Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

• June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:06 PM

WOW Cindy that is an awesome quilt. Is it for you or someone else? So many people loosing their jobs now. My heart goes out to you.

Teach, welcome from capital city. This is a great place for motivation. We seem to work together great.

meanmom - you are right! We are the only ones that can feel the pride in ourselves. Was fun to try on a new blouse and see a shape underneath. Did I buy it - NO. But I will go to try on more things now.

Went out to supper with DD and family. It was so good to make heathier choices and then share in a few forks of a piece of pie. So tomorrow I get to get out and walk with a friend and enjoy our sunshine.

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!
    Old 06-02-2012, 06:14 PM

The quilt is gorgeous, Cindy. Are you going to quilt it yourself or do you have a longarmer?
    Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 AM

Cindy I love your purple quilt. I have been wanting to do a purple quilt just for me. I have never made a quilt for me. We have several for our bed but not for me personally. One reason I havent made me one is I haven't decided yet what pattern I want. How did you ever find so many matching purples? It must have taken you forever to find them and you must have some awesome batik shops near you.
    I went to some yard sales last week and really scored big. I picked out a bunch of fabric and was going to decide what to take based on the price. He said $10 for all of it so I took it all. I estimate there are about 200 yards. Some of it is really pretty some of it just isn't me so I will use it for donation quilts. I also bought a Weber gas grill. I didn't need it but it was a $600 Weber grill hardly used for $25. I cleaned it up a little and just sold it last night on Craigslist for $250. Now I will have money to spend at the 2 upcoming quilt shows.
    Good eating to everyone.
    Pat
    Old 06-03-2012, 12:00 PM

Hi everyone, I posted yesterday in the May thread but was too wiped out to post here so I am copying over what I wrote. I am pretty sore and drained today. Went to church without the wheel chair today. Lots of walking around, it's a big building! I am going to spend the rest of my day doing pretty much nothing. I have no energy left.

"Ok, congratulations Everose!!!!. I did not report my weight loss yes but I stayed even. No gain, no loss. I can't complain considering that I was in a wheel chair for the month.

The last two days I went on the Central Coast Quilt Run. We hit 14 shops in two days. There were 12 on the run and we threw in two more that we knew of and even hit one of them twice. I am exhausted. I used a cane most of the time. Needed my walker for the last couple yesterday. I am complete exhausted!! My foot hurts, my back hurts, my knee hurts and I am shaking. I don't think I could go into another shop. I am now home and I am not cooking dinner. I have nothing left to give.

Bought lots of pretty fabrics and stuff though. I surely helped the economy this weekend. In a few I will pull out my today's purchases and pet them and show them to my wonderful husband. He just brought me a glass of water and is asking what he can put together for dinner. I sure love that man!!!!
    Ok, I need to just veg.....
    I am in again for next month. You already have my Fat Quarter~"

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Last edited by Jim's Gem; 06-04-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Old 06-03-2012, 12:18 PM

gorgeous quilt Cindy!!
    Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 PM

cindy-- the quilt and you are both gorgeous! you have done such a good job, running this thread, recovering from your surgery, working at the hospital, finishing the quilt, all of it!! you have many reasons to be proud of yourself! i hope you can take a little vacation before you get back to the grindstone. good luck! don't forgrt to sign up for unemployment, it takes a while beofre the benefits kick in so the sooner you can file, the sooner you can collect, and get job prospects and possible job training. good luck!
    Old 06-03-2012, 03:39 PM

I would like to give it a try. I have been eating like a pig and really need to lose the weight.
    Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM

Count me in!!!!
    Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 AM

Welcome all of the new people. Good luck to everyone. Has anyone heard from Purplemem? She used to be on here all the time. I am worried about her.
    Pat
    Old 06-04-2012, 05:48 AM
    mim

I'm with you all -- not in the FQ group but trying to at leadt not gain. I love to read how well you are doing and the wonderful exercise.
    Mim