Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >
  • June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

• June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 PM

just so you won't feel too guilty, i have lost one more pound. don't know if i can possibly catch up, altho' I AM LOSING! LOL. didn't someone say they had lost 18? it's got to be that 17 day diet! anyone who is on it--does the weight stay off?
    Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 PM

I jumped on the bandwagon and the first of the month and sort of dropped out. I plan on sending my fat quarter to the winner though and hopefully I will get back into the "game" of losing for next month.

Karen/Scrapngmom
    Old 06-27-2011, 02:37 PM

Well it's Monday and I got through the weekend not to badly, Did fall of the program some so I hope I didn't go backwards. I'll weigh in tomorrow so will see. It's hot here
    and I have a possible trip to Bullhead Az where it's well over 100 and never cools off at night. But we need to go see DH brother.
    Karen glad to see you back, hope to see more of you.
    MJ how are you doing better I hope
    Missy great job on the pounds down Keep it up.
    Great Job nancia and to all the others that are working hard at living a more healthy lifestyle
    Gail
    Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    just so you won't feel too guilty, i have lost one more pound. don't know if i can possibly catch up, altho' I AM LOSING! LOL. didn't someone say they had lost 18? it's got to be that 17 day diet! anyone who is on it--does the weight stay off?
    I have lost more than 17 pounds but since I had my surgery I am only participating in the friendship/support part of this adventure. I just feel that since I have had weight loss surgery that it would not be fair.

You guys are the best and I cannot imagine my days without you guys! I love ya bunches and am thrilled for all of you that are working on this. To me, every one of you are winners regardless of the number on the scale!

Missy
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM

good luck, quilthappygail! one dr. p shouldn't give you too bad a fall. i have to say i miss my dp. when we moved to tx i discovered it and couldn't get it in ma. where my parents lived. finally it showed up on grocery shelves, but i swear it is addictive! i have a private stash, just in case! don't tell....ssshhhhhh.
    Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    good luck, quilthappygail! one dr. p shouldn't give you too bad a fall. i have to say i miss my dp. when we moved to tx i discovered it and couldn't get it in ma. where my parents lived. finally it showed up on grocery shelves, but i swear it is addictive! i have a private stash, just in case! don't tell....ssshhhhhh.
    Dr. Pepper is my weakness, and if I am going to have one I want the real thing not the diet. I went without one until yesterday for almost a month.

Keep going we are losing.

Cindy
    Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 PM

did you know they put prune juice in it? we should count it as a fruit!
    Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Cindy that soup sounds Yummy! I think I will try that next week!

Pam I have seen those crackers but have never looked very close at them. I will look next time I am at the store.

Missy I will check those books out next time I go to town. I just got back from shopping, I guess I should have read this before I went. LOL

Xylie it sounds like you do get a LOT of exercise! Doing anything in the heat has to burn calories! I was hot and tired just reading what all you did!:)

I saw this recipe the other day and thought it looked good. Xylie you need to sit down in front of a fan and have one of these. LOL

Ginger Lime Mocktail

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
    1 tsp. zested ginger
    12 drops of stevia (I am not sure what the equivilant of powdered stevia would be)
    18 oz. sparkling water

