Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Mim, I sent you a pm to get your address. Would you mind sending it asap? I'd like to run over to the grocery store to get it in the mail!
    Old 01-10-2012, 02:25 PM

i went out and got myself a pedometer to see exactly how much i walk hope that helps with weight loss. can't go too far before back hurts, but after a rest i can continue. hope to get up to 10,000 steps recommended.
    Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 AM

Hi everyone!

MJ Just love the blues guilt! Yes I have read the Help and enjoyed it very much. I have also read all three of "The Girl with.........."series and really liked those also. I was hoping he would write more but sadly he has passes away so there will be no further books in that series. I am currently reading Letters of a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt Stewart

Irish, The fireman and I are still having tea and or coffee every once in a while but I am just not ready for anything the least little thing he does causes me to have what I call the baby startle reflex. I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. He is very kind and nice but I am a hugh mess. Oh well life goes on if your ready or not.

Weight loss 2 lbs this month so far. (I really wanted to win this month because I am starting a red and white quilt for my sister, its by take 2 and its on the web by the ladies of Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane.)

Oh well one day at a time one hour at at time one minute at a time one second at a time life rolls on and I am doing my best.

Lisa
    Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 AM

Lisa, I just finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. You might want to give it a try. It was so good! I can't wait to read the other 2 in the series. I am considering buying them for my kindle even though I try to only get the free books.
    Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 AM

Mj, I just went back a few pages to find your blue block. That quilt is going to be gorgeous and I'm sure your hubby will love it. I recently took a beginner class to make 9 different blocks all using different techniques. The blocks are finished except for squaring them up; then sashing, corner stones and borders for the top to be done.
    Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 AM

Pam
    Thanks for the book tip! I love to read so all tips for good books are welcome.
    Lisa
    Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 AM

I have decided to do fondues for Valentines, does anyone have any low fat, low sugar recipes? I found a chocolate caramel recipe and if i can find sugar free caramels, that one with dark chocolate would probably be good for the dessert one
    Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Lisa, thank you for the update. I won't offer any advice because it sounds like you're not ready for mine. Just don't shut him out - he sounds like a keeper.

Short an Sweet, you're asking the wrong person about those recipes. I have a vendetta against artificial sweeteners, but if I were set on that, I would look into warming up the better ice cream toppings. Some of them look quite good.

Pam, how do you find time to read and quilt both? Oh, I know, stay off the computer. I am very scheduled today - check in here, walk the dogs, wash my hair, clean the house, tutor a student and then go to a church quilting group. What am I going to take to work on? Cut out my next prayer quilt, maybe. Then last of all, late this evening work on the Spicy Spiral. The rays are all together. One seam and I can trim it and add the batting and quilt it. Woohoo! Yes, I will post a pic. So far I like it.

Susan, I am going to try one more pedometer. They just don't register for me. How many steps did you take yesterday? What's your goal?

Cindy, take it easy. Starting back to work, starting your quilt and cleaning out that room is a lot at once. It will all get done. I love half days. I worked Summer School for years and volunteered after I quit working there. Goofy, ya, but they put 20 low income pre K age students in a room with one teacher and expected results. Duh. Sometimes the administrators need to be in the trenches to see what they're asking.

I just made pumpkin muffins and a little crustless pumpkin pie with walnuts and coconut on top. I've never done coconut, but I've got an open bag that needs to be used up.

I have lost four of my Christmas pouinds. One more and I will start on the 'real' ones. Not many more to go. My face is looking thin and I don't want anyone asking if I'm well, but I still need to get rid of some of the mid section.

I am gaining control of my weight and getting healthier.
    Moderate food
    Moderate exercise
    Just the right amount of water - One ounce for every two pounds of body weight, maybe? 145/2=72.5 ounces

Have a great day, y'all.
    Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM

i rec'd just the nicest surprise today and that's all i can tell you at the moment, but i feel so unworthy, and delighted all at once. so i weighed myself, and my weight is up! shot down! lol. thank you, powers that-be! wouldn't want to get carried away! i looked at one picture from the week end in nh that my ddil posted on facebook and i am holding a sad looking olivia (probably the only time all week end she wasn 't smiling) and i look like a shriveled old woman in a huge coat. the good news is-- it looked like mink! thank you, qvc! i think i should have more pictures taken of the coat, don't you?! hahaha! olivia was a smiling delightful baby! at first it kind of freaked her out that i wasn't flat as she is used to seeing me on skype, and then i really messed with her and took her to the mirror and touched her hand to my real cheek! total fritz!! she knew that was wrong! she is one sharp cookie! she sits up very well now. she is a love!
    just rec'd a message that my server is messed up, so i will close and reboot. even my sewing machine is messing up--sheesh--is nothing reliable? i expected better that 23 yrs from it! sounds like everyone is moving forward. keep it up! one ounce, one step, one second at a time! however it helps to break it down and build it back up! keep going!

Last edited by nancia; 01-11-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Old 01-11-2012, 02:55 PM

I am making the soup tonight, I forgot I had bought the issue with the recipe until I saw your post
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    I'm going to make a mostly vegetable soup tomorrow. That's usually a good jump started for me. The grocery store I went to tonight had no lemons or limes. Has there been a shotage? I know Meijer's has plenty. I like a hamburger/cabbage base for my soup, but I can't eat the HB I've got here, so I guess it will be chicken for the meat.