Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Thanks Xylie, I do feel better now. It's been a few days so it is healing but still have to rest a lot. Did a small walk today and really felt it. Not getting out to walk has really been hard on the weight loss so I really need to get myself back on track. I had almost gotten to the 8# loss for the month and now I won't even make the 5#, may not even make 2#, but I'm determined to get below 150 real soon. Thanks again for your concern it means a lot.
    Gail
    Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Don't beat yourself up sometimes we just have to let go and start over. I have so many times I can't count them. Each day is a challenge and most days we do very well. Try and think of what triggered it that may help you avoid the same reaction next time. I also have days were everything I see I think I "need" it and I know at the time I should walk away from it. It's hard and a learning process. Just keep trying because this is very important to you or you would not have joined all of us. We are here for you and I wish I could be there to give you a hug in person but take the one I am sending and wrap it all around you and know you are not alone
    Hugs and prayers to you
    Gail
    Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM

Whatever is going to help you do this is what you need to do and more power to you. I will be there to cheer you on and any tips will be welcome. We all need to find what ever works for us. Each of us are different and need to find the path to get us to our goal.
    Hugs, Gail
    Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM

My water bill just arrived. On the back it says, 'Use the water you need and need the water you use.' For us, it'd be, "Use the food you need and need the food you use." In other words, eat enough, but not too much.
    Old 07-27-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm trying to get an avatar on this board so this is a test. I'm also trying to stay away from the kitchen. I've drank four bottles of water have two to go. I'm tempted to move the commode into the family room but I think that would freak my DGS out!
    Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM

I was looking into QA, even attended a meeting. But for me, I just couldn't embrace the "it's a disease" concept.

In my opinion, it's like when people say ADHD is a disease. It's not a disease, it's a condition that we have to learn coping mechanisms to live with.
    Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM

the definition of disease is:
    A disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism. It is often construed to be a medical condition associated with specific symptoms and signs.[1][2] It may be caused by external factors, such as infectious disease, or it may be caused by internal dysfunctions, such as autoimmune diseases. In humans, "disease" is often used more broadly to refer to any condition that causes pain, dysfunction, distress, social problems, and/or death to the person afflicted, or similar problems for those in contact with the person. In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories. Diseases usually affect people not only physically, but also emotionally, as contracting and living with many diseases can alter one's perspective on life, and their personality.

Overeating qualifies as it contributes to death, emotional problems, alter's life and can be atypical variations.
    Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM

Well I'm hoping the family visits are going to come to a head so I can get back on track with the weight loss thing. I consider it a victory that school starts back up next month and I've basically maintained where I left off! I do SOOOO much better during the school year!

Hoping my hubby will workout with me later tonight after my sons baseball game. Last game of the season, so it's a bitter sweet event!
    Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Yay! for maintaining. It's so hard when you are busy with kids and family visits. You did good!
    Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanks Charity~

I did a lifting workout and weighed in just to be braced for tomorrow's official weigh and I'm back down below my platue! I'm so excited!

that makes for a 3pound loss so far this month!