Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Look What I Ordered Today............... >
  • Look What I Ordered Today...............

• Look What I Ordered Today...............

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Originally Posted by LindaM
    Nice bike Billy - not much beats the riding experience!

Now that IS riding light! Good grief, I'm doing good to limit my stuff to one saddlebag.

Since you'll be in the business of mailing stuff home, you'll be in good practice for mailing home quilting treasures you find along the way.

Enjoy the tour!
    Oh I am going to be stopping at quite a few of our members homes and I am pretty sure I will get to go to some quilt shops!! :-D :-D

Oh yeah and I forgot I will have my tooth brush, floss, and deodorant with me!!!

Hopefully you will have a helmet with you, it is required in California!!
    I hope you have a great time..... That's traveling way too light for me!!!
    Yes I will have a helmet but I will only wear it in the states that require them.

Billy
    Deoderant and toothpaste. Yep. You can stay here now :twisted:
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
    Banned

You guys are killing me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am all about the hygiene, I can not stand to be dirty, hot and sweaty unless the situation calls for it. The arches have been added to the list!

YES I will have a helmet (half helmet) but I am only wearing it in the states that call for it. The way I look at it if the good Lord wants to take me it will not matter if I have helmet on or not. But I promise to be careful and ride defensively.

Remember loud pipes save lives!!!

Billy
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 AM
    Banned

You know some of us just have to give you shit.............cuz we can :)

You guys are killing me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am all about the hygiene, I can not stand to be dirty, hot and sweaty unless the situation calls for it. The arches have been added to the list!

YES I will have a helmet (half helmet) but I am only wearing it in the states that call for it. The way I look at it if the good Lord wants to take me it will not matter if I have helmet on or not. But I promise to be careful and ride defensively.

Remember loud pipes save lives!!!

Billy
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 AM
    Banned

A woman with an attitude nothing wrong with that!! Maybe we will be able to find you a vintage machine when I get out there, if not I imagine we can find some sort of trouble to get into!!

Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 AM
    Banned

A woman with an attitude nothing wrong with that!! Maybe we will be able to find you a vintage machine when I get out there, if not I imagine we can find some sort of trouble to get into!!

I have no problems finding trouble to get into...........just ask the hubster :)
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
    Banned

I have no problems finding trouble to get into...........just ask the hubster :)
    I figured you probably keep him on his toes!!

I do the same thing to my wife, she will always look around seeing what I brought home with me when ever I go somewhere and stay out a little longer than she was expecting. The first thing she checks is the driveway, then she looks for more sewing machines. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But she is the one that told me to buy the bike and not wait until something turned up so I can not complain.

Billy
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 AM
    Banned

I figured you probably keep him on his toes!!

I do the same thing to my wife, she will always look around seeing what I brought home with me when ever I go somewhere and stay out a little longer than she was expecting. The first thing she checks is the driveway, then she looks for more sewing machines. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But she is the one that told me to buy the bike and not wait until something turned up so I can not complain.

Billy
    ROFL. Yes. He's the responsible, stable one :)
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 AM
    Banned

BK just remember that instability can be a good thing!!!

Billy
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 AM
    Banned

BK just remember that instability can be a good thing!!!

Billy
    It's more fun .... that's for sure ! :twisted:
    Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    Nice bike! but where do the saddle bags go? Back rest?
    Don't forget the rain gear!
    (My DH and I used to be in the motorcycle business - aftermarket stuff, etc - traveled the country attending rallies....)
    All its going to be is me wearing a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and thats about it.

I will have me a Mexican blanket with a spare set of shorts and a underwear rolled up in it wedged between the seat and rear fender. If not then I will tie it to the riser somehow but I will buy my clothes as I go and just mail them back home so they can be washed. Other than that I will have my camera and my iphone in my pocket.

When I say pack light I do mean pack light!!

Billy

Billy

To each his own. I am an avid motorcyclist. I ride an HD Road King and have ridden half way across the country and back twice. I have taken numerous motorcycle safety courses and on occasion I will ride without a helmet in states where it is legal (I'm not saying that is a good thing just a matter of choice). However to undertake a road trip of that magnitude without proper gear IMHO is asking for trouble. At the very least you should have jeans, some sort of jacket and good riding boots. You never know what kind of weather you will hit in the middle of nowhere. Hypothermia can set in just getting caught in a freak summer thunderstorm. That bike looks pretty well "beastified". You have a son who needs you. At the very least have some protective gear with you like a few extra layers and don't ride in shorts and sneakers. I figure I can tell you this until I am blue in the face and you will do what you want. All it will take is one good pipe burn and a june bug hitting you in the shin for you to opt for jeans and boots.