Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Just Needed a Few  Things from Lowes >
  • Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

• Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fiber Artist
    Thats an adventure in a minivan girl!!!God was with you.
    Yes it was, but it gets better. The very same day, our pastor's wife was taking a turn driving, not sure where. It was late and she had seen lights up on the cliff. She was following the signs and found herself on switch-back. Not wanting to wake her family, she continued forward. After an hour and a half, she arrived at the top of a cliff. She could see the freeway where she was supposed to be but the only way down was another set of switchbacks.

In her sweetest voice she woke her dear husband and told him it was his turn to drive. She just told him where to turn. Half way down he realized he was in a mess and asked where they were. She replied "It's a shortcut. Just keep going we will get there eventually. Watch for deer." Neither of us knew where she had gone or who lived in the house. All we know is they were 2 hours on those switch-backs coming down and had no idea where they were.

The next morning Jim said to Becky: "The car had an adventurous evening. Used a whole tank of gas and we are a huge total of 10 miles closer to our destination." "Is that what you mean when you say you were on a rabbit trail?" Big hug.
    Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Sounds like my mornings...have your keys, your watch,your lunch, your TEETH! Yes, he has false teeth and has forgotten them! Either he will come home if close enough, or call, "embarassed", can you bring them to work! But you got to love them 'cause they do let us SHOP!!!!
    Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 PM

Whenever I leave my purse in our truck, my DH says "don't blame me if they break it to take it!!" I either hide it on the floor under something, or cram it under the back of the front seat if I have a small enough purse with me. But Kathy is right...not a good idea. If you can put it in the trunk of the car, that's a differnt thing. But if the car is running........well, that is certainly a different thing!! LOL
    Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM

My DH & I & our doggie was on a road trip-out in the desert with temps at 115 degrees, at a roadside stand I left those 2 in the car with motor on-air running...he got out & locked the door-had to call road service-but a lady threatened to call the police, as we left the dog in the car...we were outside in the heat-dog in the cool cool car.take all kinds to make ones day!!!!
    Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM

A few years ago I met DH near his work so we could ride together to one of our daughters soccer games about 75 minutes away. We left his truck in a hotel parking lot. When we got back about 5 hours later, he couldn't find his keys. I told him to check the truck. They were in it all right, since it had been running for the full five hours. :roll:

He hasn't lived that one down yet.
    Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM

Well it isn't a secret anymore cuz I have got to share this story with my hubby, LOL.

You must live in a very safe, honest neighborhood! Or lucky as can be.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
    Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by wraez
    Well it isn't a secret anymore cuz I have got to share this story with my hubby, LOL.

You must live in a very safe, honest neighborhood! Or lucky as can be.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
    shhhhhhhh :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by IrishNY
    A few years ago I met DH near his work so we could ride together to one of our daughters soccer games about 75 minutes away. We left his truck in a hotel parking lot. When we got back about 5 hours later, he couldn't find his keys. I told him to check the truck. They were in it all right, since it had been running for the full five hours. :roll:

He hasn't lived that one down yet.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: another great story i can't tell DH :lol: :lol:
    man, you all are killing me :roll:
    Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 PM

Hahahaha that is so funny! I can totally relate..I am losing my mind, I have the beginnings of a forgetful brain! About 2 months ago I forgot something in my house so I was just going to run in grab it and go! Well, I ran in, grabbed it, went out to my running car and realized the doors were locked! Needless to say, I was frustrated and didn't want to pay for a locksmith, way too expensive! So, I called some friends and we broke into my car! Greatest idea ever. haha
    Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
    Banned

that is so absulutley funny, but I did this before, except I locked the door with the car running, when the boys were little, I took them to a pumpkin patch they were so excited and I just got off work and was so tired. but I did not wont to let them down, so we all get out of the car and my oldest son must of been about 9 says mommy your car is on and your keys are in it. thank goodness for the cell phone, these were quit big back then. any way hubby came and helped us out and thank fully helped with the excited children. I wont tell a soul except my hubby ;) ;) God bless. Penny