Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-21-2012, 05:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MrsH2008
    I haven't weighed this week. I have been doing good up until the last few days. I've been busy and skipped meals. I was down 9 pounds but not eating has probably put the brakes on my weight loss. I have got to get back on track!
    Mrs H I forgot to eat the last 2 days at lunch. I never thought I would ever say that.tee hee.I agree we need to eat something. Mary
    Old 01-21-2012, 05:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I love olive green, but my daughter doesn't. I picked up two brighter yellowish greens this afternoon. I will check them in natural light in the morning. The quilt store has flourescent lights and I didn't feel like carrying the bolts up some stairs to a door. I have done that. I cut my first strips and squares, then scrapped them. I think I want the blocks a little bigger than those would have been. I can use the strips in the border. I know she likes piano key borders. I don't have to make 96 Flying Geese for this one. Yippee. It feels good to be starting the one that has been bugging me. Another yippee. No, Mary, I did not run to the shop. I never was a runner, just a big time walker, but those days are gone. Now I'm a medium walker.

You are all doing so well with your January weight loss. Good for you. I have 10 days to catch up. I can do it.

Question: What can you say,"Yay for me" for today?" We need to ask ourselves that everyday. You don't have to answer here, but do think about it. We need to be our own best cheerleader.
    Judy,Im not a fast walker either,or a slow walker. I'm a HALF FAST WALKER.Say it quickly and you'll really know what kind of walker I am. lol
    Old 01-21-2012, 05:42 PM

i forget to eat lunch when i am sewing then pig out at dinner that is not good. ineed to eat regular and not skip meals inorder to lose weight. think i will set the alarm on cell phone to remind me that it is time for lunch
    hope everyone is doing well and getting healthier'
    Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a couple of weeks and thought I better get caught up on all the posts and news. It has been a strange month for me. The last couple of weeks I seem to have forgotten to think before I eat and have been over my calories almost every day. Luckily, I haven't gained any weight but then I haven't lost any this month either. Today was a girls' day out with friends so I got a lot of exercise but the eating part was questionable. I think the chocolate fudge coca-cola cake at Cracker Barrel tipped me over the edge. I did have a diet coke with it so doesn't that cancel out the calories?? !! Maybe I just needed a break since I've been really strict and losing since last July but I feel really disappointed in myself for going so far over the edge. Tomorrow is a new day and a new month is coming up. I've promised myself that I would get back on track and lose the 10 pounds that should have been gone by the end of 2011. I am in control of what I eat, but not doing a very good job lately. Reading all of your posts helps me a lot so now it's up to me to re-start my "right" thinking and eating.
    Old 01-21-2012, 07:17 PM

Hello All!

I have good news! I lost 3 pounds this week for my WW weigh in. I am so excited!

Also, even though my lung function has decreased another 15% since last month, I get to start with physical therapy next week! I am so excited. I am truly hoping the doctor will clear me to walk just a little. The PT will be at the hospital with all the stuff hooked up to me to see how I tolerate it.

I had a great day! I am doing a BOM at the local quilt shop. I attend 2 times a month, once with a QB friend during the week and once on the weekend with a longtime friend who drives in from Memphis. The second time I bring hand sewing (yes, GFG) to work on while she cuts her block out. The LQS has a SitNSew afterwards so we work on projects.

I will see the lung doc again Tuesday because of my declining function. Thursday I saw his assistant because he was called out to emergency.

Ya'll are doing fantastic on the taboos! I guess what I've decided is trying a new program is enough for me so I'm not adding taboos at this time. I've stayed on points all week but today was dicey when I went out for lunch. It was a local cafe instead of one that prints their menus/nutrition info online. Since I only go out once a month I wanted to eat what everyone else was enjoying. I ate a light supper to compensate.

I've attached a picture of the BOM I'm doing. It only costs $10 a month and I get to get out of the house and meet people. It is very exciting for me!
    Attached Thumbnails bom1.jpg  
    Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM

I can't believe it! I have re-done this block 4 times and now I see I have the cornerstone blocks wrong! I get to re-do it again! My oh my!
    Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 PM

i have lost .4 lbs. guess cutting out the oreos and caramel egg creams works (sort of). i have to admit i'm having a very hard time focusing on weight loss and not eating whatever is at hand. i'm getting some of my projects finished so i can finally do what i have promised none qb people, like my dgd, olivia. i'm making a valentine table runner, and i swear, the more quilted things i make, the worse my quilting gets. i can piece, i just can't seem to get the hang of actual quilting. i can do artsy stuff, but nothing traditional, and no fmq. i may be one of those who sends out her quilts to be quilted or takes it to an lqs with a computerized long arm. means i may not need to buy an expensive machine to fmq if i can't do it. how much of it is the machine, and how much is the sewist? i really want to know! does anyone else have the same problem? it is soooo frustrating! but that does seem to be my life right now 8-}
    Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 PM

MJ, three pounds in a week is excellent. Good for you. It's convenient that your wacky blocks are in the corner so they are easy to get at. I like the pattern. It will have lots of secondary motion.

Dogs and I had a moonlight walk. We ran into one loose dog that was no problem and one loose man Moira wasn't sure about, but she controlled herself, which was good. Temp in the mid teens, but no wind so it was fine. The snow is so pretty.

Princess, chocolate fudge Coca cola cake??? What's not to like? One serving is fine - you didn't eat the whole cake. Tomorrow is a great day to get back on track.

susan..., Eating regularly is a problem when there's no one to cook for. Would it help if we planned our meals? I really only 'plan' my dinners.

Mary, I applaud yor ability to use a stationary bike. I gave mine away because the scenery never changed.

What can I say "Yay for me" today?????
    Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 AM

Good morning everybody!

Sounds like for the most part everyone is doing good. Staying on some sort of food plan, remember we aren't striving for perfection, and some kind of exercise. Now for me I've been able to stay within my WW points but I haven't been good at exercising. I just haven't been able to make myself to get out swiming again. Maybe I can get myself walking at church. There's tons of space and it's warm. Pray for me to start to walk.

MJ, It's good to here that you're geting out to quilt. Hope the doc lets you keep it up. Congrats on the 3 lbs. Thats great.

Hi to everybody else. Again I didn't make a list so I didn't keep track of whats everyone is doing..

Cindy I remember you are working longer hour in the day. Just be careful you don't over do.

Pam's heading for Texas and exercise heaven. She will have much better weather than we.ve had in WI.

Congratulations Missy on both your weigh loss and your engagement.

Well, I have to go get ready for church. Pray for me this is where I fall off the wagon. I'll try to post a quick not to let you know how I did. Oh I'm doing great with my Taboo -no sweetned creamer in my coffee!

Have a good day everyone.

Jeanne
    Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 AM

WOW MJ congrats on your weight loss. 3 pounds is great. The red quilt sounds good. The snow ball with a 9 patch is a really pretty pattern. Camping sounds great right now. We sold our camper years ago. Between all of our schedules as the kids got older we never got the chance to take it out. Now we are talking about a new one. All of the kids are grown so it is just my husband and I so it should be easier to match our schedules. My weight loss hasn't been going too well this week. I haven't been exercising and eating hasn't been too good. I am back on track today and hope I am able to stay there. I am going shopping with my mom if enough of the ice melts. Otherwise I guess I will have to clean the house and do the laundry.