Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 PM

I will be on later to write, I have nineteen things going at once.
    Old 07-23-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    Originally Posted by JHolm
    DH & I are taking a quilt class called "Change of Seasons". The main reason we took it was because it features so many techniques that I have never used. We are currently working on paper piecing which bot of us find challenge, fun but challenging.
    It's so great that you take classes together. I talk to my DH about quilting and his eyes start to glaze over after a minute or 2. OH well, I can't complain because it's the same way when he talks about golf. Watching golf on TV will put me to sleep faster than any sleeping pill can.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
    Really,if I read or watch tv I get really tired.
    Old 07-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    what do you glue the seams with? it's a decomposing nine patch, dp9, to those who do it right . i stitched in an unconventional way when i was quilting it, too. i went to the center to start. if it was a square, then i followed that line all the way to and across the border. then i went back to the center and moved to the next seam and "drew" an imaginary line to the border and across. just kept doing that until that quarter of the quilt was done. then i moved to the next quarter and did the same thing, and so on. then went perpendicular to those lines, again starting in the center and working out through the border. REALLY showed up where my seams were wrong or the quilt wasn't square. you'll understand better when i post pictures. worst job i've done to date, but it's for a one yr old and , really, he won't care! i'm hoping he drags it thru the next 6 yrs or so of his life so when it wears out, no one will think it was my crummy workmanship. lol. BTW, my true love is sculpting, but when i can't do that i'll dabble in anything! i have to finish this painting this week end because i'm going to say good-bye to his parents. we have tried being friends and for too many reasons it just really hasn't worked out, but i think none of us so far have wanted to be the one who called it quits. well, i say it's time to put that old horse out of it's misery, so i guess i'm the one who will shoot it.
    see, i am losing, and i am in control. pooh! doesn't mean i'm liking it.
    Well, again Sharon will show you how to square a quilt up,even if finished.You simply wet the quilt and pin,pin,pin,and measure of course,and starch.Anyway,there is nothing wrong with your quilt that Sharon's video's won't fix.
    You use washable elmers school glue with a micro tip.I got my tips at Michaels in the window art supplies section where they use the tubes for writing.The have 3 sizes in the box,was less than $5.00,and it does fit the smaller elmer's bottle good.Just watch Sharon Schambers video's on you-tube on her channel on "eight pointed star" & "Stash and Dash"I promise you,you will go back and watch all her video's as she has a lot of good tips.It will increase your accuracy 100 %.With her method,if you screw up a seam,you can simply rip it out and re-glue it.When it's right,then you sew it.And it washes out.Everybody should watch her video's if they sew any at all.I really improved my skills when I found her.There is a lot of cool video's on you-tube.But Sharon is my top pick as she is a master quilter.Did you all see her see through quilt?Wow,was that a stunner.
    Old 07-23-2011, 01:17 PM

I just thought you would like to know there are 155 sewing days until Christmas! Don't you feel the chill of the winter air already? No? Uh Oh. Run Missy Run! Your carbon footprint is at risk!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-230774.jpe  
    Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 PM

I've missed all the cute pictures you used to post.
    Old 07-23-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I've missed all the cute pictures you used to post.
    Aww. Thank you! I so love cute and funny pictures!

Missy
    Old 07-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Yay! I lost another half of a pound today! I sure won't reach my goal this month but at least I am back to losing again.Does anyone else worry that if they get off track they will never get back on? That is a huge fear for me because.....well I know myself. LOL I know I wouldn't have come this far with out all of your help and I am so thankful to have all of you in my life. It really has made a big difference. Thank you to all of you!:)
    Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Yay! I lost another half of a pound today! I sure won't reach my goal this month but at least I am back to losing again.Does anyone else worry that if they get off track they will never get back on? That is a huge fear for me because.....well I know myself. LOL I know I wouldn't have come this far with out all of your help and I am so thankful to have all of you in my life. It really has made a big difference. Thank you to all of you!:)
    WOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Missy
    Old 07-23-2011, 04:53 PM

Here is the quilt I just finished. I am in love with the back!!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-230837.jpe   attachment-230838.jpe  
    Old 07-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Oops sorry about the double posting!!!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-230839.jpe   attachment-230840.jpe