Kentucky information

Old 07-07-2024, 07:42 AM

Location: NC,GA,FLA,(GA and NC again), MD, MO, now Virginia...not going again
Default Kentucky information

It has been quite some time since I have been to this board. I am pleased to find it still up and running.
I am going to be traveling I-64 in the near future...VA to St. Louis and back again. I need to find a motel near Frankfort or Lexington.
Can anyone suggest which exits I should look at to find a safe, decent place to stay. Also are there any shops to look at near any of the I-64 corridor exits around these cities? We won't have a lot of time this trip, but this is likely to be a repeat stopping place. TIA
#travelinformation
Old 07-07-2024, 09:59 AM

Do you have a cell phone? If so, install IExit (I as in me, Exit ). Once you're on the interstate, it will show you what each upcoming Exit offers, food, hotels, gas etc. I know that doesn't help you reserve ahead, a place to stay but we usually have our rooms booked. I use this for rest stops, food, gas.
Have you tried googling 'hotels off I-64 Lexington, Kentucky' or 'hotels off I-64 Frankfort, Kentucky'? Just copy and paste each I just wrote to google. I know it still doesn't tell you anything about personal safety, but maybe look at reviews, for cleanliness and safety. Good luck and safe driving. I used to travel on tour buses with my niece, so we loved having the I Exit app.
Old 07-07-2024, 11:58 AM

Location: NC,GA,FLA,(GA and NC again), MD, MO, now Virginia...not going again

Originally Posted by toogie
Do you have a cell phone? If so, install IExit (I as in me, Exit ). Once you're on the interstate, it will show you what each upcoming Exit offers, food, hotels, gas etc. I know that doesn't help you reserve ahead, a place to stay but we usually have our rooms booked. I use this for rest stops, food, gas.
Have you tried googling 'hotels off I-64 Lexington, Kentucky' or 'hotels off I-64 Frankfort, Kentucky'? Just copy and paste each I just wrote to google. I know it still doesn't tell you anything about personal safety, but maybe look at reviews, for cleanliness and safety. Good luck and safe driving. I used to travel on tour buses with my niece, so we loved having the I Exit app.
Thank you. Will try this.