Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM

Missy I am so happy for you! I hope everything goes just the way you want it to. Be sure to take good care of you through all of this, like you said it is alot of stress and anxiety. We will all be here thinking and praying all goes well for you. I hope you can give us an update once in a while.(((HUGS))) :)
    Old 07-19-2011, 02:46 AM

Missy, that is wonderful news. My children, also, are distant from me and I know the pain that causes. Any contact is a good thing, doubly so when they "talk".

I have great news! My blood sugar was 105 this morning! Yippee! And the 13 pounds I put on Saturday night are gone!

I have a goal of walking a little today. Not much, but a little.

I finished the boy baby quilt last night and cut out the girl baby quilt. Made the first seam and stopped. Today I have lots of writing to do.

My other very exciting news? I am buying a used Juki 98 with Grace Pro frame. I have it half paid for now, will pick it up in 25 days. I'm attaching pictures, her name is Sarah!

Sarah with her frame
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]228726[/ATTACH]

Sarah in her beauty
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]228727[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-228720.jpe   attachment-228721.jpe  
    Old 07-19-2011, 04:36 AM

What a bad night! I only slept 3-4 hours. I think it is due to how bad I did at play practice last night. I messed up so many lines and even missed an entrance. I also messed up a song I have had memorized since the first week of rehearsal. Hopefully I will have all the mistakes out of my system before opening night on thursday.
    I signed up on My Fitness Pal. Maybe seeing the weight tracker will get me motivated. Looks like there are a lot of good tools on there.
    Too hot this morning even at 7am to go walking. Maybe I will walk my steps for a while. It's nice and cool in the basement.
    Old 07-19-2011, 04:52 AM

Good morning all! Missy my prayers are with you I hope it goes well with your daughters.Everyone's posts ae encouraging. I went to bed last night all prepared for eating healthy and keeping my limits in control. What did I do? I had 2 bowls of cereal for breakfast! The only thing I can figure out is that the new medication the doc put me on is causing this. This wanting to eat all the time and having no control started about the same time I started taking these meds. I've never been this out of control not even when I was very heavy. I just ate all the wrong foods but had control over portion size. Has anybody out there ever taken seraquil? If you have have you had any problems with it? Have a good day everyone. God Bless everyone.
    Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Good morning all! Missy my prayers are with you I hope it goes well with your daughters.Everyone's posts ae encouraging. I went to bed last night all prepared for eating healthy and keeping my limits in control. What did I do? I had 2 bowls of cereal for breakfast! The only thing I can figure out is that the new medication the doc put me on is causing this. This wanting to eat all the time and having no control started about the same time I started taking these meds. I've never been this out of control not even when I was very heavy. I just ate all the wrong foods but had control over portion size. Has anybody out there ever taken seraquil? If you have have you had any problems with it? Have a good day everyone. God Bless everyone.
    Jeanne, here are the known side effects. Note increased appetite and weight gain. Good luck, I refused to take that drug because I have seen some really bad reactions.

Constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; increased appetite; lightheadedness; nasal congestion; nausea; sore throat; stomach pain or upset; tiredness; vomiting; weakness; weight gain.
    http://www.drugs.com/sfx/seroquel-side-effects.html
    Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Yes I have taken seroquel. I used to take a LOT of it. I stoped taking it because of a couple reasons. The first was that it stopped working and I was hearing voices again and the other reason was that I was a walking zombie. It sedated me soooo much. I could not even take a shower without help. I am so glad I am not on that anymore. Plus I ate like I was never gonna have food again. UGH.

Missy
    Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 AM

Well I weighed in this morning and guess I should be glad that I've only gained 1.5 lbs this month so far. Stress eating is a big problem for me. Hubby is doing much better for the time being. But even that is a loss since I first started on this thread. Going back to myfitnesspal and recording everything I eat and drink. Need to really try harder for the next week. It is too hot here to walk outside even early morning. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good but not real expensive treadmill?
    Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
    Well I weighed in this morning and guess I should be glad that I've only gained 1.5 lbs this month so far. Stress eating is a big problem for me. Hubby is doing much better for the time being. But even that is a loss since I first started on this thread. Going back to myfitnesspal and recording everything I eat and drink. Need to really try harder for the next week. It is too hot here to walk outside even early morning. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good but not real expensive treadmill?
    Have you considered a Wii Fit instead? I am seriously going to ask Santa for one for Christmas...can't do it before then.
    Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 AM

I've been having a problem lately with the late night munchies, so I've started drinking a very large glass of water while looking for something to munch on. Usuaully by the time I finish the water ( about 3 to 4 min.) I feel full and don't want anything. Sure I will have to get up later to go to the bathroom but I'd rather have the exerise than the calories. When my tread mill went out I started doing laps on the stairs. That worked pretty good since we live in a very hilly area that I can't walk in.
    Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 AM

Here is some more wisdom from the nurse about dieting and our mindset:

//don't know if I am feeling true hunger for the first time or what//

If you are physically hungry: eat something. Hopefully something helpful.

If you are emotionally hungry you can eat everything in your house and it won't help. You have to figure out what you are feeling, what you really need, and how to get that need met. In other words you have to develop some new coping mechanisms, because eating won't work anymore. Emotional eating is just stuffing your feelings down with food. Emotional eating is a form of anesthesia. What is it you're trying to numb yourself about?

I have a feeding schedule. Like feeding time at the zoo. If it's not feeding time I don't get to eat. I don't ask myself "am I hungry?" or "am I not hungry?" I don't trust myself to know the answer. I just eat my designated portion at my designated time. Then I don't get to eat again until the next feeding time. If I think I'm hungry I drink a whole bottle of some low calorie liquid. I tell myself I can wait until lunchtime to eat (that's what normal people do). Or sometimes I say "you ate cookies for breakfast, you deserve to be hungry, you can just wait. Maybe tomorrow you'll make a better choice." You have to start setting loving limits with yourself.

Some of this is re-parenting.

I will always be recovering from emotional eating.

One thing I have learned since I had my surgery is that being hungry is not an emergency. I can eat when I get home or if that is not going to happen anytime soon then I will make a good choice that will hold me over until I can get home. Does this make sense? In the past when I felt hunger I felt like I HAD to deal with it at that moment. SO, it was off to fast food place. Bad choices, for sure.

Missy