Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • lets all take a cruise to a warm climate >
  • lets all take a cruise to a warm climate

• lets all take a cruise to a warm climate

Old 02-09-2011, 11:02 AM

We have had so much cold weather this winter, our joke is about moving to Florida where it's warm!!! Hahahahahaha!!!
    A cruise sounds wonderful!! I really need to get my passport!! :thumbup:
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
    Power Poster

i leave nov 6 for the BAHAMAS WITH SON AND DH AND his mom, we're going with our condo. orur fee for this is just $1400 for me , my dh and son, what a great price. we are upgraded to the 10th dech with qa beautiful balcony and $75 per person comp . life is great!!!
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
    Power Poster

Well it is a little bit cold here 68 degrees. southern California is not too bad but I could handle it a little warmer.
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
    maybe we can get a government grant to pay for it something like Studying the wildlife habits of the sewing female in an unnatural environment. Or maybe How to keep women from going stir crazy in the winter and going after their husbands with a needle and thread
    I'll drink to that! hahahahaha!
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:17 PM

We have a trip planned to go diving in the Cayman Islands. Doubt we'll be doing much quilting on that trip though, its kinda hard to sew under water.
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Are you ready to be jealous? I am leaving for one this Friday! Sure hope the Virgin Islands don't get a cold snap!
    I was due to leave March 5th for a 7 day cruise, but my SIL went to hospital energency rom this am and is still there. He may need surgery if they decide what it is causing his pain.Sure hope he wont need surgery.
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nanjun
    Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Are you ready to be jealous? I am leaving for one this Friday! Sure hope the Virgin Islands don't get a cold snap!
    I was due to leave March 5th for a 7 day cruise, but my SIL went to hospital energency rom this am and is still there. He may need surgery if they decide what it is causing his pain.Sure hope he wont need surgery.
    I am sorry to hear this. I hope he is ok and you can go after all. Hoping it is something fairly routine like appendicitis and he will have a very quick recovery.
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Valerie Scherr
    There is a quilting cruise next February Hubby and I plan on going. Make up for the lousy year last year and since my mom just died yesterday this year isn't the greatest either...can only get better ...The cruise is 10 days of quilting and 4 days of touring hawaii and a quick stop for a few hours in Mexico and very resonable only 2300 for us quilters and cheaper for hubby.
    Oh my goodness Valerie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You most definitely deserve that cruise to Hawaii and Mexico. It will be something wonderful to look forward to with all the sorrow you must be experiencing.
    Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 PM

Valerie, I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost FIL last summer so I know you will be really busy for a while!

No cruises for me thanks. Way too motion sick. I went on one back in 1989 from New Orleans to Key West Cozumel and Cancun. I got my sea legs after a couple of days but when we got back to New Orleans for Mardi Gras I couldn't take a shower. Closing the shower curtain made me go tilt LOL I think the land sickness lasted longer than the sea sickness did.
    Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM

No thanks, just returned from St Lucia. This being their winter months too, it was in the high 90's every day with high 80's humidity. There's always a sea breeze but that was even warm. Evening got down to the 70's but I was still ready to come home to my cooler 7 degree weather. It was nice to visit but I sure couldn't live there. We are not beach people so we spent our time touring, oh yes, that's after my granddaughters carribbean wedding on the beach. She lives there so I'm sure we'll visit again, but certainly not for a while. She moved there from St John in the Virgin Islands and we visited there a couple years ago. Still very hot.