Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Well hello from HOT northeast Kansas. Too hot to quilt for sure. I have 2 ready for batting and backing that I need to get to a LAQ person. Plus 1 ready for sashing.
    Haven't had time for anything as DH was hospitalized over the July 4th weekend but home now. He isn't walking very well so is stuck in the house. I do chores and mow for him plus the house stuff as usual. Really miss my quilting time. He is gradually imporving. BUT all this is playing heck with my weight loss plans. Stress makes me want to eat more than I need. Oh well, try again tomorrow.
    Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
    Well hello from HOT northeast Kansas. Too hot to quilt for sure. I have 2 ready for batting and backing that I need to get to a LAQ person. Plus 1 ready for sashing.
    Haven't had time for anything as DH was hospitalized over the July 4th weekend but home now. He isn't walking very well so is stuck in the house. I do chores and mow for him plus the house stuff as usual. Really miss my quilting time. He is gradually imporving. BUT all this is playing heck with my weight loss plans. Stress makes me want to eat more than I need. Oh well, try again tomorrow.
    Oh sweetie!! I am so sorry your DH was sick and in the hospital. I hope he gets back to his normal self soon. You are surely right that stress makes me want to eat more too. Everyday is a new day, so just do the best you can. BIG HUGS!

Missy
    Old 07-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Hello Fabricnut, I love north east Kansas, pastored in Riley outside of Ft Riley, lived in Soldier, outside of Holton, and pastored in Whiting and Netawaka, outside of Horton.

Where be you hail from?

LOL!

Is very hot here in humid Mississippi, the storms tonight made it a little cooler, but still as muggy as a tub of skeeters.
    Old 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM

Missy
    Have you heard of HeartStringsQuiltProject.com? I just joined their online group and thought of you, as they will take a contribution as small as one block. Would be a very easy way to thank the veterans in your life...

Check out the website and tell me what you think...

http://heartstringsquiltproject.com/
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Okay, I am going to confess that today I totally went off my plan. Ate salted sunflower seeds(the whole bag) on my way to work. Had squash with a little butter for lunch, but then had a candy bar. On the way home I stopped at Arby's for their chicken pecan sandwich (way too much mayo or whatever they used) and couldn't resist their onion rings. I haven't had fried foods for a long time and maybe it is a good thing because those onion rings just don't set with my any more. So, at least I know fried foods don't taste as good as I remember them and they upset my stomach. Tomorrow will be a much better day. I am home and won't be tempted by all the fast food options

My prayers go out for each and every one of you on this topic list. I love to read all of your posts and see how we all support each other. thank you for being my friends.

Karen
    Old 07-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Well I had decided today was a total rest stop on the weight loss journey. (That's what Bill called my off days! he said he didn't like "falling off" the wagon or having a bad day! He also said it's only a rest stop if you don't work off the extra calories you consumed while resting within 72 hours!)

Anyway started off thinking that way, but I think I've done pretty good. Especially when I walked out to see how the garden was doing and ended up spending an hour working on weeding my different veggie beds! Collected quite a bountiful harvest out there and as my MIL is visiting and is supposed to be eating lean meats, had fish and veggies from the garden for dinner!!

I'm hoping that I'm still below 185! If not that means that I'll have to workout this weekend, and I don't want to seeings as I'll be having lots of visitors for my sons Birthday (tomorrow) and his party on Saturday! But I'll definetly be working out a ton next week!

Signing off on my rest stop day!
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 PM

karen, your day sounds like one of mine. it started with a lonely hot dog. and ended somewhere with a box of milkduds! so, so far this month i have held my ground. no loss, but no gain, sadly plenty pain.
    saw the neurologist this am early after a sleepless night. after some testing in office, she has me set to have 2 brain mri's, and starting some new pills. she asked if my family has a history of brain aneurisms. i know my gramps died of an aneurism during heart surgery but have no idea where it was.
    so it's either in my brain or middle ear, basically, all in my head (yeah, i had to do that. teehee). so one of my next stops is to see an ent, and see if it's as simple as an inner ear infection. it's affecting my balance, and altho' i haven't fallen, there is that risk. when people ask me if i get dizzy (no, i'm not blonde anymore) it has been hard to answer because the room isn't turning, my head is. like being on a ship in a storm, sort of. anyway, i'll be glad to get it out of my head! my blood pressure keeps going up and down and that doesn't help either. so, soon all these mysteries of (my)life will be solved. just as long as they get rid of this headache! they can remove my head for all i care!
    i hope everyone is having better luck with their diets than i am. i'm back on program sort of today. i slept from 2-6pm, and was out from 9-2am, so not much in the way of food, but i did drink water. when i get busy i block the hunger signals and just don't eat. so weird to be obese and not an eater! it's long term effect may be what is going on in my heart now. who knows? not i, that's for sure!! anyway, love to youse guys! have a great friday. and keep on, keepin' on!
    i am losing, i am losing, etc!
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    karen, your day sounds like one of mine. it started with a lonely hot dog. and ended somewhere with a box of milkduds! so, so far this month i have held my ground. no loss, but no gain, sadly plenty pain.
    saw the neurologist this am early after a sleepless night. after some testing in office, she has me set to have 2 brain mri's, and starting some new pills. she asked if my family has a history of brain aneurisms. i know my gramps died of an aneurism during heart surgery but have no idea where it was.
    so it's either in my brain or middle ear, basically, all in my head (yeah, i had to do that. teehee). so one of my next stops is to see an ent, and see if it's as simple as an inner ear infection. it's affecting my balance, and altho' i haven't fallen, there is that risk. when people ask me if i get dizzy (no, i'm not blonde anymore) it has been hard to answer because the room isn't turning, my head is. like being on a ship in a storm, sort of. anyway, i'll be glad to get it out of my head! my blood pressure keeps going up and down and that doesn't help either. so, soon all these mysteries of (my)life will be solved. just as long as they get rid of this headache! they can remove my head for all i care!
    i hope everyone is having better luck with they're diets than i am. i'm back on program sort of today. i slept from 2-6, and was out from 9-2, so not much in the way of food, but i did drink water. when i get busy i block the hunger signals and just don't eat. so weird to be obese and not an eater! it's long term effect may be what is going on in my heart now. who knows? not i, that's for sure!! anyway, love to youse guys! have a great friday. and keep on, keepin' on!
    i am losing, i am losing, etc!
    nancia, my prayers are with you. I had a brain tumor removed in 1992 so I can share the feelings of neurologist fear. I am holding your hand and praying for answers for you. The waiting is so much harder than being ill (for me). Not Knowing just scares me witless, and I didn't have many to start with. I can handle anything as long as I know...

Hugs,
    MJ
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Hi all
    Such a quite day not much chatter. MJ glad you didn't have any clots but sure hope you get that sugar count under control soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Everyone needs to slip once in awhile. Now you won't crave the fried foods so thats a plus.
    Those craft fairs are getting to money hungary for my liking. I know they have to get the space for the fair but do they have to drive a lot of people out with outrageous fees. I think your idea of having it at home is a good one. Maybe you could get a couple more people involved to make it bigger. Might be fun. More verity would bring in more people to look and buy. Just a thought.
    Gail
    Old 07-15-2011, 04:40 AM

Hello all! Weighed in this morning and I'm hold just below my platue! going to try and be extra good today and maybe squeeze in another workout so I can help stave it off!!!

Was reading through emails and came across this link, it's a pretty good one, although we've all probably heard it before!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...ow.asp?show=14

Nancia~
    Take care of yourself and slow down. Try and Remember to eat even if it's only a little snack. I know it sounds weird but keeping your calories steady will help you keep your metabolism reved and burning!