Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

• June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    Radiana, i can certainly identify with your story. since we moved here 8 years ago i have made 1 friend. i am a naturally gregarious person, a little loud at times and sometimes the clown. evidently not traits they find interesting. my husband feels guilty because he engineered the move and that"made me unhappy". so he buys me cookies he thinks i would like and ice cream and pastries, i'm sure you get the picture. add to that i have developed some medical problems and most of my life is lived from bed. fortunately, the kitchen is walking distance away. until i found this board my only friends were the few i left in our previous town, all waiting patiently, and not so, for us to return. don't think that's going to happen. i've started to feel part of this online community and i really like it. we may not be face to face friends, but there is a bond here. real people talking to real people about real life. when mj suggested i join in here i felt it was an offer of friendship and i accepted. i'm tired of waddling into lane bryant and fashion bug. i want to go to the regular misses department and buy a dress, or better yet, pants. i want to lose my armor of fat now and start making friends again,if possible. and i'm tired of my husband's guilt trip, altho' it's well deserved, and i'm tired of being angry about his decision. and i'm tired of him feeding me goodies so i'll stop moping, or be a good puppy and be quiet, and go lie down. well, i may be tired of it, but i'm obviously not ready to let it go yet. sorry. but it's time i do something positive! quilting is good. making friends on board is good. and losing weight is very good! so thanks for letting me in and including me! i can't wait to win the fat quarters! let's see that's at least 56 of them! see, radiana, i do know what you're talking about. hang in there with me! we can encourage each other to keep up the good fight and win!!!
    I will be cheering for you to turn things around!! :) The first step is accepting the situation and your feelings. Talk to your husband (no guilt trips or arguing) and let him know how you feel. Take small steps and start getting out in your community. I just felt moved to reply to your comment and I hope to see you win those fat quarters!! :)
    Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM

thanks, mellie! i let a lot more out than i realised, but it had to go. my husband is now dealing with a serious illness so i'm not comfortable hitting him with this right now. but i will eventually.
    Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Just realizing it yourself can be huge. :-) all in good time. :-)
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Don't think of it as a diet - it's a lifestyle change. :) I'm at 54 pounds gone forever.

And you don't Lose weight. Things you lose come back. They're gone forever! :D
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Hi Missy haven't seen you on here. Are you doing ok now? Have your nerves settled down? I also would like to know how many signed up this month. Mary
    Everyone who has signed up has posted on the thread, remember this is just June 1. We usually have stragglers, especially since I have not closed the other thread yet.

Would anyone like to list or count the participants for us?
    Ok if i have gotten everyone we have 51 and they are as follows so if I left you out I am sorry.

1. Purplemem
    2. Thusnelda
    3. Little roO
    4. JHolm
    5. Nancia
    6. gothchacovered
    7. deedum
    8. deedee75
    9. Ljs317
    10. dash2000lbs
    11. Trkrsyf
    12. NannySandy
    13. Irish Rose
    14. Red Kimba
    15.Rita's mom
    16. Radiana
    17. Scrapngmom
    18.Lauriejo
    19.Skaduzy
    20.Leann
    21.Xilie55
    22.createfourpaws
    23. Dananva
    24. Missy
    25. sewNso
    26. pinebettquilter
    27. pinsninks
    28. quilt happy gail
    29.bprayeredup
    30.cheri62
    31. globug
    32. thomp116
    33. lawsonmugs
    34. PamH
    35. pnptrapp
    36. 76& counting
    37. Janice4
    38. prairier quilter
    39. cricut_farmer
    40. mean mom
    41. jgriinke
    42. physcomomquilter
    43. swcrazzy
    44. wmuteach
    45. LindaG
    46. gramabiese
    47. pamibear
    48. sophie2
    49. quiltin'gran
    50. buttermilkmama
    51. Crafty Chick

Again if I left you I am sorry.

Good Luck Ladies.
    Cindy
    52. Linz83
    53. Kieta
    54. Jennifer22206
    55. JackieSue
    56. Fabricnut
    57. patcnunt

Good luck
    58. fernheimer
    59. sapdoggie
    60. linmid
    61. mama4dylan

welcome ladies.

Someone is getting lots of fq's sometime in july.

Cindy
    number 19 should be skaduzy. Please correct :-)
    62. carreen
    63. mellieKquilter
    64.patc328
    65. charity-crafter
    66. mimi0f3

I believe I have gotten everyone as of 7 pm centeral time.
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by carreen
    I didn't see me on the list. I'm giving it my all! Carreen
    Sorry Carreen I missed you. You are on the list now.
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Don't think of it as a diet - it's a lifestyle change. :) I'm at 54 pounds gone forever.

And you don't Lose weight. Things you lose come back. They're gone forever! :D
    that is so true, it is about changing your lifestyle and the way we think about losing the weight.

For me it has to be a lifestyle change, coz once the weight is off I cannot go back to the old eating habits.
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
    Power Poster

createfourpaws thanks for keeping score. It's just kinda neat to know how many are in. 66 so far. that means 65 fat quarters.wow that's alot of fabric. even if some don't follow through. Hope everyone can stay on board and keep up the good work.Mary
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    createfourpaws thanks for keeping score. It's just kinda neat to know how many are in. 66 so far. that means 65 fat quarters.wow that's alot of fabric. even if some don't follow through. Hope everyone can stay on board and keep up the good work.Mary
    Your welcome, it is nice to see how many have signed up.

Cindy
    Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Hey guys! Just a little update to let you know how I am doing.

I felt hunger for the first time since my surgery today. I am still eating what the doctor calls mushy foods. I had spaghetti that was pureed for dinner and a small spoonful of roasted potatoes for dinner. I know it is a strange combo but my family was eating roast beef with potatoes and carrots and I was having the leftover spaghetti. I was able to eat about 3/4 cup of the spaghetti and the potatoes. I was stuffed after eating. Not is a bad way but in a satisfied way. I do not know if I have ever had that feeling after eating.

It is now about 3 1/2 hours since dinner and I am not hungry at all. I have not had any carbonated drinks since before my surgery and that feels great. I am drinking water and lemonade instead.

Last night I had my first experience with food getting stuck. It was because I did not puree the spaghetti before trying to eat that and not chewing it enough. So, out it came. After that i felt great. I know when something is stuck because it causes a ton of pain. In the past, before the lap band, I could take a drink and it would push the food into the stomach but that is not how it works with the band. The fluid gets stuck too and then you really are in pain. So, my motto is forever going to be chew chew chew and chew some more. :)

I think I have lost more weight because my clothes are even looser and that feels awesome!

I am still needing to take the pain meds because I am having pain in my incisions and the port that is sewn into the upper abdominal muscle is really sore. I go back to see the surgeon here next week. I really really want to drop into the hospital and get weighed. Waiting is so hard. I will be so happy if I have lost even one pound. *crossing my fingers*

I hope everyone is doing well and I am so thankful to all of those that have PM'd me for my address. You guys are just awesome!

Missy