Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • For the little tiny ones!!! >
  • For the little tiny ones!!!

• For the little tiny ones!!!

Old 09-14-2018, 04:44 AM

It seem as I have enough shopping bags. My problem is remembering to bring them in with me when I go shopping. It's an environmental thing, just something we need to get used to.
    Old 09-14-2018, 06:08 PM

Your bag are beautiful, in California we are charged 10 cents a bag, plastic or paper. I have made a few but they are just functional and not very pretty. When I empty the bag I place them over my purse so when I go to the car I will leave them there. Even like that I am sometimes half way to the door of the store when I remember and go back to the car for the bags.
    Old 09-15-2018, 07:08 AM

About 30 years ago, someone gifted me with yards of denim. I made grocery bags of varying sizes. They reside in my car. I have to remind bag boys sometimes not to fill them to the top so I can get them into the house, but I don't like plastic bags and always return them to our grocery store which has a recycle bin.
    Old 09-15-2018, 09:06 AM
    mac

I find getting used to bringing my own bags into the store is frustrating. I understand the reason why it is GREEN to use your own bags, but I just can seem to get my brain to remember them. So I end up having my groceries put back in my shopping basket and then filling up my bags when I get to my car.

I actually purchased some reusable bags on-line, and then chastised myself for not making my own bags. After all, this would be a perfect project for all that fabric that you bought and now look at and think, "what was I thinking?"
    Now that I am limited to how much weight I can pick up/carry, I need to make my own bags that don't hold as much. So off to my stash I will go and find those ugly fabrics that I just had to have.