Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Just Needed a Few  Things from Lowes >
  • Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

• Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by SuziC
    I will remember that every time we go to lowes.
    so will I LOL
    Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
    Power Poster

Ninnie, you did not TELL anyone - you just SHARED with us. BIG difference. OMG - you are lucky though that nothing was taken (purse or truck). This story truly is a head-shaker.

Does the truck run so smoothly that nobody noticed or is it a rattletrap that nobody wanted?
    Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Holy carp, you crack me up. I hate Lowe's! I own stock, but I consider it punishment if I'm made to go. I'm so happy you survived that trip! I will use your trip as an example next time I'm asked to go. I really think the guys have more fun there if we don't tag along. I know I'd rather be sewing!
    Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Ninnie, you did not TELL anyone - you just SHARED with us. BIG difference. OMG - you are lucky though that nothing was taken (purse or truck). This story truly is a head-shaker.

Does the truck run so smoothly that nobody noticed or is it a rattletrap that nobody wanted?
    no, we were in my car, LOL if it had been DH's truck, no one would have wanted it for sure :lol: :lol: :lol: what really makes this funny is the fact that DH remembered his glasses, which he never does, but forgot to turn the car off and take keys. My purse was burried under Mortimer's blanket in the back seat, so it couldn't be seen. ON the other hand, it is a fairly new car. LOL it would have been so bad to have lost it, and then explained to the Insurance Co, not only were the keys left in it, but it was running. :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chele
    Holy carp, you crack me up. I hate Lowe's! I own stock, but I consider it punishment if I'm made to go. I'm so happy you survived that trip! I will use your trip as an example next time I'm asked to go. I really think the guys have more fun there if we don't tag along. I know I'd rather be sewing!
    :lol: :lol: I usually walk around, sighing real loud for DH's benefit, until he finally says, ok, let's just go :lol: :lol: but, since I was the one who wanted the hammock, I agreed to tag along, and even was nice about going. LOL If I hadn't been with him, you can bet that I would have never known this had happened. LOL. He is so good about getting out, and locking the car, even though most of the time Mortimer is with us. We didn't take him because we knew we were picking up the hammock, and there wouldn't have been room. :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-10-2010, 04:58 PM

15 years ago when we only had 8 kids, Randy took a summer job at a church camp on Grand Mesa, just outside Cedaredge, Colorado. He had to be there in June and I followed in July. Here I was driving along in our new Dodge Caravan with all the children and the dog in the car and suddenely there was a sign that said Grand Mesa with an arrow pointing to a turn. So I turned and I followed the signs. Pretty soon I was driving through these really steep switch-backs. Sometimes there was only room for 3 tires on the road at a time. It was scary. My kids are all talking at once about how mad Dad was going to be and how high up in the air we were and the dog was starting tobark, making the nursing baby cry! Finally I got everyone quiet and I said they had to be quiet and to never tell Dad. Finally I reached the top. There was a park ranger waiting for me. I was still laughing. I had just driven up the face of grand Mesa. "This is called Lands End Road. We only use it once a year for 4-wheelers in a race. I can't believe you drove on that road," said the park ranger. "Don't ever drive up it again...pROMISE!"

Well, we found the camp and my husband. Ikept telling the kids not to tell, but they did anyway. Later that weekend, Randy and I drove out to the ranger station so he could see the road. Very slowly Randy turned to me and through tears said, "You drove my car, with my kids and all I hold dear in the world, up that hill? I'm just glad I didn't know." This is still a joke around here.
    Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    15 years ago when we only had 8 kids, Randy took a summer job at a church camp on Grand Mesa, just outside Cedaredge, Colorado. He had to be there in June and I followed in July. Here I was driving along in our new Dodge Caravan with all the children and the dog in the car and suddenely there was a sign that said Grand Mesa with an arrow pointing to a turn. So I turned and I followed the signs. Pretty soon I was driving through these really steep switch-backs. Sometimes there was only room for 3 tires on the road at a time. It was scary. My kids are all talking at once about how mad Dad was going to be and how high up in the air we were and the dog was starting tobark, making the nursing baby cry! Finally I got everyone quiet and I said they had to be quiet and to never tell Dad. Finally I reached the top. There was a park ranger waiting for me. I was still laughing. I had just driven up the face of grand Mesa. "This is called Lands End Road. We only use it once a year for 4-wheelers in a race. I can't believe you drove on that road," said the park ranger. "Don't ever drive up it again...pROMISE!"

Well, we found the camp and my husband. Ikept telling the kids not to tell, but they did anyway. Later that weekend, Randy and I drove out to the ranger station so he could see the road. Very slowly Randy turned to me and through tears said, "You drove my car, with my kids and all I hold dear in the world, up that hill? I'm just glad I didn't know." This is still a joke around here.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's funny! What a wonderful memory you will always have.
    Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM
    Power Poster

That is hilarious. So funny. I'll never tell. Your secret is safe with me. I don't think I can stop laughing long enough to tell anyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 PM

You can't, of course, tell him this, since it would spill the beans that you talked, but I did the same thing at home depot the other day (what is it about those stores?). Thank god DH's truck was still there when I came out (he wasn't with me, and doesn't know, and won't 'cause he'd kill me). I was rather amazed it was there, after I realized what I had done, because this home depot is in a rather, um, urban area known for crime. I'm swearing off the home improvement store!
    Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 PM

Randy and I had a special way to get the kids to stay home while we went somewhere. If you ask my kids "Hey, do you want to go to Home Depot?" They run the other way. They didn't even care if we went out to eat as long as we had a Home Depot bag with us, they never said a word.

Another way we got the kids to leave us alone was to ask them to come and weed the garden. We had lots of long talks sitting on the grass by the garden and pulling a couple of weeds.

You know, there are just some times when having 10 kids just gets to you and you need a time out!