Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM

No need for me to PM you as my loss this month was 2lbs! I know there are others who lost much more than that. I'll take the 2 as opposed to a gain. Being gone 2 weeks this month sidetracked me a bit. I am still in Vegas & have done a lot of walking.

The info about protein for breakfast sounds interesting. I guess the milk on my cereal isn't enough!
    Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM

Here's a quote I found tonight: Your stomach is not a wastebasket. Something to think about.
    And here's a recipe I found. Low calorie and sounds really good.

Pumpkin and Cream Bread
    Yield: 2 loaves (14 slices each)
    Batter:
    1-1/2 c. pureed pumpkin
    1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
    1 whole egg
    3 egg whites
    1 c. all-purpose flour
    2/3 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 c. Stevia Cup For Cup sweetener
    1/2 c. granulated sugar
    1 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. ground cinnamon
    1/2 t. ground nutmeg

Cream filling
    8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
    1/4 c. granulated sugar
    1 T. all-purpose flour
    2 egg whites
    1 t. vanilla extract

1. For the Batter: With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.

2. For the cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and flour until creamy and smooth.

3. Grease 2 8x4x2" loaf pans. Divide half of the batter between the two pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Top with the remaining batter.

4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don't overbake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

One serving (2 slices) = about 100 calories
    Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM

congrats on all the losses, big and small! i didn't see where anyone had gained! i'm sitting next month out, but i'll be watching and checking in and cheering you on from the sidelines. right now i can't seem to focus on food and eating well. i know i'll get back to it. missy--have a great time with cathie! mj--how far toward your destination are you now? jeanne--so proud of your sundays! pam--that sounds way too good to be allowed!! but i'll try it!! cindy--you're doing so well! please don't over do. it must feel great to be back to work and getting things done, just like everyone else! you rock! lawsonmugs--9 lbs is a great start and certainly nothing to sneeze at! it's 10% of what you need to lose! that's huge!! good for you!! everyone-- have a great february! an extra day to lose! gotta love leap year!! WOOHOO!!

Last edited by nancia; 01-30-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Old 01-30-2012, 09:41 PM

I was finally able to make a trip to the post office today to pick up any last minute FQ's that were sitting there for this month. All that were sitting in the box were mailed on time. So we had 23 people sign up, one sent me a pm and had to drop due to personal reason. So the final count for January FQ's that the winner will receive is 20. That is better than what the winners over the past few months had received.

I am excited for the winner, these are some beautiful FQ's. Once the winner is announce I will mail out the winnings after I take a picture and post, they will be mailed out on Friday if I have the winners snail mail address.

It has been an adventurous month. Keep up all the hard work each of you are doing. I am happy to be here to encourage and support each of you. I didn't do all I wanted to this month but will work on that as we progress through the year.
    Old 01-31-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    congrats on all the losses, big and small! i didn't see where anyone had gained! i'm sitting next month out, but i'll be watching and checking in and cheering you on from the sidelines. right now i can't seem to focus on food and eating well. i know i'll get back to it. missy--have a great time with cathie! mj--how far toward your destination are you now? jeanne--so proud of your sundays! pam--that sounds way too good to be allowed!! but i'll try it!! cindy--you're doing so well! please don't over do. it must feel great to be back to work and getting things done, just like everyone else! you rock! lawsonmugs--9 lbs is a great start and certainly nothing to sneeze at! it's 10% of what you need to lose! that's huge!! good for you!! everyone-- have a great february! an extra day to lose! gotta love leap year!! WOOHOO!!
    Nancia..........Please do keep up with us next month. I wish you the best in whatever is going on. Remember we are always here for you too.

I wont over do. I did great at work over the weekend. I felt good and about the same as I did before surgery. I just have to go a little slower, not walk so fast around the hospital. Good thing I work in a small hospital. LOL

I had to check the calendar beacause I forgot this is a leap year when posting the new thread.
    Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 AM

Pam---- thanks for sharing the recipe. It does sound good.

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Here's a quote I found tonight: Your stomach is not a wastebasket. Something to think about.
    And here's a recipe I found. Low calorie and sounds really good.

Pumpkin and Cream Bread
    Yield: 2 loaves (14 slices each)
    Batter:
    1-1/2 c. pureed pumpkin
    1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
    1 whole egg
    3 egg whites
    1 c. all-purpose flour
    2/3 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 c. Stevia Cup For Cup sweetener
    1/2 c. granulated sugar
    1 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. ground cinnamon
    1/2 t. ground nutmeg

Cream filling
    8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
    1/4 c. granulated sugar
    1 T. all-purpose flour
    2 egg whites
    1 t. vanilla extract

1. For the Batter: With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.

2. For the cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and flour until creamy and smooth.

3. Grease 2 8x4x2" loaf pans. Divide half of the batter between the two pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Top with the remaining batter.

4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don't overbake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

One serving (2 slices) = about 100 calories
    Old 02-01-2012, 02:07 PM

Do we have a taboo for this week? Did I miss it? I did well with last week's. I know it is hard to come up with something new each week so a week off is fine too.
    I am going to start weight watchers tonight!
    Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Do we have a taboo for this week? Did I miss it? I did well with last week's. I know it is hard to come up with something new each week so a week off is fine too.
    I am going to start weight watchers tonight!
    The taboo for this week is on the Feb thread. Don't forget to sign up.
    Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM

pamh -- good for you! i predict you're going to love ww. you know it was voted best diet by the medical community!
    cindy-- thanks. you'll see my smiling name.
    Old 02-02-2012, 07:23 AM

OKay ladies for the first time ever. We have a tie on the weight loss. Both have lost the same amount. Jholm and Purplemem are this months winners.

Keep up the good work ladies.