Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM

Hi all,
    Haven't done well this month. I started out ok but then lost steam. Been out with a sprained ankle for the last week so no walking or much of anything else. Felling better now so will be back at it soon. I have gained most of the 5# I lost early this month so back to square one.
    Just been able to catch up on some posts today for the first time in many days. Congrats to all who have done well and hugs to others like myself who need to restart.
    Gail
    Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 PM

gail--i'll take that hug and raise you 1. my weight is up and down like a roller coaster! i hope your ankle is mending well and quickly! my dr gave me a brace for mine and told me to wear it to all athletic games. so i did. i wore it to my son's soccer game, and my daughter's t-ball game, and even to my other son's polo game. didn't see why--did he imagine that a 'portly' woman like me was going to be out there playing? what a goof ball! anyway, i'm pretty used to it happening now. but the pain is no fun and i'm sorry you're going thru it. no-calorie chocolate hugs!!
    Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    xylie,
    that was a wonderful analogy. I am a whale and proud of it!

I AM LOSING

Journal-What do I like about me?
    Motivation-How can I be the me I like and dump the negative thread that runs through my head. Surround myself with positive energy and I CAN and WILL reach my goals.

I am working on all this writing...tremendous amount and also still making baby layettes for giveaways.
    Well,I think the moral of the story for me was,it is important to lose the weight,but we have to stop and smell the roses along the way,or like she said,have a ice cream cone with the kids,take time out to LIVE and enjoy life too.And not beat ourselves up over it.Both can co-exist.We just keep going,that's all.If it takes 4 yrs.so be it.I don't want to stay on it to the point if my sister comes down and say's let's go have some pizza or what-ever,I say no I can't.No,I am going to have pizza or what ever and enjoy it with them.When she goes home,then I can get back on track and work hard and lose another few pounds.I been doing that,and it works for me.I don't mean go crazy and eat everything in sight while,we do have to use some common since.Anyway,I saw this and thought,like the gal that posted it said,it was just too good not to pass on.And it should encourage us to be happy with our selves,no matter what our weight is.I'm happy with what I have accomplished.But was happy at 250 too,just didn't like being that weight and it was very taxing on my joints,heart,and stamina.And just wasn't healthy.I admire missy for doing something.Cause she is right,she would of died with out it.She has what it takes to get it done and see it to the end.I'm sure and know she struggles too,and has slips like I do.But she will keep going and get it off.I couldn't even tie my shoes,bend over,and barely fit under the steering wheel,and didn't fit under hubby's jeep steering wheel,no way.Embarasing as all get out.Anyway,stop and smell the roses along the way,life is too short as it is.Hubby.or me could keel over at any time.I don't want any regrets.
    Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM

I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I have done well this month until this weekend. I had lost 10 lbs so far then had a slip Saturday, tried to shake it off and start fresh Sunday. NO - It was like I had to eat everything in sight. I knew as I was doing it that I shouldn't but could not stop. Monday wasn't much better. I stepped on the scale this morning and I gained 6 lbs. I feel so crappy I just want to say to heck with it all and stay fat forever. Today has been better but can't get my head back in the program. I felt like a drug addict getting a fix. Just no control. I don't understand why this happened.
    Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    Hi All, I haven't been on for a while because last week was my time to be Grammie. I had two of my grands with me and we did well on the eating but I really lost steps. Today I am back to work and I have already hit.... nearly 5,000 steps. Should get to 7,000 by bed time. I am doing house cleaning and the wash when I get home then will settle down to quilting. those trips up and down the stairs sure do add up.

One thing I learned last week is that my average number of steps is very low, about 3,000. So in order to lose, I need to double that. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake or in our cases, pretend icing on the cake. Tee-Hee!! So far I am losing in little bits. I want to stay in keep it off mode for the rest of the week and then.....Move back down the scale a little more next month.

It is hard to believe that we are, OK I am, already looking at next month.

Looking forward to more chatter in the next few days. Keep up your good work, eating good rather than more and don't forget to plan that quilt to use all of those "fat quarters" you are going to get in the next few weeks! Blessings to you all.
    Well I'm sure being grammie for a week or so burns lots of calories.I use to go stay with mine too.She would take me swimming at the John Day River,and fishing all over the place,and blueberry picking at Mt.Adams.Besides the gardening and running around.I think she wore me out more.Anyway,I'll always remember and treasure those memories.So,good for you.
    Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Jeri, unfortunately I am right there with you. I was down 5 and now I have gained it all back. Why is this so hard?
    Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi all,
    Haven't done well this month. I started out ok but then lost steam. Been out with a sprained ankle for the last week so no walking or much of anything else. Felling better now so will be back at it soon. I have gained most of the 5# I lost early this month so back to square one.
    Just been able to catch up on some posts today for the first time in many days. Congrats to all who have done well and hugs to others like myself who need to restart.
    Gail
    Oh,my gosh,that's worse than a break I think.OUCH!I've had those and the do smart,no doubt.I don't know except for icing it 20 min. on and 40 min off,what can be done.Unless you go to a choiropractor and have them do that ultrasound thingy where they shoot electons or what ever that is, into it.,They did that to my back and it really did help.I do wish you a speedy recovery gail.Keep it raised and rested.I'd be taking asprins too.I'll be praying for you to be healed fast.
    Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Ladies

