A Little Something Jacket

Old 07-27-2011, 07:53 AM

I saw this jacket and pattern (see keepsake quilting)in a quilt store and i can think of a million things to do with it. I would like your opinion on the fabric choice. I do not want to iron the jacket after washing so i wonder if that lets out batiks. I also do not want to sew stretchy fabrics. Would something like twill be a good choice. All recommendations welcome.

Rita
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm finishing up on the upline jacket right now. I prewashed my batiks and it wasn't wrinkly at all. I quilted the fabric so it probably won't be an issue anyway's but since it wasn't really wrinkly when I first washed it I think you'd probably just have to shake it out or take it out damp and let it dry on the hanger. I'm getting ready to make two for Christmas w/just lining and I'm not concerned about it since it handled washing the frist time. If you already have the fabric; wash it and try it. I know there are different types of batik; mine is 100% cotten
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
I'm finishing up on the upline jacket right now. I prewashed my batiks and it wasn't wrinkly at all. I quilted the fabric so it probably won't be an issue anyway's but since it wasn't really wrinkly when I first washed it I think you'd probably just have to shake it out or take it out damp and let it dry on the hanger. I'm getting ready to make two for Christmas w/just lining and I'm not concerned about it since it handled washing the frist time. If you already have the fabric; wash it and try it. I know there are different types of batik; mine is 100% cotten
Thanks for the info.
Rita