Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

• June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 PM

I don't think there is enough difference in a 9 and a 10 degree ruler to worry about. The runners made with the 10 are only a little larger than the 9. Mine is a 10 because Cheryl Phillips was out of the 9s when I ordered. Have you seen her monthly free patterns for small toppers made with a 12 degree ruler (which was also free at Christmas time)? Hm-m-m, June's hasn't shown up in my email yet.

Busy, busy day. Dogs are healthy, but I am broke. How much fabric would two exams, HW tests and Lepto shots, etc buy? A lot. Sewing on the bazaar quilt at church tonight and my precious 301 had an electrical blow out. How am I going to finish my daughter's quilt? People say the 15s are good FMQers. I guess I'll find out.

Eating was hit or miss around places I had to be, but I don't think I overate. I ate a lot of asparagus a few minutes ago. I have a feeling it's not high calorie and it's so yummy. Back to the fruit market tomorrow. Michigan strawberries are in and so is Michigan asparagus. I appreciate all southern states supplying us during cold weather, but nothing tastes as good as locally grown and picked at just the right ripeness.

I am gaining control of my weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 AM

Good morning everyone! Hope all is well in the new life changes we are making. I'm currently working on a Lone Star that I have been doing FOREVER......not sure it will ever be done, lol. Nancia and Everose, you'll have to keep me posted on the bargello...it's on my long list of quilts to do.......
    Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 AM

cindy-- i keep forgetting to send my fq! sorry!! will try to get it sent today!
    eating is ok, a little high on sugar, as usual. dh is out of town so enjoying the freedom 'to graze'. have done a couple or 3 bom quilt blocks. the quilt uses stonehenge fabrics and was planned in shades of green and blue. i know, as if i would stay within the lines! i am adding many other colors and expanding the quilt. it won't even come close to looking like the others! i've come to accept the squiggle in me that comes out-all the time.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT-- for those of you who are new to this thread, i've been working on a quilt for my dgd, who will be 1 in august. i started well before she was born and made the top before i knew anything about quilting. i have balked at the actual quilting of the piece. I AM NOW READY TO QUILT! all i have to do is decide--fleece or plain fabric for the backing. she lives in dallas. can't decide! fleece is so soft, but really warm. fabric isn't as cushiony, but it's lighter weight, in warmth and carrying around. help!! please. so while dh is away, i will pour a glass of wine spritzer, and attack this thing! as soon as i figure out the backing.
    Old 06-07-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Cindy how have you lost 58 pounds..anything specific?
    I've been reading quite a bit about clean eating the past few days....adding that to the routine

it all started when i had my lung removed after having lung cancer. i just stayed on a healthy diet, making wiser choices and exercising. I have done little more than making some wise choices. Staying away from fried foods.
    Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM

Nancia-live 25minutes north of Dallas-it gets cold here...we even get snow...my boys love the flannel and fleece backed quilts when it gets cold here.

Cindy-that is amazing and congrats!
    Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 PM

brenda--near denton and pilot point?? or closer to the colony? wait a minute-- i know where you live! lololol ! if it gets cold enough for you it will get cold enough for her! this past winter thet kept her in sleepers and kept the house moderately warm. no blankets for babies any more.

cdmm-- we'll keep you posted! meanmom and irish are the resident pros on the spicy spiral. i may start tonight and put olivia on hold. i'll ask he rmom which she would prefer. i'm sure at the moment fleece is a dirty word! lol
    Old 06-07-2012, 01:33 PM

SCHOOL IS OUT!!!! WOO HOO!!! I am loving it. Today I did nothing. It was so nice. I read a book all day. Tomorrow I will be more productive.
    A bargello is on my list too. I have the pattern and the fabric. The pattern I have picked out is pretty difficult. I hope it doesn't make me insane. (or any more than I already am) it is called bright nights bargello. I am hoping to start in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to get it mostly done this summer.
    I have a long list of projects to work on around the house. I have tried to clean up my eating the last few days. The last couple of weeks of school everyone brings in so many goodies. Luckily I have a late lunch so there is very little left by the time I get there. I rarely have time to sneak in there during the day. Chicken, broccoli and corn from the garden and zucchini for dinner tonight. It is 5:30 here I guess I had better get cooking.
    Old 06-07-2012, 06:57 PM

is/has anyone following the Eat to Live book for dieting? how is it working for you?
    Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 AM

Brenda, I just looked at the eat to live diet. It looks interesting. NOt sure I can do vegetarian though. I don't eat tons of meat but I do like some. There are some interesting recipes I might try. I tried the opposite extreme the Adkins diet. I lasted 1 1/2 days. Too much meat. I am just trying to eat a balanced diet. Some lean meats, lots of fruits and veggies. Good luck if you are following the eat to live diet. Let us know how it is going.
    Pat
    Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 AM

good morning ladies.........so what plans do you have for the weekend. I am gonna attempt to get a quilt finished, have 3 quilts that i need to finish. I just need to break down and work on them.

I also have several Eastern Star events to go to between now and Sunday.

Have a productive weekend and remember that you are in control of what you do and eat. Eat healthy, make wise choices.