Long Legs - anyone else??

Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by linhawk
I used to shop Pennys too. It has changed. I told one of the sales people that I didn't think it was a good change. She said people really liked it. I asked her where they were. The store was almost empty. She had no answer.
I love your response to her!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 PM

Also try Ann Taylor online.
i have the same thing going on, 5’8 and all legs and all arms.
I used to love Lands End until they started to do funky things with the crotches. My crotch is not halfway down to me knees...
Old 08-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B.
Also try Ann Taylor online.
i have the same thing going on, 5’8 and all legs and all arms.
I used to love Lands End until they started to do funky things with the crotches. My crotch is not halfway down to me knees...
And this is why I don't like sewing pants for kids. I don't know what kid the pattern companies used to design their patterns, but the pants crotches are always way too low! This was true when I sewed for my kids, and it's still true when I sew for my grandkids.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Depending on your size, have you tried Catherine's Plus-size. Theuy have talls
Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 PM

Just checked on-line. The talls only have a 32" inseam. I need a 34". Thanks for the suggestion.
Originally Posted by tessagin
Depending on your size, have you tried Catherine's Plus-size. Theuy have talls
Old 08-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
And this is why I don't like sewing pants for kids. I don't know what kid the pattern companies used to design their patterns, but the pants crotches are always way too low! This was true when I sewed for my kids, and it's still true when I sew for my grandkids.
Yep! They're designed as though the child is wearing double diapers!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 PM

I am 5'6" but have a 35-36" inseam but am short waisted. I have found that there is a big difference between talls & longs. The talls are longer in the crotch as well as the length where the longs are just longer legged, which work well for me. Good luck finding what you need. I have found the talls at Express.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
I have long legs (I'm almost 6 ft), and need tall size pants. I'm looking for a basic pair of tan/beige dress pants. Easy right? Wrong. My go to store used to be JCPenney - online. I think they have changed the demographic they are trying to appeal to. I go not want skinny pants, and I like my pants to ride at my waist, not somewhere below my waist. I've been watching for months, and anything that slightly appeals to me is out of stock.

Does anyone know a good online source for tall dress pants?? No local stores carry them.

OK, Thanks for any suggestions.
I have long legs, too (5'8"), and either wear men's jeans or women's Dockers......Kohl's carries the Dockers
Old 08-26-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie
Also check Land's End. They have three different "waist" styles and one of them is at the actual waist.
Seconding this. They have cut-to-measure lengths, too. Here's an example, click on the yellow "fit and size" button: http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...91761-_-405988 I'm short, but have the same complaints when it comes to finding ready-made clothes. Probably LL Bean would be similar and, if you can find one near you, Bonworth has a wide range of sizes for more mature women. Actually, they're online as well, but I haven't ordered because the store is near.

I think the issue with Penney's is definitely the "demographics" as you say. They're probably aiming for a group that follows trends more than those of us who want things like basic, reliable chinos year after year. My guess is they've made a mistake. The trendy young folks prefer to shop at trendy, new mall shops and may shun Penney's because it has a long-standing connection with people more like us!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 AM

Try Duluth Trading Company, they have talls in pants and talls (Long Tails) in shirts. These are 2" longer than regular. I love them. The cotton knit in the tanks, T's, turtlenecks is wonderful, is soft and doesn't wrinkle.