Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I have, but Lulu is scared of him now that he looks different. He left looking like a furry ragamuffin, but now he is an elegant poodle who has bathed, so he even smells different.

She climbed up on the back of my recliner and hid behind my head.

Honey was happy as Moe Moe is her adopted baby, she frets every time he leaves.

Sammy is indifferent. Still waiting on doc call.
    I LOVE hearing about your furrbabies!! They sound just precious. One day when I am no longer living with my mom I think I will get me a pet.

The doc has not called yet? That is nuts! They need to get on the ball.

I would be frustrated if my doctor did not do what they were supposed to do. Ugh.

Missy
    Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Missy~ I'm just determined. I've decided I want to buy a new wardrobe for Christmas! I decided since it's taken me 6 months to loose 11 lbs, that It'll take me that long to loose another 10! If I don't start moving and lifting now it won't happen then I'll be sad! Walking at the mall is a good way to get exercise and it's cool!

MJ~ glad to hear that the sugar is starting to go the way you want it! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Going to try and get my boys to bed early so that I can maybe finish the quilt top I told my MIL wouldn't take more then 3 weeks, that was 3 months ago! OOPS!

Happy quilting all!
    Old 07-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Have leg appointment tomorrow at 1:00 p.m/

All furbabies are in bed, I'm writing a quick paper.
    Old 07-13-2011, 06:48 PM

I am wondering if anyone in this group has Lipedema or Lymphedema. I have had it for several years and have a lot of trouble losing and gaining weight. I am the leader of my Local TOPS club and it does look bad the leader gaines one week or two then has a big loss the next week. If anyone suffers from this disease maybe you would have som suggestions for me. Thanks Pam
    Old 07-13-2011, 07:53 PM

I found a new yummy snack! Chocolate animal crackers! 13 crackers are 100 calories. They are so chocolatey and yummy. Be sure to count out the portions because it would be so easy to get carried away. If you just nibble off small bites they last longer! I got them at Walmart.
    Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM

I love those!

I also eat oyster crackers sprinkled with ranch seasoning.
    You can buy the seasoning in the popcorn section.
    Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM

temptation! temptation! if i have any snacks like that i will eat 1 serving of each. i do better if i just don't get the juices running. tomorrow i have an early dr's appointment so i will be able to weigh myself before i leave. i'm a little nervous. i see signs that i've lost bulk, but don't know about weight. i assure you it has NOT turned to muscle! drat. i will quilt the baby quilt tomorrow. i had the iron on poly filling and forgot it was iron on, so sprayed it with the basting spray. i sure hope that all washes out because right now it's 'a little' stiff and thin. wish me luck! i will post pictures when appropriate. i did find the spray very easy to work with, altho' they say to only use it on cotton batting and fabric ,oops. and the iron on batting is also easy to use and not horribly expensive. i bought 1 twin size batt and have made 2 baby quilts and have enough left for one more. my baby quilts are pretty small, 36"x42" ish. so they are dragging around size later. i am losing--so i will try sleeping. g'nite! everybody, have a great thursday!
    Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    mj- i feel like i need a program for the cast of characters! if moemoe is in need of a diet give him canned green beans mixed with 2/3 of his kibble or normal food. when my pups beef up i do this and they don't seem to mind at all, in fact, they act less hungry than normal. i find the french cut beans are more filling to them.
    everyone seems to be doing better. i'm so glad! shows what happens when we focus on each other, lots of good! yesterday, i peeked at the board, but didn't write anything. i was determined to get some quilting done! so my headache and i pieced a very simple baby quilt top and i'm hoping today to get it at least sandwiched. then onto quilting. i'm still doing straightline, as i've yet to practice fmq. this is for a surprise baby- the result of an exuberant new year's celebration! very wanted, thank goodness!! just found out it's a boy, but didn't know so the quilt is green and teal, of wm precut squares and yardage. i'm happy so far! feels good to be back at the machine, and since it didn't require much thought i could spend that energy pretending i didn't have a headache. not very effective. can't decide should i sandwich or go walk at the mall? wish i could take the dogs, it's just as hot outside for them! and like moe moe, monkey has a little too much padding on her ribs. her idea of excercise is to go check her bowl for food. lol-- apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (me). she also has a torn knee injury from puppyhood so i can't run her round the block , as if i could run. someday perhaps.... anyhoo, am glad to hear more positive happenings and hope it's a trend that continues for all of us! i keep forgetting to weigh when i first get up, but i tell myself i feel thinner. i also tell my self i'm gorgeous, smart, young and rich. honestly, i'll believe anything!!lmbo (don't you wish we really could? i'd laugh constantly if it would work.) I AM LOSING-- just not my butt!
    Well,I'll add you to the prayer "list".By tomorrow,I want that headache gone.Green beans are good to eat for me too,their low in calories and yes,filling.And dill pickles are free,if you can have the sodium.I can,so they don't bother me.And your butt will come off,I lose in the arms and legs,then the boobs,and butt.I mean,I am now in a sz 16 pr of blue jeans in the calvin kline.6 months ago,never would of dreamed it.So,hang in there,your losing.It's working.Just give it time.Everybody is doing great.By the time we get done,we'll all be much much skinnier,and much more healthy and off our pills and stuff.There is so much tied to obesiety,high blood pressure,diabetis,strokes,heart problems,water retention,and yes,headaches too.But the more we lose,the more we will drop those off our list.So,let's get to crackin,I got to get to crackin.I'm doing it for me,cause I'm worth it.And I deserve it.Let's keep at it and get er done for once in our lives,I'm going to do it and finish it,no matter how long it takes me.And I been at it 4 yrs now,but am not giving up,or getting tired of it,or getting bored with it.I still haven't lost any weight this month either,but maybe needed a break.Sometimes,I do that,my body just shuts down and refuses to budge any fat off.Then it takes off and goes for another 35 pounds,till it does it again.And that's ok.I'm happy to be where I'm at,at 158 pounds.Geesh,35 pounds would be at 123 pounds,which would be too thin for me.I want to be at 140.So,18 pounds is all I got to go.Yeah!Then I'm done!!!So,you can do it too!I am losing,I am losing,I am losing!!!
    Old 07-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Nobody here today? Here in Mississippi the rain is a pourin' down and we are wet, wet, wet. Better than temps over 100, like yesterday.

