Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM

Missy have a safe trip! We will all miss you while you are gone. Take Irish's advice, don't let anyone or anything bring you down.Please check in when you can, oh and check out all of the quilt shops you can find!:)

Nancia good job on the cupcake vs cherry war! I have so been there so many times, more times than I can count. I have gotten better and better about stopping and talking myself into putting what I want back and exchanging it for something healthier. Sometimes I feel so good about doing it and sometimes I whine to myself for a while but then end up feeling glad that I put it back. I wonder how many people in wm are going up and down the isles having the same conversation in their heads?

Just got back from my great nephews 7th birthday party it was fun. And my dh's brothers daughter had her first baby this morning. That makes 14 great nieces and nephews for me with one more due in Dec. That is a lot of great nieces and nephews to keep track of, but they are all such little sweethearts. I am so blessed to have them in my life. I did have a small piece of cake and some icecream but didn't have dinner so hopefully it will all balance out.
    Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Safe travels, Missy. Eat clean. Make everything that goes into your body worthwhile. When sh!t happens, and it will when you are dealing with people, especially relatives, find another way than eating to deal with it. You should be able to go out for a short walk by now. Enjoy your trip!

MJ, I'm doing the same thing with two pounds instead of five. Have been for 2 months. Neither one of us can up the exercise and I don't want to eat less. Okay, I said it, now what do I do about it? Change what - not how much. Less cheese and more veggies. I can do that.

Why go to the ER if I can stop the bleeding? It's not covered unless I'm admitted to the hospital so I need to make sure I'm in bad shape before I go. The constant cash flow or drain. Speaking of which, I had to have a plumber this week. Darn, that could have been a lot of fabric.

I hope it's cooled off enough to go out. The dogs and I are getting restless. I AM losing weight and becoming healthier. Goodnight.
    So what was your plumbing issue?And I felt the same way.We don't like going to the hosp,unless it's really needed.
    Old 07-25-2011, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Missy have a safe trip! We will all miss you while you are gone. Take Irish's advice, don't let anyone or anything bring you down.Please check in when you can, oh and check out all of the quilt shops you can find!:)

Nancia good job on the cupcake vs cherry war! I have so been there so many times, more times than I can count. I have gotten better and better about stopping and talking myself into putting what I want back and exchanging it for something healthier. Sometimes I feel so good about doing it and sometimes I whine to myself for a while but then end up feeling glad that I put it back. I wonder how many people in wm are going up and down the isles having the same conversation in their heads?

Just got back from my great nephews 7th birthday party it was fun. And my dh's brothers daughter had her first baby this morning. That makes 14 great nieces and nephews for me with one more due in Dec. That is a lot of great nieces and nephews to keep track of, but they are all such little sweethearts. I am so blessed to have them in my life. I did have a small piece of cake and some icecream but didn't have dinner so hopefully it will all balance out.
    Oh it will balance out.Sometimes when I do that,I think,,not good.But get on the scales and actually lose 2 pounds.Go figure,and like Sandy,she too ate not so good and lost some and didn't gain a pound.I think because she didn't eat dinners either.We just don't eat as much as we use to.Well,thank god it was a little cooler the last 2 days,Gave us a break.In fact it was nice out tonight for our ride.I am losing again,and looks like every body else is too.That's good.So,keep at it ladies,we'll be down in no time for the holidays as missy says.100 plus days left.LOL!I am losing weight,I am losing weight,Yes!
    Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 AM

Missy you might be on your way to Tx by now. Just wanted to let you know I love your quilt and the two you designed. I like the card trick best. Be safe and check in when you can.

Xylie, I think you did the right thing. My DH is on coumadin and has this problem occasionally. Direct pressure works everytime.

Well I got my computer back and it's working like a charm. I am so happy! I just spent time catching up on posts. It seems like we have a few babies expected on this board. I agree, grandchildren are the best.

I have to get back to eating plan. Yesterday was bad and I wound up vomiting several times before I could get to sleep. Checked my blood sugar and that was good.

DH and I are taking two days this week to go on a shop hop, it's nice to spend time together and see all the new fabric.

Have a good day everyone - God Bless!
    Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Missy you might be on your way to Tx by now. Just wanted to let you know I love your quilt and the two you designed. I like the card trick best. Be safe and check in when you can.

Xylie, I think you did the right thing. My DH is on coumadin and has this problem occasionally. Direct pressure works everytime.

Well I got my computer back and it's working like a charm. I am so happy! I just spent time catching up on posts. It seems like we have a few babies expected on this board. I agree, grandchildren are the best.

I have to get back to eating plan. Yesterday was bad and I wound up vomiting several times before I could get to sleep. Checked my blood sugar and that was good.

DH and I are taking two days this week to go on a shop hop, it's nice to spend time together and see all the new fabric.

