Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >
  • July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

• July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 AM

Did I miss the sign up for August? I have not been on much since going on vacation.

I gained 3 lbs while on vacation, not too bad considering I was gone for 17 days.

I am back on track, drinking my water, eating better, and best of all I have a refridgerator again.

I am in control and I am losing.

Have a blessed day
    Old 07-30-2011, 06:26 AM

Oh guys! I am so sad. My children's grandmother passed away yesterday. I just cannot seem to stop tearing up and crying. I know I have not spoken to her for years but it doesn't seem to take away from my sadness. My oldest daughter is beside herself. I do not know who or how my youngest that is in Afghanistan is going to be notified. *sigh*

I am about to head out for the day but wanted to share what is going on with me with you guys (who have become a surrogate family).

I miss my constant chatter with you. If any of you are the praying type please remember me and my daughters, Kimberly and Kelsey. We sure need it.

Missy
    Old 07-30-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Oh guys! I am so sad. My children's grandmother passed away yesterday. I just cannot seem to stop tearing up and crying. I know I have not spoken to her for years but it doesn't seem to take away from my sadness. My oldest daughter is beside herself. I do not know who or how my youngest that is in Afghanistan is going to be notified. *sigh*

I am about to head out for the day but wanted to share what is going on with me with you guys (who have become a surrogate family).

Missy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Contact the American Red Cross to notify military members of family deaths.

I miss my constant chatter with you. If any of you are the praying type please remember me and my daughters, Kimberly and Kelsey. We sure need it.

Missy
    Old 07-30-2011, 08:57 AM

missy-- you are always surrounded by love and prayer. peace to you and your daughters and all who have suffered this loss.
    Old 07-30-2011, 09:05 AM

Missy,
    I don't know what happened in my reply.
    If you contact the American Red Cross they will contact active service members regarding family deaths.

I am doing some better today. I am breathing better, but still throwing up. I have eaten a banana and a bowl of applesauce.

I miss you all when I don't log in everyday.

I really appreciate your responses to my long post. I don't like to unload so much but I was at my emotional limit.

Here is the new thread for August.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-141356-1.htm#3821130

I will announce the July winner next week by posting here and by posting on the August thread.
    Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Missy so sorry about your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and your daughters. It's hard to lose someone even if you haven't seen them in a very long time.
    Gail
    Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Missy,
    another cheap and easy craft show project:

http://sew4home.com/projects/bath-li...ie-bath-towels
    Old 07-30-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    xylie-- i'm so sorry about your kitty. i have 2 that mean the world to me, as i'm sure yours do to you. they are so wonderful! they just love us no matter what! true unconditional love! i hope you will remember the good times and the fun stories your cat inspired. peace, honey. n
    Thanks,I am looking forward to next month.We need a fresh start and a clean slate.I found some video's on utube.On losing weight.Some said vitamin B 12 shots make you lose weight.Some say it works.One other gal lost 100 pounds in a yr or so.On Jenny Craig and "THE CLEANING DIET" A 3 week clean out.So,is interesting and just started last night reading about them.So,maybe we'll learn something new.Can't hurt as long as we check it out really good and use comman sence.
    Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by nancia
    xylie-- i'm so sorry about your kitty. i have 2 that mean the world to me, as i'm sure yours do to you. they are so wonderful! they just love us no matter what! true unconditional love! i hope you will remember the good times and the fun stories your cat inspired. peace, honey. n
    Thanks,I am looking forward to next month.We need a fresh start and a clean slate.I found some video's on utube.On losing weight.Some said vitamin B 12 shots make you lose weight.Some say it works.One other gal lost 100 pounds in a yr or so.On Jenny Craig and "THE CLEANING DIET" A 3 week clean out.So,is interesting and just started last night reading about them.So,maybe we'll learn something new.Can't hurt as long as we check it out really good and use comman sence.
    Well,forget the cleansing diet.It's like $250.00 just for 2 shakes a day and some pills.Mineral oil is only $1.50 at walmart and will clean anything out.And we are already doing tv dinners,like jenny craig.
    Old 07-30-2011, 08:06 PM

Liquid B12 hasn't caused any weight loss. The doctor offered injections, but I declined. The ones I had in the early 1960s were so painful that I didn't want a repeat, but if I had known about weight loss I might have tried them.

Missy, my condolences on your loss. It may be harder for you in this situation because you haven't had the recent contact. I hope the shared sadness is a bridge to a better relationship with your daughter.

I am in misery. Over ago 24 hours I was bitten by something at the lakeshore. Maybe ants. My legs are on fire and still swelling and now are starting to break out in fluid filled blisters. My concern is that it is getting worse after this much time. I have had chlorotrimton every four hours. I am switching now to Benedryl. I have two cakes to do for a birthday party by 1:30 tomorrow, but I can't concentrate, so I will take the Benedryl and go to bed and get up early to do the cakes.