Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey >
  • LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey

• LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey

Old 02-17-2011, 01:37 PM

Happy tears. YOu know I am emotional when my pills aren't being taken. Just kidding. I am smiling. It's like this. When someone is happy and smiling arond me, so do I, when someone is crying, I can't help it, even the mention of it. There were some great stories on here and being there myself, I could read the emotion in them and hence...the tears. I looked at the clothes again and read April's post...sob..sob..hic...sob.
    Old 02-17-2011, 01:38 PM

I can't begin to tell you how very proud I am of you, and yes I am still walking in your shoes. but as you can see you have many, many friends. Most of the ladies on this board do not know my story, but I still consider them my friends. You are a very special lady and I am proud to call you my friend. If you ever need anything that I can help you with let me know. This is the first PM I have ever received and I am so excited.

quiltsru
    Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 PM

Adorable! Her wardrobe is larger than mine :-D
    Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsru
    I can't begin to tell you how very proud I am of you, and yes I am still walking in your shoes. but as you can see you have many, many friends. Most of the ladies on this board do not know my story, but I still consider them my friends. You are a very special lady and I am proud to call you my friend. If you ever need anything that I can help you with let me know. This is the first PM I have ever received and I am so excited.

quiltsru
    }}} S*U*P*E*R***H*U*G*S {{{
    I am now starting to cut my very first quilt.
    You saw the fabrics I bought for it :)
    Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Dreamer and Trupeach you are both remarkable women with similar problems that are really the same.

Dreamer, you have made such a remarkable recovery and the clothes for the doll are exquisite. Your journey may not be over but you certainly are making all the steps to reach that peak. Ten years is a long time and I commend you for your determination and guts.

Trupeach, I can relate to what you are going through. My nephew has been in a nursing home for over 4 years from the TBI he got in an accident. His mother, my niece, visits him 3 times a day, before work, at lunch and after work. She works diligently to ensure he gets good care. She has never given up hope for his recovery and celebrates every little improvement. At 39, her life changed as drastically as her 20 year old son's did. With love an lots of prayer, I hope your daughter and my nephew's journey takes the path of Dreamer.

God bless and keep you both.
    Old 02-17-2011, 03:14 PM
    Banned

All I do is cry when I read all these posts. Some happy tears some sad.
    I read it is sometimes harder for the caregiver of a person with TBI as they knew what the person was like before. In my DD case she knew she was smart and always asks if she will ever be smart again. It breaks my heart when she asks that.
    Old 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    All I do is cry when I read all these posts. Some happy tears some sad.
    I read it is sometimes harder for the caregiver of a person with TBI as they knew what the person was like before. In my DD case she knew she was smart and always asks if she will ever be smart again. It breaks my heart when she asks that.
    trupeach that is a very normal question for her to ask.
    your daughter can look into a mirror and see why her brain doesn't work right. there is no visible injuries to see on me...my brain had the longest time accepting what I had gone thru because there were no scars to see. I knew I was smart before the accident and know it now...but the road has been a very hard long fight. I did everything I could do for me brain from diet, vitamins and working my brain on exercises every single day. I even learned computers 3 years ago. I got good enough that I ran a great ebay company for 2 years. All of the things I have done have built new pathways in the brain.
    Again I will say your daughter will move forward when she learns to accept who she is now...you can not take these steps for her. She is going to fall many times BUT she will learn to stand on her own and go forward one step at a time.
    You as the caregiver has a hard job...read books other caregivers have written on this subject as they have great advice first hand.
    Patience is something you need to have so much of. Joyce will feel every undercurrent you put out...and probably not tell you. It's like we pick up an extra sense because of the brain damage.
    H*U*G*S
    Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I think you did a wonderful job.......even on my best day mine would not have looked that good.
    Old 02-17-2011, 03:40 PM

Dreamer2009, you are sharing this thread because you had a big accomplishment and now you are being there for others. How funny. YOu are so good. YOu show your caring nature as well as your desire to make it up that long road. Kudos....
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM

You've done a FABULOUS job on all of these. Especially impressive after hearing the struggles you went through. God Bless you, my dear.