I have finally made it back from my vacation in FLorida. I was not as good as I needed to be but when you dont have a choice you do the best you can. I was staying with my brother and his now wife. not the best selection. I did what I could but the food I bought for me got eaten by her boys.

I will weigh in in the morning to see how bad I was, being gone 2 1/2 weeks. Also have a challenge of no fridge, it went out before I left. I have a new one coming on THursday.

I am losing and I am in control.

Stay cool and hydrated.

Cindy
    Well,buy the dinners in the soup isle at walmart.You can use a cooler with dry or block ice to get by till then for cold stuff.But no freezer items.So will have to get puddings instead of ice cream,etc.Yrs ago the campers that came out only had ice boxes in them.They's last 3 days easy on a block.So,you can get by pretty easy now days.Especially for 2 days.Of course,you could also eat out and get snacks of some kind for inbetween.Me,I'd get a ice box.I don't like eating out.Anyway,good luck.And glad your getting a new refridg.We can't be w/o those at all esp down here.We need the ice bad.Good luck cindy.
    Old 07-26-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Howdy ya all. I have been "lurking" for a few days and not posting. Life has been sort of sucky lately and I have withdrawn. Not to worry. Anyway, just wanted to post that I finally am mailing Charity-Crafter's fat quarter due for the June weight loss challenge. I didn't sign up for the fat quarter this month but I have still hung out on the thread as I need all of you guys to help stablize my life right now.

Karen
    Well,we are all here for you no matter you sign up or not.I too got to get mine out.I think I'll just get a bunch,then I can just pop them in the mail and not keep procrastinating.I don't have any new ones,so will just have to get some,then I'll have them.I got tons of fabrics,but they have been washed,so not new really.Anyway,we are here for you.I think if you'd let us in a bit and tell us some of what is bothering you,we can help fix it, between all of us.You know we are a wealth of knowledge here.I been through more than 9 lives,and have been there done that on almost everything.I take risks,do things I never done before,and it always turns out ok.I figure the worst that can happen is it won't work.But if we don't "TRY" we will never know will we?So,hang in there,look at your troubles as a speed bump,and cross each one learning something from the journey.Then it won't crop up again.Life is too short to go around 'sucky'!Say I am in control and I will not live like this any more.And make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did you read "ARE YOU A MERMAID OR A WHALE" ? It will cheer you up.......I am losing weight,I am smart,I am beautiful,I am ever changing,I am not stuck in a rut,I am a mover and a shaker,I am on my way to a new me,and the old is no more than a person I once encountered for a while!I am losing weight,I am losing weight,you are losing weight,you are losing weight,You are!!Yes!
    Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Jeri, unfortunately I am right there with you. I was down 5 and now I have gained it all back. Why is this so hard?
    Hang in there,it will get better.I know that don't mean anything to anybody unless they see changes.But I was 250 pounds 4 yrs ago,now I am 156.I did it 5 pounds at a time.As I couldn't look at the end game and not get discouraged.So said if I could get 5 pounds off and keep it off,I'd be happy.I saw that add for the diet dinners that were way to expensive and bought TV dinners and green salad.I split it with my hubby now,but ate 1 a piece at 1st.So lost it all on both portion control,and cutting out the junk food.It is a life style change for me,as diets only made me gain more weight,so they don't work for me.This did.Lynn is on the 17day diet and is losing.You just have to see what works and stay with it no matter what.If you fall off,I have a lot,get back on and keep going.Another 7 pounds and i will be at 100 pounds off.Also read missy's posts.She has a lot of good dr advise on how to lose weight.I just find it easier if I do the dinners and salad,and drink 1 gal of water a day for me,but you probably would be ok with 64 oz a day to start.I live in a hot desert so need the water.Good luck and stay with it.You'll get that 5 pounds off and 5 more besides.Hang with us,we'll get it off together.It does and will work,I promise!If it don't,we may have to kick start your losing.Good luck..