it helps, so far I've lost 4.5 lbs. I hope you don't mind if I stay with this group and weight watchers.

Well I'm going to go PM mim to get her snail mail so I can get her FQ to her.
    Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 AM

go to the top right and go to "thread tools" and then go to "subscibe to thread"
    I think once u posted it may have automatically saved?
    Originally Posted by JHolm
    Hi everybody.

It took me some time to find the board. Can anyone explain how to bookmark it now that I found you guys.

Thanks for the PM Cindy it really helped. I know what color to send you but what color do I send mim? I should be getting them out soon.

It's been a while since I've been on the board and I haven't done good with my weight. Over the holidays I gained 25 pounds so I was up to 40 pounds. I broke down and joined weight watchers online. I hope it helps, so far I've lost 4.5 lbs. I hope you don't mind if I stay with this group and weight watchers.

Well I'm going to go PM mim to get her snail mail so I can get her FQ to her.
    Old 01-05-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by susan...
    can't get to post office until friday will mail fat quarter then. been so busy quilting working on goose tracks and bonnie hunters orca bay. both are nearly done. have been trying to walk farther, but pain in hips keeps me short of goal.
    i want to see pictures of your goose tracks. I am waiting for it to come out so I can buy it. Wasnt able to do it with getting sick and finding out about having lung cancer.
    Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 AM

ladies,

what color of fq's would you like to see in the future? Looking for suggestions. I want to get ahead with planning. this group is our group not just one persons group.
    Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Jeanne, Hello, it's nice to hear from you. WW is no problem here. It's a good program that promotes healthy eating and, with the right leadership, promotes a camaraderie that we all enjoy. Just don't forget us. We need you. Dec FQ was white, green or brown in honor of winter colors. White snow, evergreen trees and dark brown decidous trees - fits my landscape perfectly.

Today I am finishing up putting away Christmas. I need to deal with the heavy boxes before I see my chiropractor tomorrow. It's also time to get serious about this weight if I'm to drop six pounds this months - five from Christmas and one new one. I will do a few days of "If you bite it, write it" to get me jumpstarted. I like feast or fast days to keep my metabolism on track. The trouble is there have more feast days lately.

I'm not happy with one strip in the Spicy Spiral, but I'm going to stay with it. If I don't like it when it's done, it can be a donation and I'll start over for my daughter. I need to something for Cystic Fibrosis and CareNet (unwed mothers) silent auctions.

I am gaining control over my weight and getting healthier.
    Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 AM

FQ is in the mail, u should receive it Saturday
    Green for Feb might be good, the receiver would be getting it right b4 St Paddy's day
    Old 01-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Cindy it's good to hear that Miss Lucy is better, but it is even better to hear that you are cleared to start back to work! Now that is a good start to the new year. I don't have much yellow in my stash, so maybe if that was the prize it would give me a little extra incentive.
    I have tried in the past to wear a pedometer, but they always made just enough of a clicking sound that other people in the office would comment. I may have to try again now that I'm not working. It doesn't surprise me that people who wear them end up walking more, they do make you concious of the steps your are (or are not) taking.

Does anyone have an idea of a simple pattern for a door hanging? I have collected some coffee related fabrics and want to use them to make a decoration for my dad's apartment door. He currently has a post it note taped to the door inviting people in for a cup of coffee.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]300647[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 100_2669.jpg  
    Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Could you use a table topper? Like a wreath only with one of the coffee panels as a center. Fons and Porter Ozark Star comes to mind.
    http://www.fonsandporter.com/content...Ozark_Star.pdf

The one made with cut up strips would be cute, but there'd be no feature fabric.
    http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/2...y-hexagon.html

That's a very cool idea.
    Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM

I do like both of those toppers, especially the hexagon. I was thinking though of something rectangular or square. I am afraid the corners would curl if it was hanging up.
    Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM

I will try to post the pictures of some of the 50 paper pieced stars if I can get it to work. They are fairly easy if you know how to paper piece. Lot of pieces. In the book she even gives the sizes to cut you fabric pieces. I have the Alabama one finished and Alaska almost finished. Cindy I am just finishing up the Hoopsisters Goosetracks. MIne has black background with mostly pinks and purples with some green mixed in. I was looking for something different and it sure is. The last class is in 2 weeks. I need to finish my homework.
    I love the FQ's but am having a hard time parting with any of mine. I was picking one out last night and every one I thought about sending I couldn't part with. NO wonder my stash is out of control. I thought about buying a new one but last month I did that Then didn't want to send it because I loved it.