Combine all ingredients in a jar and stir. Pour over ice into 2 cocktail glasses. Garnish with lime wedges.
    Wow,this does sound good.It was 115 degrees today.Whew!Thank god it's only in the afternoon.Early am,and evening,it's 100.And 86 for a low so not bad,we do our stuff then.By August we will be cooling down to 105 for our low.Swimming pools get sooo hot,we can't even get in them.One guy put 200 pounds of block ice in his pool,and cooled it 1 degree.LOL!It's not bad if like us,we live here yr around and get climated to it.{but when it gets past 110,it's hot no matter what the degrees}I seen it 124 in the shade one time.But death valley gets 135,so that would be worse.It's when you come from a cool place down here,then it's like going into an oven.Ya,this sounds good.I am definatly going to make it too.I'm still hanging at 158,so maintaining pretty good.I lost 10 pounds,and said that was enough for the month.Been drinking lots of water and electrolights now.thanks to Irish Rose and you all telling me to.Which has helped a lot.People are dropping like flies in this heat they said on the news the hospitals are full.Hope next month I keep going,as now I'm into territory I haven't seen in yrs.But if I just maintain here for awhile,that would be fine with me too.We didn't even go anywhere tonight for the 1st time ever,as it was just toooo hot still outside.So we stayed in the cool and rested.Which was nice,I was tired anyway.I got a nice tan tho,and have had no sunburn at all.We need to make a cover for our mobility scooters.I tried umbrella's,big ones that shaded us good,but the wind caught hubby's and blew it out off the scooter across the fields.Felt like Mary Poppins.I think the yard swing tops would fit good,as they are the right size. and could mount them to the scooter,and they have a hang down to shade also,and their only $29.99 on ebay.I could make them too I guess,but would be easier if they come with the poles.Once I got one,I can then make the replacment canopy's.But their supose to last 5 yrs.So,won't need one for quite a while.Anyway,hanging in there.My baby kittens are growing like weeds.I got them litter trained,and voice trained.I call them,they come running.I am taking them out to the pen outside and getting bugs and spiders for them to learn to hunt and catch.Their small still,but getting the idea.Got to be independent you know.Even tho they'll never be in the real world outside free.They still need to learn to climb trees and be a cat.{Their really spoilt}they get hungry,or an owee,they run to me mewing.And follow me everywhere.Of course they were only maybe 2 weeks old when mama was taken by a coyote,so had to bring them inside.Now I'm mama.Thank god she had only 3.I do everything missy's doctor said to do to lose weight.Especially on the weight check.That 15 pounds snuck up on me because I hadn't did that in awhile.Now I weight every week,or if I feel puffy,more.I been getting bad cramps in my ankles and calves when I sleep.Never had that before.Thinking it's due to losing so much water,but drink tons.It started when I started drinking sports drinks.But that shouldn't have anything to do w/ it.Oh well,it's only once in a while,but hurts like heck,almost like a charlie horse pain.Have to get up and move around.That's why I'm tired today.Didn't sleep much the last few nights.Ok,hang in there,and I'm going to catch up on the posts.
    Old 06-27-2011, 10:55 PM

Well,I'm not going to win,but still need to mail missy's out.Shame on me.But did email her and told her why,so we are in contact.But will get it in the mail.And it's ok if I don't win.As I want to keep it off,I could of lost more,much much more if I'd a REALLY wanted to.If I'd go on spirutien,I would drop pounds lickidy split.But am losing on my own.When or if I quite losing,or start going back up a lot,then I would go on it in a heart-beat.Believe me,that stuff melts the pounds and inches off,I know.It works.But I do have to only drink that for 3 weeks straight,no food or drinks or pop.Just lots of water.Like 1 qt of water at 9am,1pm,and 5pm drank in a 30 minute period to flush the fat out.At least,and I drink more thru-out the day of course down here.I put 1 TBS of metamusle in mine too for both thickener,and to keep me regular.If I do get hungry,which is seldom on it,I put in 1 to 2 cups of regular oatmeal in it also.As it will fill you up,and keep you full.And take multivitamins every day.I haven't needed it tho in yrs as I am losing on my own.Karen,I'm glad your back and getting back in the game.It's just easier to lose if your doing it with us as a team.Good luck ladies,and don't forget,we need a weight challenge for next month.Mine was 5 pounds for this month,and most have done well.Now keep it off,and we'll do one for July.And keep it going so we can see results.In a yr,think how much we can lose,and or maintain it.As It is a life style,life long change.We 1st have to lose it,then we have to keep it off.That is where the rub is.For me,I plan on eating what ever calories I need to eat and burn,to keep it off.Then move on to the next 5 pounds or what ever you are doing for the month.Anyway,good luck to all.Many of us are doing great and losing.Even 1 pound is a victory.It's 1 less pound than you were.And will add time to your life.I'm shooting for 150 for July.That will put me at the 100 pounds lost,as I started at 250 3 3/4 yrs ago.Will be 4 yrs come September.So,yes,slow and steady does win a race.Of course I bounced up and down along the way,but always got back on track and kept going.Never gave up.So,you all can do it too.If I can do it,you can too.
    Old 06-28-2011, 04:56 AM

I'm happy for all you gals that have lost this month. I only lost 1 lb. but I know I don't drink enough water. Have to up my water intake for July.

Been struggling with migrains for about five days. I finally went to ER yesterday morning because I couldn't take it anymore. They put me on an IV and gave me three different medicines through the IV. Had a really weird reaction to one of the, really wild dreams and uncontrolable impulse to eat. So yesterday wasn't one of my better days. Going to follow up with my regular doctor because while I don't have a migrain now I have just a dull headache and that's after taking ibuprofen.

Well hope everyone has a good day. Will try to check in later. God Bless everyone.