Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
    MJ, three pounds in a week is excellent. Good for you. It's convenient that your wacky blocks are in the corner so they are easy to get at. I like the pattern. It will have lots of secondary motion.

Dogs and I had a moonlight walk. We ran into one loose dog that was no problem and one loose man Moira wasn't sure about, but she controlled herself, which was good. Temp in the mid teens, but no wind so it was fine. The snow is so pretty.

Princess, chocolate fudge Coca cola cake??? What's not to like? One serving is fine - you didn't eat the whole cake. Tomorrow is a great day to get back on track.

susan..., Eating regularly is a problem when there's no one to cook for. Would it help if we planned our meals? I really only 'plan' my dinners.

Mary, I applaud yor ability to use a stationary bike. I gave mine away because the scenery never changed.

What can I say "Yay for me" today?????
    Thanks,I put mine in front of the t.v. then try to forget what I'm doin.Easy for me-short attention span.lol Purplemem love the block-looks good to me.Have a wonderful day ya all. Mary
    Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 AM

We made it to our home in Texas yesterday afternoon. It is in the mid 60's, overcast and windy. I will probably try to get out for a walk this afternoon. Tomorrow morning the walking/running group starts at church. I saw in the bulletin that there is also an exercise group on saturdays. Looks like I could work out at the church 6 days a week if I choose to.
    Does anyone else love Jason's Deli as much as I do? You can eat very healthy there if you make the right choices. Their salad bar is incredible. They use no trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup, no msg, no artificial coloring. Give it a try if you have one in your area.
    Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 AM

Good afternoon ladies.

I have had a good weekend at work, not pushing too hard or overdoing. The weekend weather here has been a 20degree flux. yesterday high was 48 day before was 78, and today suppose to get up to about 70. Crazy weather here in the Dallas, TX area.

susan.... yes I agree it would be a good idea to set an alarm for meals, I have done that before. I also have kept some fruit and veggies cut up to just grab and go.

MJ - congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work. Love the blocks.

Pam H - glad to hear you made it safe and sound to your Texas home.

Jeanne - I am taking care of myself. I have worked up to 8 hours and then when I go home I chill.

Eating this weekend has been my challenge as I have not planned for lunch at work as the cafeteria is not open. Next weekend I will plan better.

Podunk - remember tomorrow is a new beginning. Dont kick yourself down for what happened yesterday cant change what we have already done, only what we will do in the future.
    Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM

For those interested in trying to send their FQ for February.... I thought I would gives heads up as to the theme of the FQ.

Theme will be your choice................think scrappy.

So if you need the address again let me know.
    Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 AM

Pam, your salad bar sounds wonderful. I'm so tired of running into sulfites in salad bars.

I need to get out walking as soon as I change my clothes. I don't think a skirt slit up the side is appropriate for walking in the wind. We have freezing rain starting at 4:00. That will keep me off the streets, either walking or driving.

I started the snowballs last night. I am being very careful to get them just so. I have a few places in the prayer quilt that don't line up. I didn't know to watch for that, but now I do. Even in quilting, when we know better, we do better.

My weight is still stuck on high. Is it from winter?? I'l try harder and then we'll know. I haven't had ice cream all week. I finally made it to my grandson's coffee shop Thursday after the funeral. Grand Rapids is on the way back from Holland so it was an opportunity for me to visit Bobo Latte. He really wanted to make me a raspberry smoothie, but I had a fancy black tea with almond instead. Yay for me - I turned down a smoothie.

Today I willl make snowballs and cut out the spiral runner for the CF auction. Today I was given the flannel quilt to FMQ for the women's shelter auction, but it's not sandwiched yet. End of Feb on that one, but I want to try it soon so if I can't quilt the flannel we will have time to tie it.

Food plan - I had Dove chocolates for breakfast, pumpkin muffins for brunch, will have steak, salad and a veggie for dinner with a half grapefruit later - then hot chocolate much later.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Have a good day, y'all.

What is your "Yay for me!" for today.
    Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
    mim

Sunday is weigh in time for us -- I am staying steady -- which is good, I guess, after the big loss last month. I was afraid I would add some back on. Especially because I couldn't get out of the house because of the snow -- which they didn't plow until Friday -- just as it was starting to warm up. 16 inches is a lot to melt so now we have deep puddles in the streets -- they don't clear storm drains or sidewalks either.

Today is more rain. I hate walking in the malls -- the floors make my feet hurt

Mim

Congratulations to everyone for sticking with keeping on track
    Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM

We're in tornado weather! And today I could not get full no matter what I ate, so for the first time, I dipped into the "extra" points WW gives you for days like this.
    Judy, walking in snow and ice is not fun. Please be careful, a spill in this weather could be deadly.
    Today's high was about 70 I think and now the twisters are coming through. DH and I flipping between local weather and football, tomorrow I'll go back into the sewing studio and fix the wonky block.
    Any old FQ, sounds like soup to me. Call the quilt "Chicken soup" from the winning "skinny quarters"!
    Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 PM

MJ, walking in snow isn't hard unless it's deep and our maintainance man does a great job plowing. Ice is scary, but I try to pick out the areas that have snow on top of the ice - it's less slippery. I also have my Yaktraxx on if there's a hint of ice, which lately has been every day. I leave cool crossed wire footprints. Today we went into the woods. Even in a snowmobile track the snow was deep, but I just went slow and watched the furgirls loving it. Little Moira was in up to her neck off the track. She's so cute springing around. I don't go in the woods much in the winter, but it was so pretty today. How can I get lost if I stay in the snowmobile track and turn around after a while? I can't, I hope. My thighs are sore from walking in the deep snow, but that's good - I used some big muscles. That's a yay for me. Yes, I am careful, but I need the fresh air and exercise. I get depressed without it and L & M need it, too. I am aware how dangerous this weather can be. Years ago I had a SIL commit suicide by laying down ouside in the winter. Whoops, just deleted my reaction to that. I don't use that kind of language on this forum.

I chose which green fabric, did some cutting and then decided to do a UFO. I have an almost finished masculine prayer quilt. I need to get it out of here, so I finished putting in the ties and am putting the binding on. I am just taking a break because I wasn't sewing straight.

Changed my dinner plan - am I weird in that I like refried beans better than steak (sometimes)? I had a bean and cheese quesadilla with my salad. The brown rice tortillas aren't bad.

Today started a new week. I wish each of us a successful one, whatever that means to each of us.
    Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 AM

Tornado sirens woke us up quite early. Praying they pass. Sitting in the closet sure isn't good exercise.

Congrats to Missy on her 3 pound loss and engagement!

Pam H, I love Jason's Deli. It isn't close to us so getting to eat there is a treat.

I finally worked up the courage to get on the scales. I was down a little. Not as much as I would have liked but breakfast is definitely paying off.

I love McDonald's new oatmeal. I won't load up 3 kids to go get it though. I have been making something similar at home.

Maybe if I had to pedal to generate the power to use my machine I'd be skinny by now!
    Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 AM

Back on track finally....Sunday was a "good eating" day. Cindy, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Finally had a day where I was able to easily limit my portions/calories and stay at my daily goal. I think spending a good part of the day in my sewing studio working on a swap block helped a lot. Once I start sewing nothing else around me matters. Great way to relieve stress and keep from eating!

Tornado warnings throughout the night made sleeping difficult last night but luckily we were north of all the touchdowns. We did get some really high winds but no damage. Nice sunny day today here in the Ozarks. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of those in the path of the storm last night and throughout today in the south.

Chicken soup sounds better than scrappy. I'll have to start searching my stash to find just the right FQ for this categoryl