Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM

Happy 4th to one and all.
    It's been a good day so far. Got our walk in before the real heat set in so on my way to 10,000 steps again today. I weigh myself tomorrow so we'll see how I'm doing. Love the recipe you posted Missy and the tip about the frosting at Michaels sounds good I really don't like real sweet frosting so will try that also. Trying my hand at designing my own quilt and it's been slow going but I think it will be worth the work.
    It's over 100 again today and humid. I am staying indoors the rest of the day and praying for cooler weather tomorrow.
    I am losing!!!
    Gail
    Old 07-04-2011, 02:38 PM

i have a correction to make. i was wrong! the diet coke with splends is calorie free. i picked up the wrong can! regular coke is 140 calories a can. phew.
    Old 07-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Hello everyone. I'm in for the month but not for the losing quarter. Life is very hectic right now. I went to FL for 2 wks for DGD high school graduation. Overdid it with my knee, but have been faithfully doctoring it since being back home. Its much better. However, I am leaving tomorrow morning going back to So GA. My oldest sister, Judy, was diagnosed with a rare breast cancer 3 yrs go. Last yr it had metastasized to her lungs. She just got results of new PET scan last week. Cancer is now in her liver. She has drastically declined in the past week, so Im heading back home. I dont know how long I will be there, 1,2 wks or longer. Im taking it one day a time and will do whatever Judy needs/wants me to do. She just turned 61. Bless her heart!! Ive been trying to finish a quilt I started for her many yrs ago, with family/personal info and pictures hand embroidered. I want to get this thing finished and too her asap. I do not have time to quilt it myself, so Im taking it to Stewy and he is going to quilt it and give it back to me the next day. God Bless his heart!!!! Unfortunately, I will have to work during the day while I am in GA but so thankful I work remote from home so I CAN go when I am needed. Judy said at least I will "be there" with her.

I am proud of all the losing you all have been doing. I am down as this morning is my lowest weight, which I havent seen in 10 yrs. I need to go back and look to see what I weighed the beginning of June to know how many lbs I did lose last month, but I know it wasnt anywhere near 10 lbs. I have now lost a total of 28.1 lbs. Im SOOO close to the 30 lb mark but still a long way to go. I will check in when I can. Keep up the good work!!!! God Bless you all. Sandy

Lynne, I met a man the other day who rec'd the same injections you did. He said the 1st one took 2 wks to feel results of. The 2nd one gave him almost immmediately relief. You're in my prayers, my friend!
    It is so good to see you post, but hate the news you bear. Prayers for your sister. 61 is so young. Congratulations on losing weight even while away. You know I feel for your knee. DH & I suspect it will take at least a month for me to recover from the Synvisc One. Today is the first day I wish I hadn't done it. I have started using the elliptical, which seems to soothe the joint. Walking is a different story.

Big squishy hugs!
    Lynne
    Old 07-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Happy 4th to one and all.
    It's been a good day so far. Got our walk in before the real heat set in so on my way to 10,000 steps again today. I weigh myself tomorrow so we'll see how I'm doing. Love the recipe you posted Missy and the tip about the frosting at Michaels sounds good I really don't like real sweet frosting so will try that also. Trying my hand at designing my own quilt and it's been slow going but I think it will be worth the work.
    It's over 100 again today and humid. I am staying indoors the rest of the day and praying for cooler weather tomorrow.
    I am losing!!!
    Gail
    You are doing so good!!

That frosting is great. You will love it. It is a bit spendy but it is cheaper than buying new clothes cause my butt got bigger. LOL!!

Missy
    Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    SWChick, if I offended you, I apologize. All I meant to say was that if you're not with us, please don't be against us. This thread strives to be uplifting and caring.

Patrice-J, I will honor not your post with a comment.

createfourpaws, please hang in here. We all need each other. And I need you to complete our list. MJ is still healing and I'm behind on a wedding quilt for this Saturday. Help.

The rest of you, let's ignore this glitch in our quest to improve our health and continue posting about our weight loss, our quilts and yes, our lives. Our emotional state effects our weight loss and for that reason is an acceptable reason to share where we are at in this particular moment.

Wishing you all a great Independence Day. I am losing weight. Judy
    Judy, thanks for posting this and getting the thread back on track.

Lynne
    Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 PM

I find that attending a wedding brings all those mushy feelings to the top for me for everyone I love.

Missy, what about the bbq? Did I miss that comment?

I am trying to find a way to sew in spite of my knee issues. I've read several quilters on the board sew standing up. Haven't tried that yet, but I don't know if my foot feed cord is long enough.

I am curious. My legs/knees bother me most when I am off my feet regardless of how long I was up. I used to think they bothered me because I was too busy - now I'm not sure.

I can't live on pain pills from now on. Does anyone have pain management suggestions?

Thanks.

I am so very grateful that I live in this wonderful country. May God continue to bless the USA>
    Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM

Lets keep up the encouragement...........share our successes, challenges so we can be encouraged.

I am sticking around this month. Thank you Judy for your hard work here.

MJ hope your starting to feel better.

Missy you are an encouragement and thanks for the reminder about getting a togo box at the beginning of the meal to split the meal.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their 4th holiday. Thanks to the men and women who have served to keep us free.
    Old 07-04-2011, 06:15 PM

I took a break to walk the dogs and then to watch the Macy 4th of July program. The dogs talked me into going to the lake, so I missed the first part. I arrived home in time to see/hear Beyonce sing "I'm Proud to be an American". Wow! I have Lee Greenwood's version and like it, but she did the song proud.

I'm sure MJ will pop in tomorrow with an assignment for us.

AmyG posted about being on the Adkins diet. I love that diet, though I have to modify it to lower fat for me - probably more South Beach without all the purchased products. Maybe I'll try it for a while to see if I can jumpstart my losses again.

Looks like we are small group this month. I'd rather have 35 active participants that 20 active and 50 wishy-washy. So here's to upward on onward with our health - and downward with our weight.

I am losing weight and I AM going back to the sewing machine. I didn't make enough 4 patches, so it's back to the cutting table, too. Thank goodness for the June Tailor ruler with the slots.
    Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Family went to MIL for dinner and a swim this afternoon. Good burgers, broccoli salad, and visiting :). Stayed true to diet today, got back on track after our break yesterday.

We were laying around resting after we got home, reading QB and said "self, stop reading about it and go do it!". DH, DS, and dogs and I went for a good long walk :). YEAH us.

Ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful and restful holiday weekend and are ready for a happy week ahead. Do your best, eat what you can wisely, and exercise.

Hugz~

Amy
    Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 PM

you know, if things continue like this i will have to quit qb! i spend all my time on the board and i haven't done one stitch all week!

i was at wallyworld today and noticed they had some wonderful lumberman's plaid flannel. really heavy weight and good dark colors. $2 or $3 (can't remember) a yard. all cotton. gor-ge-us!

i AM losing weight, time and money, but i don't mind a bit.

put on a pair of pants to go out and they were a little snug, so i thought, oh, no! i'm swelling!(well i can't be gaining weight because i've been pretty good) and when i had occasion to notice such a thing, i saw that the size was 2 down from what i normally wear! woo hoo!! )()( happy dance)()()(