Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
    well yesterday I actually ended up walking a total of 6 miles. This upcoming week my goals are to lift weights twice and do cardio 2 times, with a stretching session somewhere in there.

I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning and see how I've been doing. I'm hoping to finally break through my platue, That would be a great start to the month!
    Liz...YOU ROCK! I would LOVE to be at a place where I can physically walk that far! It will happen just will take time. You are doing great and I bet you will push past that plataue soon!

Missy
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 AM

Here are pictures of the purse and journal covers I was telling you about:

I would be curious about what you think about them and if you thought they would be good items to have in my craft fair booth this fall.

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-224156.jpe   attachment-224157.jpe  
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Here are pictures of the purse and journal covers I was telling you about:

I would be curious about what you think about them and if you thought they would be good items to have in my craft fair booth this fall.

Missy
    These are both great! I think they are smashingly beauteous!

Where did you find the patterns, please provide a link!
    I'm thinking at least the journal covers would be good Christmas presents for my assorted nieces and nephews.
    Write on the front page Gratitude Journal.
    Remember to stock up on those hardback journal/notebooks while they are on sale. I think Walgreens has them 3/$1.

I suggest you add a velcro fastener to the inside of your purse so it has a closing device. The sew in velcro is cheap cheap at wmt and will not "wash" out like the stick on kind. Ask me how I know...

:D :D
    Old 07-10-2011, 09:05 AM

Here is the link to the pattern for the purses:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...t-purse_1.html

Here is the link to the journal covers:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...ournals_1.html

I think you are right MJ that a bit of velcro would be a good addition to the purse. I also think that buying the journals while on sale would be great too.

Missy
    Old 07-10-2011, 10:35 AM

Ooooh....I am sooo bad right now. I decided that because my parents have been so busy and out of their gourds lately with the wedding and all that jazz that I would make something yummy for them. (Right now they are in Wyoming visiting friends for the day.)

My step-dad LOVES peanut butter and my mom just loves sweets. So I made these unreal peanut butter bars. They taste exactly like a paydar bar. YUMM-O!

They are in the fridge cooling off. I will cut them in small 2x2 inch squares.

The house smells amazing right now. I want to go stick my face in the pan and inhale them. BUT I am NOT going to do that. I will save them for my parents.

Like I said...I am bad all the way to the bone. Why did I do this to myself? I have no idea. *bangs head on desk*

Oh well.

They are made. They will be cut. They will be eaten. In that order.

Missy
    Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 AM

redkimba, feel free to join in anytime. You can post anytime without being in the FQ challenge.

The wedding and reception went well, but I'm tired. I'm trying to stay out of the ice cream I bought for the granddaughter I am picking up tomorrow. I'm going have a big glass of water and take a nap.

When I had pneumonia, the only thing that took care of the cough was onions and raw honey together.
    Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    redkimba, feel free to join in anytime. You can post anytime without being in the FQ challenge.

The wedding and reception went well, but I'm tired. I'm trying to stay out of the ice cream I bought for the granddaughter I am picking up tomorrow. I'm going have a big glass of water and take a nap.

When I had pneumonia, the only thing thast took care of the cough was onions and raw honey together.
    So glad the wedding went well! I would be tired too!! A nap sounds wonderful right now. Did you give the newlyweds the quilt you have been working on? What did they say about it?

Missy
    Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    Hi everyone. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I hate summertime colds. Does anyone have a good remedy for this. I'm taking my vitamins and drinking alot of sugar-free OJ. I took some cold meds and I think it's making me feel worse.
    I can honestly say that we haven't had a cold or the flu in over 6 yrs now.If we do get sick,the 1st thing I do is boil a whole chicken,and make chicken and noodle soup,as the fat in the chicken broth loosens the flem and gets rid of all the gunk.I never take many cold pills unless I just can't stand it.Best thing is to get on mega doses of vit.C,and see if you can't get some erythromiacin antibiotic {sp} as it will help it going into deeper complications.Everybody in my neighborhood has been sick this yr,some that really bad one that puts them down literally for 2 weeks.Pills sometimes hinder the healing process,as we need to get rid of the gunk to get well.So,I hope you get better soon,I have heard a cold is 10 days,and the flue is 14 days.They just have to run it's course.I didn't get a flu shot this yr.But usually do.Good luck
    Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 PM

or something
    Originally Posted by JHolm
    Missy - hope you get to go on your vacation. Sorry Cathie had to leave. Things will get better you'll see.

I'm not doing so good right now - I haven't slept hardly at all for the last two nights. Think I'll have to call my psych doc to get my meds adjusted. One of my meds counteracts another one and when I get stressed out I get racy and they have to cut down on my antidepressant. It's a hard balance to maintain. But I have a good doctor and a good therapist so that helps. Unfortunatly my therapist is out of town right now but she comes back this week and I see her on Wed. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

DH is going to a baseball game this afternoon so I'll be alone most of the day but it's good for him to get out.

I maintained my food intake yesterday and when I took my blood suger level it was in the normal range so that's a good thing.

Xylie - I don't know how you do anything in that heat. You just amaze me. It's been in the 90's this past week here and that's way hot enough for me. We haven't had any rain for awhile and all the lawns are turning brown. Now they are predicting sever thunderstorms all this week.

Well, everyone have a good day. Stay out of the heat.

God Bless!
    Well,I am just going to have to do an intervention on your behalf before the lord.And I will.So,don't you worry,help IS on the way!I promise.The heat is bad right now,we're starting to get into the worst part.We have trees all around the property,so shade is everywhere,I grab the hose and spray up in the trees,and it makes a evaporative cooler out of them with a breeze.Plus I sprinkle myself too.When it gets above 110,it's hot no matter what the degrees say.We do most of our outside stuff early,or evening.It's too bad your meds are counteracting one another.I'm sure they will get them straightened out so you do get to doing better and can get your life back.Good luck
    Old 07-10-2011, 06:18 PM

I was wondering if I could join? I know that I am too late for the fq deal, but would still like to see if I can loose a few pds for July. Even though I can't participate in winning the fq, I don't mind sending one to the winner. I will try to start at the beginning next month. I just discovered this group a couple of days ago.