I got my doppler today and there are no clots! Yippee! They did refer the scans to a cardiologist but they wouldn't have let me go home if I had a clot. I was told that walking in the door, and I expected that.

Blood sugar today was 474 this morning, so there is some inflammation going on somewhere. Maybe phlebitis? No that doesn't mean I have fleas, it means the veins are inflamed.

I am feeling good and quilted most of that baby quilt last night. Tonight I have 3 borders to quilt, then the binding and it is ready for its new home. DH will take it tomorrow to the new mommy, I hope.

I want to start a few new ones but I am fulfilling my quilty obligations first. I was at Walmart last night, regular composition books were 20 cents and crayons 40 cents. I bought some crayons for kids in the neighborhood, I buy clearance Halloween coloring books and save them to give away Halloween night with new crayons. It is just as cheap as candy when I shop carefully and a lot more fun and long lasting.

I buy the Christmas ones too and give them on Christmas Even morning with pj's to be opened then... It gives them something to focus on that exciting day and something new to wear that night.
    Old 07-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Nobody here today? Here in Mississippi the rain is a pourin' down and we are wet, wet, wet. Better than temps over 100, like yesterday.

I got my doppler today and there are no clots! Yippee! They did refer the scans to a cardiologist but they wouldn't have let me go home if I had a clot. I was told that walking in the door, and I expected that.

Blood sugar today was 474 this morning, so there is some inflammation going on somewhere. Maybe phlebitis? No that doesn't mean I have fleas, it means the veins are inflamed.

I am feeling good and quilted most of that baby quilt last night. Tonight I have 3 borders to quilt, then the binding and it is ready for its new home. DH will take it tomorrow to the new mommy, I hope.

I want to start a few new ones but I am fulfilling my quilty obligations first. I was at Walmart last night, regular composition books were 20 cents and crayons 40 cents. I bought some crayons for kids in the neighborhood, I buy clearance Halloween coloring books and save them to give away Halloween night with new crayons. It is just as cheap as candy when I shop carefully and a lot more fun and long lasting.

I buy the Christmas ones too and give them on Christmas Even morning with pj's to be opened then... It gives them something to focus on that exciting day and something new to wear that night.
    YAY no clots but geez louise your blood sugar! Holy moly. I sure hope they get the inflammation under control!!

I LOVE the Halloween idea and Christmas one too. You are one smart cookie!! I am going to go to Walmart in the morning to see if my walmart has the journal books.

I decided last night that I would not be renting a booth at our local craft fair. WAY too expensive! So, we will be having a fall/winter craft bazaar and bake sale here at our house. I will advertise it in several different papers so hopefully I will get a good amount of traffic. If I don't at least I am not out $150 dollars!

Once I start getting these crafts made then I will take some pictures to show you guys!

I sure have missed all of the chatter that was not here today. Hello? Hello? Can you hear me now? hehe!

Missy