• LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey >
  • LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey

• LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey

Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Originally Posted by ksea
    Originally Posted by Mousie
    I am so in awe of these creations! i've never had a tbi, but I do have ahdhd...somehow I think there may be some experiences that might be similar.
    I applaud your courage to keep on trying. I have days i could use someone like you to emulate, and get "out of myself!" :XD:
    Mousie,
    what is... ahdhd
    I think she just put an extra h in there I think she meant ADHD
    sorry don
    t know what that means either...
    Dreamer it is Adult Attention Defict Disorder (I believe I may have the wording not quite right) but it is a problem with concentration and focus, thoughts all over the place...my cousin had it from a young child and he could never sit still in class and was the "problem" child although brilliant.
    Hugs
    April
    Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 AM

I am so in awe of these creations! i've never had a tbi, but I do have ahdhd...somehow I think there may be some experiences that might be similar.
    I applaud your courage to keep on trying. I have days i could use someone like you to emulate, and get "out of myself!" :XD:
    Mousie,
    what is... ahdhd
    I'm sorry Attention deficit hyperactive disorder
    Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Mousie,
    what is... ahdhd
    sorry don
    Dreamer it is Adult Attention Defict Disorder (I believe I may have the wording not quite right) but it is a problem with concentration and focus, thoughts all over the place...my cousin had it from a young child and he could never sit still in class and was the "problem" child although brilliant.
    Hugs
    April
    OMGOSH~~~Mousie~~~we have a lot in common then.
    I have a lot of that after accident. I run so fast all time chasing my thoughts just to lose them as chasing them... very frustrating. used to be able to concetrate and focus really well...not so anymore...can be NO noise and have to grit teeth in order to stay focused to concentrate.
    T*H*A*N*K*S
    April
    H*U*G*S
    Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 AM

This is a truly amazing and inspiring thread to read. Thank you so much for sharing your story and your beautiful creations with us.
    Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Bicycle
    This is a truly amazing and inspiring thread to read. Thank you so much for sharing your story and your beautiful creations with us.
    Thank You :)
    Hugs
    Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM

Mousie,
    what is... ahdhd
    sorry don
    Hugs
    April
    I have a lot of that after accident. I run so fast all time chasing my thoughts just to lose them as chasing them... very frustrating. used to be able to concetrate and focus really well...not so anymore...can be NO noise and have to grit teeth in order to stay focused to concentrate.
    T*H*A*N*K*S
    April
    H*U*G*S
    Dreamer my youngest son was diagnoised with ADHD but I refused to put him on medication because in his case I thought it was just a catch all diagnosis and a way to not deal with his CP (which is a whole other catch all diagnosis, but thats a whole other story) and other problems resulting from him being born 9 weeks premature. Any way, he always had trouble sitting still and staying on task so one of his special needs teacher made him a weighted vest. Think fishing vest you know the kind with all the pockets in them, yup one of those with beans swen into every pocket to make it heavy. and then she made him another weighted pillow for his lap. OMG I was blown away by the results, something about the weight on him helped him center and concentrate. It was unbelievable, I don't know why it worked only know that for him and several other kids in class that it worked miracles. Maybe it's something that you could try and maybe it would help you. To put an ending on the story my son was able to be in regular education classes by the time he was in 7th grade and he excelled at his computer studies and IBM invited him to their "geek camp" every year from 7th grade on and gave him some awesome scholarships and he is now 20 and in his 2nd year of "geek school"
    Old 02-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Mousie,
    what is... ahdhd
    sorry don
    Hugs
    April
    T*H*A*N*K*S
    April
    H*U*G*S
    Dreamer my youngest son was diagnoised with ADHD but I refused to put him on medication because in his case I thought it was just a catch all diagnosis and a way to not deal with his CP (which is a whole other catch all diagnosis, but thats a whole other story) and other problems resulting from him being born 9 weeks premature. Any way, he always had trouble sitting still and staying on task so one of his special needs teacher made him a weighted vest. Think fishing vest you know the kind with all the pockets in them, yup one of those with beans swen into every pocket to make it heavy. and then she made him another weighted pillow for his lap. OMG I was blown away by the results, something about the weight on him helped him center and concentrate. It was unbelievable, I don't know why it worked only know that for him and several other kids in class that it worked miracles. Maybe it's something that you could try and maybe it would help you. To put an ending on the story my son was able to be in regular education classes by the time he was in 7th grade and he excelled at his computer studies and IBM invited him to their "geek camp" every year from 7th grade on and gave him some awesome scholarships and he is now 20 and in his 2nd year of "geek school"
    Aren't M*I*R*A*C*L*E***T*E*A*C*H*E*R*S
    just the best :)
    I'm thinking I'm pretty weighted down from the three layers of winter clothing I'm in for several months.
    It sounds like a great idea and I'm thinking having the weight will also help my shoulder up into the ears problem.
    I remember when my son was about 6 and school requested I take him to special DR. for hyperactivity/ undiagnosed back in the days...Dr comes out of room and leaves son the and says to me..." how do you stand him ?"
    He prescribed drugs and needless to say did not get me as a return patient...what a thing to say !!
    Someone told me to give him a cup of coffy before school and it will help...and help it did...no drugs needed...caffine balances out hyperactivity.
    Old 02-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Mousie,
    what is... ahdhd
    sorry don
    Hugs
    April
    T*H*A*N*K*S
    April
    H*U*G*S
    Aren't M*I*R*A*C*L*E***T*E*A*C*H*E*R*S
    just the best :)
    I'm thinking I'm pretty weighted down from the three layers of winter clothing I'm in for several months.
    It sounds like a great idea and I'm thinking having the weight will also help my shoulder up into the ears problem.
    I remember when my son was about 6 and school requested I take him to special DR. for hyperactivity/ undiagnosed back in the days...Dr comes out of room and leaves son the and says to me..." how do you stand him ?"
    He prescribed drugs and needless to say did not get me as a return patient...what a thing to say !!
    Someone told me to give him a cup of coffy before school and it will help...and help it did...no drugs needed...caffine balances out hyperactivity.
    I was extremely lucky that our public school had one of the best specail needs program in the state of Michigan, of course we fought tooth and nail during election time to get milages passed, but the extra tax money (we owned a $350,000 house and 120 acres so you know our taxes were high) was well worth what our special needs kids got out of it. Had I listened to the 1st Neurologist that saw my son he would have been put into an intitution because he said I wouldn't be able to take care of him much past 3 years old. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, I dug in and found different doctors and used some unconventional treatments and he is doing wonderful. He just got married last Halloween and is on the deans list at his school..
    Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Wow what a wardrobe, what a lucky little girl. I love all your colors and styles you made. Looks great to me, and such small pieces.
    Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM

Hi. I've had a MTBI for sixteen years. A few years ago I started using my left hand on the computer because I had a strain on my right hand. Since that time I've been able to read books and process information much better, started to cook again, picked up crafts again in particular sewing. It's been slow. I credit my gains with using my left hand. It seems to have had a positive effect on my brain function. Don't give up on your daughter. Sometimes gains are made years afterwards.