Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

• June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Have you read any of the Eat This! Not That! books? They have a zillion ideas of making the great food we can't or shouldn't have perfect for us. Excellent source of ideas.

Missy
    I love that series - that way if you are going to have food at fill-in-blank here, you already know what choices you have. :)
    Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM

Whew!It's HOT! here.The sweat was 'running' off my nose today and dripping all over outside.I got some gatorade like stuff ro drink,so now am adding them in every 4th bottle of water.Haven't weighed,but probably down I'd suspect from the water leaking out everywhere.I had to change my clothes today about 7 pm.I was soaking wet down to my undies.Ewwww,can't stand that.So washed and powderead up good and changed clothes. before we went for our nightly scooter ride on the river.Did see a coiled up little rattler.It didn't even move.I rode with in 2 ft of it when I saw it coiled up sleeping,I guess.Most we see are stretched out in la la land.My dog and hubby went by and didn't even see it.Probably good thing.I don't miss nothing,my eyes are always scanning the area as I go.I don't mind snakes,unless their huge like the one in march,and he just woke up, that was bat sized around and rared up and rattled at me because I didn't think they were even out so wasn't looking.And almost ran over it till I heard the loud rattle and looked down at my front tire and we were eyeball to eyeball.Now that dude impressed me.He looked like a cobra raring back and side to side.I bet he was 6 ft and big around as a baseball bat.HUGE grand daddy.Biggest one I ever had buzz me.I backed off too,"slowly" and finely he quit rattling and took off slow swaying his head a watching me as he was leaving.Thank god my dog is snake trained.I trained her on the 1st one she ever saw.She knows to leave them alone.And I do too.My hubby said he'd like the rattlers off the big one,I said,Oh,no.We are going in the oposite direction and leave him be.And we did.They won't bite unless provoked,so an encounter like this is just his way of saying hey,your too close,back off.Rare to see the big ones.was neat I thought.Anyway,guess I'm not the only one having trials and tribulations.If it ain't one thing breaking down,it's something else needing fixed.Our water cooler sounds like it's about to give up.And we really need it now that it's 110,115 degrees.Anyway,all we can do is hang in there.I'll be glad when payday gets here.It's been a long month with too many bills popping up not expected.So,good luck ladies.I think most of us have met the 5 pound challenge,which is great.Next month one of you can make a challenge for us to meet.Keep it up and hang in there.Missy,have fun and congrats on your weight loss.
    Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Not doing the challenage this month but have been lurking. I want to congratulate all of you that are making the small loses. Everyone seems to forget those who lose5 or less lbs a month because there are some really big losers. Those of you who are going slow and steady will keep it off though it is frustrating not to win or get to change clothes sizes every couple of months. I'm averageing 4lbs a month and at this rate it will take me over 2 years to reach my goal but I will stay there once I reach it. I just wanted to encourage all those like me. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 AM

OH MY! No thanks to the snake, not EVEN interesting to me! did you hear me scream all the way from Mississippi?

Still trudging along here.

Journal thought: when I examine my character, what do I see as my biggest flaw? How does this affect my weight loss?

Motivation: Only 6 more days in the month! Time to kick into high gear, so that we show a downward tick on the scale. Even a 1/2 tick is progress!

Quilting: how does this biggest flaw affect my quilting? hmmmm
    Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 AM

How do people successfully lose weight? (This came this morning in an email from my surgeon who put in my lap band)

They do seven things primarily.

1. they eat a low-calorie diet,

2. they eat a consistent diet from day to day,

3. they eat breakfast,

4. they're very physically active,

5. they weigh themselves frequently,

6. they watch only a limited amount of television,

7. they don't let a small weight gain become any bigger.
    Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM

How do people successfully lose weight? (This came this morning in an email from my surgeon who put in my lap band)

3. they eat breakfast,

Missy,
    Those are fantastic hints. I think these should be the journal topic for tomorrow. How well do I rate myself in these categories?

How did your visit go? Was today the "fill?"

I haven't slept since yesterday morning when I got up at 3 and at this rate won't go to bed until tonight at 8. I'm a little goooooofy, but nice. :-)
    Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem

3. they eat breakfast,

Missy,
    Those are fantastic hints. I think these should be the journal topic for tomorrow. How well do I rate myself in these categories?

How did your visit go? Was today the "fill?"

I haven't slept since yesterday morning when I got up at 3 and at this rate won't go to bed until tonight at 8. I'm a little goooooofy, but nice. :-)
    That would be a good idea! My fill was scheduled for Monday but the doctor decided he wanted to wait until I am 6 weeks out from surgery to do it so I will be having it done on 7/6. It should be interesting since I haven't had that done before. I am excited though. :)

Oh....goofy can be good. :)

Missy
    Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM

3. they eat breakfast,

l
    I agree 100%,I do all those things except the exercise.But I stay busy,so guess that would count.Especially the weight check on the scales.Don't want to let it get too far out of hand,like I did at 15 pound gain,was time to reverse it,and took 4 months to get it back off,so did set me back.But that's ok,I'm on track now.
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Cindy that soup sounds Yummy! I think I will try that next week!

Pam I have seen those crackers but have never looked very close at them. I will look next time I am at the store.

Missy I will check those books out next time I go to town. I just got back from shopping, I guess I should have read this before I went. LOL

Xylie it sounds like you do get a LOT of exercise! Doing anything in the heat has to burn calories! I was hot and tired just reading what all you did!:)

I saw this recipe the other day and thought it looked good. Xylie you need to sit down in front of a fan and have one of these. LOL

Ginger Lime Mocktail

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
    1 tsp. zested ginger
    12 drops of stevia (I am not sure what the equivilant of powdered stevia would be)
    18 oz. sparkling water

Combine all ingredients in a jar and stir. Pour over ice into 2 cocktail glasses. Garnish with lime wedges.
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Just be prepared that you may need to go back to liquids and then soft food for a few days after the fill.