Have a good day everyone - God Bless!
    Oh,that's too bad you got ill last night.Those stomach juices burn coming up some times.I hate to puke,but on the other hand,if you can't help it,sometimes it will help you feel better.So diet is key,and bland foods may help today.Yes,coumadin is a bitch.Hubby has been on it a few times in the past,but not for yrs now.I'm glad you got your computer back and it's working good.And yes,if someone is bleeding like that,or even a lot,we do have to put pressure on it and hold it down till it quits,we can't just run to the hospital while bleeding like that,we'd bleed to death before we got there.Well,missy left,but surely she will be at a computer.They are everywhere.Esp libraries.So will probably hear from her.Well good luck on your diet.I know you can do it cause you been doing great.We all got off track this month,or most of us anyway.But are getting on the weight loss road again.It is hard to start over.I hate it.Once I'm on,then it's easier to stay on.But when I get off like this month,it just takes a lot of will power and sacrifice of saying no to myself to get it going again.But it does go.And that shop hop sounds like fun.We always like shopping.Have a good day ladies and stay on point today.Take it one day at a time,don't worry about tomorrow.Only today!I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am,Yes!
    Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM

true confession time! my dh just got home from san fran and instead of a gift of non-edible jewelry, he brought sour dough bread. 3 loaves!!! now c'mon, that's totally unfair. which one of you bribed him to do that??? i'm finally starting to take some weight off on my way to wonderland, and this happens. or am i just using that as an excuse? hmmmm..... there are things in life i can't walk away from, and fresh baked bread is at the top of that list!
    Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    true confession time! my dh just got home from san fran and instead of a gift of non-edible jewelry, he brought sour dough bread. 3 loaves!!! now c'mon, that's totally unfair. which one of you bribed him to do that??? i'm finally starting to take some weight off on my way to wonderland, and this happens. or am i just using that as an excuse? hmmmm..... there are things in life i can't walk away from, and fresh baked bread is at the top of that list!
    I'd be eating it.Not all at once,but hey,a piece of toast and a couple eggs with coffee for breakfast, or a slice with dinner,Just don't make a bowl out of it and fill it with all that good cheesy stuff.Now,that would be bad.I love sour dough.In fact,I always have starter for my bread machine.Nothing like a pot of beans or chili with hot baked bread.It won't make you gain 10 pounds if you s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out.I think it was Rita's mom who said we can eat what ever,just in moderation.If you want ice cream,have like 1 scoop.Not a big bowl.I buy snack puddings.Their small and not a huge threat.Beans are low in calories and good fiber,so you could have bread with them.In fact,I may have beans tomorrow and some sourdough bread with it.Sounds good to me.Then he can have toast with his coffee for breakfast too.I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am,Yes!
    Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 AM

Recently,in a large city in France,a poster,featuring a young thin and tan woman appeared in the window of a gym.It said,"THIS SUMMER,DO YOU WANT TO BE A MERMAID,OR A WHALE?" A middle-aged woman,who's physical characteristics did not match those of the woman on the poster,responded publicly to the question posed by the gym.To whom It May Concern,Whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins,sea lions,curious humans)They Have an active sex life,get pregnant and have adorable baby whales.They have a wonderful time with dolphins stuffing themselves with shrimp.They play and swim in the seas,seeing wonderful places like Patagonia,the Bearing Sea,and the Coral Reefs of Polynesia.Whales are wonderful singers and have even recorded CD's!They are incredible creatures and virtually have no predators other than humans.They are loved,protected,and admired by almost everyone in the world. Mermaids don't exist.If they did exist,they would be lining up outside the offices of Argentinian psychoanalysts due to identity crisis.Fish or Human?They don't have a sex life because they kill men who get close to them,not to mention,how could they have sex?Just look at them,where is IT?Therefore,they don't have kids either.Not to mention who wants to get close to a girl who smells like a fish store?The choice is pretty clear to me I want to be a whale. P.S. We are in an age when media puts into our heads that only skinny people are beautiful,but I prefer to enjoy an ice cream with my kids,a good dinner with a man who makes me shiver,and a piece of chocolate with my friends.With time we gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room,it distributes out to the rest of our bodies.So,we aren't heavy,we are enormously cultured,educated and happy.Beginning today,when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think,"Good grief,look how smart I am!.Now,lets enjoy ourselves,while we get this weight off,living each day to the fullest.
    Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 AM

oh, xylie-- that made me laugh! i'll lose this weight and still have the heart of a whale! you made me laugh so hard i cried, and when i cry, i blubber! (oh, yes, i did!)
    Old 07-26-2011, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    oh, xylie-- that made me laugh! i'll lose this weight and still have the heart of a whale! you made me laugh so hard i cried, and when i cry, i blubber! (oh, yes, i did!)
    That was so good,I had to pass it on.And I agree,I got the heart of a whale too.At least we're happy losers.LOL!