Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 AM

I would like to be in for January 2012. I'm confused as to what color theFQ should be for Mim and where it should go. Can someone clarify that issue for me. Thanks.
    Old 01-02-2012, 06:37 AM

thanks, Ladies! It may take me a few days to get out of the house but the FQs will go postal. I weighed in & have held steady. Can not believe I didn't lose anything even with not eating all day saturday & the extra work & stress. oh well.
    Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Default BJ

Hi, I'd like to join in, am I too late?
    Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 AM

I'm in I've never done this before but I really need to loose some weight. I've been watching the 2011 weight board.
    Old 01-02-2012, 07:04 AM

I have a question how do you put the My Fitness Pal on your signature?
    Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Welcome to bwjordan and Quilter Day-by-Day and welcome back to JHolm. Jeanne, a brown, green or white FQ from December's challenge goes to mim. You pm her for her address. BJ, Quilter and Jeanne, mail a red, red and white or white FQ to createfourpaws for this month (before the 10th). She will mail them on to the winner February 2nd. PM her for her PO Box address. This month is a little cumbersome with the overlap. Next month will be smooth.

Sign up is still open for the FQ challenge and is always open to join in the group. We are NOT a closed group. We need new members as much as we hope you need us. The support gained here is invaluable in the struggle some of us have to control our weight and improve our health.

Jeanne, I'm glad to hear from you. How are things going? Have the meds leveled out? I envy you your water aerobics because I was addicted in the 80s. I can't believe the weather I drove though to get there. Sometimes it was just the instructor and me who braved the roads.

I really need to start cleaning my house. As always, the holidays have been hard on it. I'll check in here when I need a break. If I stay too long, boot me off.

I am gaining control of my weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 AM

I'm still working on my New year's resolutions, but my stated goal for January concerning getting my weight under control is to lose the five pounds I gained in December, plus one more. Don't laugh at just one - it gets tough at the end. My excuse is that if I go slowly, I may not end up as wrinkled. Of course, old age may have something to do with that, but I'm 39 and holding. Ha!

Decide what's a reasonable goal for you and go put it in a visible place. My huge orange number is on the last day of my calender. Usually, it's a two, but with the extra five, I'll be happy with one. Too bad I won't win this month. I like red - maybe second to coral. My family room is red accented and my kitchen will be painted red when I can work on a ladder. Even my (new) vintage sewing machine is a Redeye.
    Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day
    I have a question how do you put the My Fitness Pal on your signature?

I have not seen anyone be able to put the MY Fitness pal back in the signature since we went to the new board. That may be a question for the moderators.

Welcome aboard Deb.
    Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Hello...can't join for Jan, as I have no idea where my wt is.Right now, life has handed me/us a full....over flowing plate.
    We got to DD's in Fl & 3 days later DH spent a wk in hosp with pneumonia.
    Went on a cruise & 3 days after leaving,DD became ill with what her Dr always said was diverticulitis.She made it thru,sleeping a lot & not eating.Cruise was over on Sat & Sun,we spent all nt in hosp before tests showed a blockage of the colon.The tube inserted thru nose to stomach was a nightmare & 3 days later,was found to be inserted wrong.

Long story short,she was in hosp 4 days,then had nearly 8hrs of surgery.Surgeon found the colon & bladder were grown together.Another 9days in ICU & 4 more in step down ICU .......

We stayed & took care of her for 10 days,then left for home.Her husband took this wk off & her daughter will be there next wk. DD is using a walker, looking bruised & beat up.She had 3 diff IVs,plus the nose tube etc.The days seemed to last forever,while we stayed at the hosp,but she's doing ok.The surgeon told her it will be a long,slow recovery.

We call & e mail often.Her hub has really been great,doing housework etc.This was 1st time we didn't winterize the house before leaving, so DH needed for us to get home.Looks like snow/cold this wk.

Good luck to last mos loser & all who are trying to lose.
    Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
    Hello...can't join for Jan, as I have no idea where my wt is.Right now, life has handed me/us a full....over flowing plate.
    We got to DD's in Fl & 3 days later DH spent a wk in hosp with pneumonia.
    Went on a cruise & 3 days after leaving,DD became ill with what her Dr always said was diverticulitis.She made it thru,sleeping a lot & not eating.Cruise was over on Sat & Sun,we spent all nt in hosp before tests showed a blockage of the colon.The tube inserted thru nose to stomach was a nightmare & 3 days later,was found to be inserted wrong.

Long story short,she was in hosp 4 days,then had nearly 8hrs of surgery.Surgeon found the colon & bladder were grown together.Another 9days in ICU & 4 more in step down ICU .......

We stayed & took care of her for 10 days,then left for home.Her husband took this wk off & her daughter will be there next wk. DD is using a walker, looking bruised & beat up.She had 3 diff IVs,plus the nose tube etc.The days seemed to last forever,while we stayed at the hosp,but she's doing ok.The surgeon told her it will be a long,slow recovery.

We call & e mail often.Her hub has really been great,doing housework etc.This was 1st time we didn't winterize the house before leaving, so DH needed for us to get home.Looks like snow/cold this wk.

Good luck to last mos loser & all who are trying to lose.
    Pat...........wow you have had a time of things. I will pray for your family. Please keep in touch with us and join us again when you can.