Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey >
  • LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey

• LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey

Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Look at the ads on the top and bottom. Brain training games. I may have to play some. Need my mom to start also since her alzheimers is getting worse. Keeps out minds occupied. I know it is good brain excercise. Are you gonna go look at them?

Now that I have read these posts, I am crying tears of happiness and a little sadness. I feel so deeply myself so no frets. I was thinking, I am not the person I was before the surgery and never will be...however, I have become this person you know on the board and some in my life. I am a better person for what I went thru and the way I have changed my life. I live day to day. When I can't do things I used to do so much better, I have learned to quilt and it is a blessing. I will miss the old me but will thrive in my new life. We were given these disabilities for a reason. Rather than look back too much, I plan to move on. Life is good. Did I mention I love this board? What a place to share. I have learned to love more, forgive always, and give whenever I can.
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM

Those are fantastic!! What a lucky little girl to receive such a gift. Thank you for sharing some of your journey. Congratulations for the fruits of your perseverance through the struggles.
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Dreamer, you are very brave and have so much courage. You have done a absolutely beautiful job on the clothes. Keep on with your journey. You are doing so good.
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 PM

My daughter is the lucky recipient of these beautiful clothes and there are not enough words to thank you dreamer nor to express how very much this means to both of us. Izzy loves her dolls and will love to be able to have unique clothes when she plays with her friends-clothes no one else has and never will-but more importantly she will have a gift of love and a gift built on perseverance and an "I will overcome" attitude. There is something to be said for the determination and character you have shown. I know Izzy will absolutely love these clothes and it is an honor and a privilege to be able to call you friend and to be able to tell her that YOU made these for her, that you had enough love for a little girl thousands of miles away to want to make her smile. This will teach Izabella one of life's greatest blessings-love is unseen and unconditional and spans time and space. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for the gift of your heart you have given to both of us. Seeing her smile when she goes through so much herself means more to me than you know. I am here for you always and am walking beside you on your journey in every way I can.
    Thank you again-my heart has swelled with appreciation and love and my face wet by tears...you are an AMAZING woman and Izabella and I are blessed to have you. You will always hold a very special in our hearts.
    Much Love to you
    Hugs
    April
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Dreamer2009...you are my hero! I so admire your strength and perseverance! Just like that little train Debbie talked about! You did it and I am so proud of you, even though I only know what I have read on this thread! I would be so honored to have you as a friend! You are one awesome lady!!

And the doll clothes are all beautiful too!
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Tears are streaming down my face. My daughter was the victim of a horrid crime June 2009. The doctors never expected her to live. She was hit it the head with a 5lb rock thrown at the cab she was riding in. She suffered a TBI, she had a 2" cut on her brain 23 skull fractures and a shattered eye socket. She will be having surgery #6 in a few weeks. My daughter is alive but my daughter as I knew her died that night. She will never be the same. Wishing you the hope and courage to continue on your journey. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
    trupeach...
    this has been a 10 year journey for me...
    I died the night of the accident also...but I am now who I am.
    Your daughter will find herself in time.
    Your job as her mother is to LOVE her through it.
    I had no one to help me with any of it.
    Your daughter is still your daughter; she will blossom and grow as she allows herself to grow.
    My daughter, too, suffered a TBI nearly 3 yrs ago in a car accident. She was 22, honors college student and 3-sport athlete. As trupeach says "my daughter is alive but my daughter as I knew her died that night." Physically she has recovered all of her injuries: fractured jaw, sternum and plevis. The TBI will always be there. She has made an amazing recovery; the neurosurgeons called her their "miracle." They didn't expect her to walk or talk again, but I said you don't know my daughter. Her determination was still in her. She is finishing up her bachelors degree now, tho she redirected her goal from athletic trainer to medical rehab with young people. The school work is more difficult for her than 'before.' She also volunteers at Shriners. I'm very proud of her, but the most difficult thing for me is the change in personality. It's been 3 years and I still am not used to this new person, but I love her with all my heart.
    dreamer: sewing helped my daughter in her recovery, too. She never sewed a stitch before the accident, but she learned to quilt during the first year after. It helped in the recovery. I'm sure it has with you also. God bless.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 PM

The doll clothes are totally beautiful. You did an amazing job. Izabella will treasure them always I'm sure. Blessings to you for your perseverance and for all your days ahead.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM

So glad you went on that journey. These are beautiful.
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 PM

You are truly an inspiration to all of us. If only we could be as strong keep sewing you are doing a beautiful job. I love the" purple coat". It shows your enter most feelings and you are very artistic. Keep up the great work. This Board will always give you our full support & Hugs. But most of all our Prayers.
    Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM

I've never been a sentimental or sappy person but ... awww ... shucks guys!! <snif>