Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-24-2011, 02:20 PM

Well,it's overcast today and about 100 outside,so a little break.Yeah!And I'm under 160 again.So doing good and starting to move again.Yes!
    Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM

xylie--did you see where we shared a post? bet we couldn't do that again if we tried. lol
    it is pouring here! love it. the heat has broken--still plenty warm, but not 103! i am working my weight down, too. nearly to a new land! woohoo! i was so good last night! i went to wm and was going to buy a piece of cake. yes, i know. and ended up with a box of mini cupcakes so as i'm walking to the check out i do a mental addition in my head and think i won't have enough cash for everything. i put down the cc's, hold onto the cherries and check out. only treat i bought were the cherries. grieved the loss of the cc's for about an hour, then grew up and got over it. it may not sound like a big deal to most, but i had built cake into a huge need in my mind, a live or die kind of thing. meh, i lived.
    Old 07-24-2011, 03:16 PM

hello friends!
    Been crazy here with impossible deadlines! but fun!
    I put all work down today and went to Mama's and sewed. I loved it, got a corner done of a wall hanging that I am hand quilting.

Weight loss: I have 5 pounds that I am see-sawing with. Here today, gone tomorrow...But I saw my brother and SIL today for the first time in a year and they could see the 40 lbs loss.

Missy, I will miss you but have fun in Texas.
    The blood squirt would have scared me to pieces. ER here I come!
    Old 07-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Today was the last performance of 42nd St. What fun!! Just got home from the cast party with pizza and red velvet cake. I had a house full of company this weekend with 3 sisters, my 83 yr old mother, a sister in law, and my daughter and her husband who all came to see the play. Now I can get back to my life. No more getting home at 10pm starving. Maybe I can actually do some sewing this week. If the weather cools down I may even make it outside for some walking.
    Old 07-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Okay folks...the time has come and I will be leaving in the morning for Texas and will be back home on the 2nd but leaving again on the third to spend about three weeks with Cathie in Nebraska.

I will check in when I can and post when I can.

I am going to miss you guys sooooooooo much. Remember that I love you and will be back soon!

Missy
    Old 07-24-2011, 05:14 PM

Safe travels, Missy. Eat clean. Make everything that goes into your body worthwhile. When sh!t happens, and it will when you are dealing with people, especially relatives, find another way than eating to deal with it. You should be able to go out for a short walk by now. Enjoy your trip!

MJ, I'm doing the same thing with two pounds instead of five. Have been for 2 months. Neither one of us can up the exercise and I don't want to eat less. Okay, I said it, now what do I do about it? Change what - not how much. Less cheese and more veggies. I can do that.

Why go to the ER if I can stop the bleeding? It's not covered unless I'm admitted to the hospital so I need to make sure I'm in bad shape before I go. The constant cash flow or drain. Speaking of which, I had to have a plumber this week. Darn, that could have been a lot of fabric.

I hope it's cooled off enough to go out. The dogs and I are getting restless. I AM losing weight and becoming healthier. Goodnight.
    Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 PM

missy--tell dallas i'll be there soon! have a great trip!
    Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    xylie--did you see where we shared a post? bet we couldn't do that again if we tried. lol
    it is pouring here! love it. the heat has broken--still plenty warm, but not 103! i am working my weight down, too. nearly to a new land! woohoo! i was so good last night! i went to wm and was going to buy a piece of cake. yes, i know. and ended up with a box of mini cupcakes so as i'm walking to the check out i do a mental addition in my head and think i won't have enough cash for everything. i put down the cc's, hold onto the cherries and check out. only treat i bought were the cherries. grieved the loss of the cc's for about an hour, then grew up and got over it. it may not sound like a big deal to most, but i had built cake into a huge need in my mind, a live or die kind of thing. meh, i lived.
    I saw that too,and wondered how that happened.I too add up as I put things in the cart.Cause I too am limited on what I have.And so they don't over charge me,like at walmart.Their salads were on sale $1.99 for the big ones,and she charged me $3.99.on 3 of them,I did call her on it and she changed it.$6.00 is a tub of ice cream for hubby after all.
    Old 07-24-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Safe travels, Missy. Eat clean. Make everything that goes into your body worthwhile. When sh!t happens, and it will when you are dealing with people, especially relatives, find another way than eating to deal with it. You should be able to go out for a short walk by now. Enjoy your trip!

MJ, I'm doing the same thing with two pounds instead of five. Have been for 2 months. Neither one of us can up the exercise and I don't want to eat less. Okay, I said it, now what do I do about it? Change what - not how much. Less cheese and more veggies. I can do that.

Why go to the ER if I can stop the bleeding? It's not covered unless I'm admitted to the hospital so I need to make sure I'm in bad shape before I go. The constant cash flow or drain. Speaking of which, I had to have a plumber this week. Darn, that could have been a lot of fabric.

I hope it's cooled off enough to go out. The dogs and I are getting restless. I AM losing weight and becoming healthier. Goodnight.
    I agree don't go IF you can fix it. I just meant I would have gone because I wouldn't have had the presence of mind, I would have panicked.

I have increased my veggies and tried to eliminate meat altogether. We will see if it will work.
    Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Originally Posted by irishrose

I agree don't go IF you can fix it. I just meant I would have gone because I wouldn't have had the presence of mind, I would have panicked.

I have increased my veggies and tried to eliminate meat altogether. We will see if it will work.
    Well I guess it's no different than when they take blood,they hold it and put a pad on it and tape it down too.So that's what I did.It worked.I looked at it a while ago and it looks good.Can't even see where it was.Just a fluky thing that happened.And I agree with the meat,less is better.We've cut way down.Somewhere I read I think missy,said 2/3 plant base diet,and 1/3 the rest.That sounds good to me.