Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

• June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Missy - you'll be fine! :)

Another trick to make portions in restaurants smaller is to ask immediately for a take home box. When I get a plate, I cut everything in half. I immediately put half in the take home box, and eat all or some of what's on my plate.
    Jennifer, I eat from a salad plate at home. My stomach has shrunk so much I can't clean my plate.
    I do too.11 inch plates are for loggers.
    Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Missy - you'll be fine! :)

Another trick to make portions in restaurants smaller is to ask immediately for a take home box. When I get a plate, I cut everything in half. I immediately put half in the take home box, and eat all or some of what's on my plate.
    Jennifer, I eat from a salad plate at home. My stomach has shrunk so much I can't clean my plate.
    Sorry,double post
    Old 06-06-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Has anyone tried the "Shrink Yourself" program?

I read the book and found it very good and I was considering signing up but I really want to get an honest review of it first.

It cost ~$129 for I think it's a 12 week program. It's supposed to help with the "why we eat when we are not hungry" more then what to eat.

My dh is almost under weight even though he eats what ever he wants. When I went on my big diet and lost ~50 pounds, he lost 15 without even trying because I was cooking completely different meals for us. He just starting walking at lunch.

I think this time I want to lose the weight permanantly. I want this to be a lifestyle change instead of a diet.
    Never heard of it but will look.
    I have a book from the library "This is why You're Fat". I think I already know the answer to that.

Well! Storms rolling through again, without power for over an hour. Have a great evening. Think I'll say goodnight while I still can.
    Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by pinsninks
    Great pic of you, btw. Maybe sometime you can show us how you look AFTER a sweaty 5 mile run..:-) Charts are a great motivator (espec when you see the dots and lines going down, down, down. Not so much when they just go up and down straight across the paper. Not inspirational then, ask me know I know..!
    Pam, I don't run, I walk. Running killed my knees and I am trying to heal up and drop the extra weight before trying again.

We have been setting record highs for the past 2 weeks. It is just about unbearable to walk in 110 degree heat factor.

Thank you for your sweet words.
    Ya,we're about the same size.I know what you mean about the HOT weather.I know we tell everybody to get out in it,but we also need to watch it some.Especially those of us that are on meds.I can take it pretty good but I don't over do it,and get the hose out and wet myself down if I have to be out in it much.Of course O dry fast,but it does help.Especially if I wet my head,arms etc.
    Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Missy,
    Thank you for sharing your journey, you are an amazing woman. You are full of determination and will be successful. I am happy you have found your soul mate.

I weight in this morning, am down once again. I have lost 6 lbs so far this month. I am excited. I will now have to pick up and increase the exercise in my daily routine.

Everyone keep sharing your stories, the struggles, challanges and victories helps all of us.

Have a blessed day.
    Cindy
    Good for you.That's great.I lost 4 as of yesterday.Of course outside I am sweating like a mad woman.
    Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM

HI all. You sound like a good start to a new week. Wind finally had a break in the wind so off the walk early this morning. Haven't weighed for a few days but will tomorrow. Hope I can show another pound. If not I'll just up the exercise. Went to Costco to pick up fruit and vit. and DH wanted to share pizza so I had one piece, but it was on the big side so a big salad only tonight.
    Hey Missy how are you doing? When you write about yourself you help so many others that don't feel like there is any help or hope for them.
    Leann good to hear from you. I don't think I have the will to stick with a program like the 17 day diet but it may be just what others need and since we all are different we need choices.
    Need to get off here and get supper for DH he does't like the way I need to eat so I try to fix him something he will enjoy every couple of days so he stays happy. He is losing and not even working at it. Just doesn't seem fair because I have to work so hard for every pound.
    Sorry didn't mean to whine.
    Gail
    Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
    Power Poster

Sounds like most are doing well. I didn't see a post today from Missy. I think she was suppose to have her weigh in with the doctor today.Maybe it's tuesday. Also purple mem didn't sign in with our words for the day. Where is Irishrose? What's goin on ladies?? It's so hot there It's kinda leaving me sick and weak. Hope everybody watches the heat out side while walking or whatever. Have a good evening. mary
    Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 PM

I'm here. Melting into a pile of jelly in the heat. In Michigan, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. How true! It's so humid you can see it in the air. I got over a mile from home with Cheech and Chong (Lily and Moira) and suddenly felt very tired. The shortest way home would have been through the woods, but the bugs would have been terrible, plus I worry about missing my trail when it's dusk, so we had to come home the long way. I have no desire to spend the night in the Manistee Nat'l Forest. Oh, well, L & M enjoyed the lake and I survived. It is refreshing to sit at the lakeshore for a while.

My scales must be broken. The needle never moves. I've been working outside and not overeating and usually that will drop a few pounds, but not this time. I know I don't drink enough when I'm outside this much. I'm not giving up.
    Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Irishrose Be carful out in the heat and humidity it can be dangerous. Here in the high desert we don't have much humidity but the heat can be very bad at times so I know what you mean by all of the sudden you feel very tired. Thats the first sign of heat stroke so be sure to take water with you and drink even if your not thirsty. I know you know all this just a reminder from someone who cares.
    The heat hasn't hit here yet still very nice but the wind just won't give up. Every day it blows all day or most of the day and I really don't like strong wind just the way you dislike the humidity.
    Its getting late so I'm off to bed so I can be fresh for another weight loss day
    Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 AM

Good morning ladies. My computer was complaining yesterday so I couldn't post. I went to my wateraerobics clas - it felt great given the heat outside. Then I went to church with a friend and we walked for 45 minutes then she had to quit because of health problems. It's so nice to have a church all on one level, air conditioned that we can walk in when the weather is miserable. After that I went to the store to pick up a few things, stopped at LQS and finally came home very overheated.

I to missed MJ and Missy. I think your right that Missy's first weigh in was yesterday. I hope everything is alright.

Well I am going to go - hope to get back to more later but I want to go swimming before the heat of the day and the pool opens at 5:30 a.m.

Everyone be careful in the heat. I'm in WI and it's supposed to be hotter today than yesterday.