Major Announcement by USPS

Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 PM

don't forget you can print online postage and have it picked up. Very convenient and you save on some classes of mail, and on DC.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 PM

I've been hearing about possible saturday closures. This won't bother me. Need to take a break from receiving bills anyway. lol Also heard another postage increase is due soon. But none of that seems major....at least to me. Guess we all will have to wait and see.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
don't forget you can print online postage and have it picked up. Very convenient and you save on some classes of mail, and on DC.
plus you are saving a lot on gas this way !!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Google Goddess

will see what happens as ours has cut back on hours

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My post master told me this aft the on March 25 USPS is coming out with a major announcement. He doesn't know what it is either. They just were told there will be some major changes.

I am so hoping we don't lose our Post Office! It would be soooo inconvenient!! I don't want to have to figure out how to do it online(I know alot of people like it) and I don't want to have to go 12miles to the next town to mail something!!

I really hope we don't lose any more post offices in our area! I know things are tight but this would not be good.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

gosh, i already have to stand in line. I hope they don't close on Saturdays.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Yes ,I know our small town PO Is scared too.They keep cutting their hours and staff. We have the Mayberry type post office, the post master knows all of his patrons and we all know him.I love living in a small town. We have one traffic light :)
This sounds just like where I live!
Our traffic light flashes green on the highway in a futile attempt to slow people down as they whiz by. I think if some pedestrian actually pushed the button and expected vehicles to stop for them - well, they might get mashed!
Our post office recently closed Saturdays and are talking about closing half an hour earlier on weekdays. Geez, if they do that I'll never get my mail. It's a last minute panic after work to the post office as it is.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Doesn't it make more sense to close Wednesday rather than Saturday? It would mean that there aren't two days in a row without delivery and would allow the PO to be open on Saturdays when many of us can actually get there since we are working the rest of the week. Just thinking out loud...
Old 03-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Irish, yes, that does make sense!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

I hope we dont lose our little PO!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Both of the close PO's are always too busy and understaffed. Long lines and they cleverly removed the machine that sold postage stamps...what's that all about. 2 or 3 people are gone, I heard retired. 1 worker instead of the 3 that used to be there. Substitute carriers dumped financial materials in front of the door rather then put them in the locked box, maybe they don't allow them to have the key??? Sorry, just venting, I HATE going there now, it's a true chore. :twisted: