Location in Hiding

Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM

I ask this same question a few days ago. LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM

The first time I entered my location, it didn't take it. I had to edit it, I like the idea of a Country also.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:31 AM

I helped send a person to jail for 20 years. I use to be afraid of a revenge attack when they were let out of prison. I think I've gotten over that. There are a number of reasons, but I think privacy is a major factor.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 AM

At least when you are posting about the weather in your area, it doesn't make much sense if you are "in hiding". Other than that it doesn't bother me.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I agree -- it drives me nuts, too. And I understand the reason --- but the funny ones are the ones that say "in hiding" and in the intro say where they're from!!!
HA..you noticed that too...those are the ones that have not quite figured out how to work the site yet I think...
Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 AM

I try not to answer anyone in hiding because if they want privacy why are they here and also I like to know at least what state they are in when I answer
Old 09-08-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I agree -- it drives me nuts, too. And I understand the reason --- but the funny ones are the ones that say "in hiding" and in the intro say where they're from!!!
--Not long ago this same subject came up and at the time that I originally logged into the QB I did not notice the where u from section-but a few pages later some one told how to correct this by going to -My Profile-^ above^ It was so easy to fix and I did not blow up my computer -(I'm still intimidated by this contraption
Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by TacoMama
Why do so many not want to let it be known where they live or at least the state they live in?
Yeah, I don't get that either!
Annie in Maine
:)
Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dodie
I try not to answer anyone in hiding because if they want privacy why are they here and also I like to know at least what state they are in when I answer
Why does it matter where they are? In this day and age privacy issues are a big concern. Just because they want privacy should not keep them from being memebers of a quilting board. With the ever increasing identity theft and similar issues, I would encourage people to be protective of their information, even if it's just their location. Not responding to someone merely because they have not divulged their location is sadly a loss that you suffer.
Also, perhaps the board should rethink the term "In Hiding" to something that sounds less covert. I think it sends the wrong message.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:41 AM

well I figure states are large and a lot of people have similar names so putting ohio or new york can't hurt I googled my name and there I was with a lot a family info that my cousins wife posted but half her info was wrong but still it gave enough for me to try people search and it told what city I now live and past address. if they want to find you thanks to the internet they will. so hiding may be a good thing to a point. Its a shame we can't trust anyone anymore miss the 50's and early 60's. miss saying hi nice day with out someone thinking I'm out to mug them lol