Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM

meanmom! i am jealous on all counts!! have a great time!! do a tute on convergence quilts when you get back, please!

mj-- love your good news! do you still have to eat only chicken and eggs?

irish== i don't want to make you cry! i look forward to your posts! you are such a sweet person!

jim'sgem-- congrats on your weight loss, and it's good to know you are keeping the physicians employed!lol! my dr gave me a freebie one time because she said her pool was all paid for, thank you. yeah, i should have asked her which day was my day to swim. she probably would have had me cleaning the pool instead!
    Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Congrats on the 40 lb loss, meanmom. A massage is the perfect reward. You will love it! That sounds like a fantastic day off you have planned and then going to a quilt retreat. Have a wonderful time!
    I dropped off my quilt for the quilt show in Georgetown and ended up staying and hanging up quilts. It cut into my hand quilting time but charity work is still charity work. I took backroads and saw some amazing fields of bluebonnets. Tomorrow when I go to work my shift I will take my camera.
    Gayle, you had plenty of good news but I am so sorry about your foot pain. I hope your doctor figures out a way to give you some relief.
    Congrats to everyone that is having success.
    Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 PM

meanmom, have a good time. You'll love the massage. I hope you don't have a long drive afterwards because massages are ver-r-ry relaxing.

nancia, now you make me laugh. My goal for Lent was not to give up something inconsequencial, but to give up being bitchy. I've done pretty good - just one afternoon meeting where I couldn't let a lot of things go by. I do try to control my tongue (fingers) on here because irony and a smart mouth don't translate well in print. My ex DIL was berating my GD for being a smartmouth. M replied,"Don't blame my daddy - he was raised by Grandma and it all comes from her."

Okay, I'm going to put on some music and start emptying the cupboards. What will I find? Goodnight, all.
    Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 AM

I plan on enjoying myself. Too much going on around here. I am going to one LQS looking for fabric for a bargello I want to start sometime soon. I have 2 quilts that I am being paid to make ahead of it. One t shirt quilt, not may favorite quilt to do. I have been staring at it for 2 weeks because I don't like my layout. The other morning on the elliptical it finally came to me what is wrong with it. The other is a baby quilt. Not even sure what it is yet. She requested something rose themed since the baby is named Rosalee. ANy suggestions on that theme would be appreciated. I am meeting with her Monday. My massage is at noon, then off to another LQS for my bargello fabric. I have about a 1 1/2 hour drive to my retreat. I have always wanted to do a bargello quilt but never found a pattern that was just what I want. I found it a few weeks ago online. I need 24 batiks for it. The patterns is pretty hard looking I hope I can do it. I have about half of the fabric so far. I didn't like their colors on the pattern so I worked out my own. Off for a fun relaxing weekend. Hope everyone on here is well and losing. (hope I don't gain too much) I plan to be careful but enjoy myself and try some of the goodies.
    Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM
    mim

Yesterday I went to a small, but good, LQS and got the backgroung fabric for the Carpenters wheel / square quilt that I have been planning for a long time. I bought the 2 "wheel" colors way back before 2000 A shop was closing and if you bought the bolt it was 75% off -- I spent $800.00 that day. Gradually I am using it all.

Gradually is a good thing -- I have gotten rid of half a pound this week.
    Mim
    Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM

wow! i hope the color fq for april is green!! i find myself looking more and more like a clover leaf! $800 of fabric from one place, mean mom, is just fantastic, and especially with a deep discount!whew!! lucky for me dreaming about it is free! i love your good fortune! that bargello is going to sing! can't wait for you to make it so we can see it!
    And everyone is losing weight and working on healthy! this is a great place to be this month! congrats to all the happy losers!
    Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM

nancia, the color for April is 'brights'. This month was pastels.

mim, I loved making the Carpenter's Star. I'd like to do one with two fabrics (plus the backgound, of course) if I ever get caught up. Yes, gradual is a god thing.

Our weather is headed for normal and I'm freezing. I didn't like 86 in March, but this cold rain isn't my choice, either. We need the rain so badly, I'll try to see it as good.

My weight is behaving very badly. I am trying to figure our why. so I can get it under control and headed back down.

I have a GS here and I told him I'd play a board game with him so I'll check in later.
    Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 AM

thanks irish! i will dig up cindy's addy and get that sent. have to go to the p.o. on monday with my 2 dq's. i'm rather happy with them. not perfect, too much to ask for, (smile), but i like them. i really like the 2 dq's i was given also! it's so much fun to swap, and you meet the bestest people!!(even bigger smile!)
    Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 AM

Just checking in.
    That cholesterol number was awesome, Gayle. Mine is 240 :-( But I'm NOT taking the drugs that make me sick to lower it. I DO have a choice in this, contrary to some doc opinions. Mean- a massage is an awesome thing! I love it and don't get it enough. Judy- careful when walking or you'll get drenched! Then you'll melt as sugar and salt both melt in the rain - I think you may be the salty variety ;-p, Nanci, you probly have enough spare change to do a serious fab shop hop...come get me and I'll show you all the good fabric spots here in MS.

Thank you for the prayers, no I am not eating only chicken. I did notice once I moved off of the WW diet that I gained back 3 pounds of the 8 I lost, but I am very satisfied with a 5 pound loss.

My internet keeps blinking off and on today, I wonder what the issue is? I've typed this twice so off I go...
    Old 03-24-2012, 07:09 AM

Ladies,

I am so sorry for not being around this month much. My life has been turned upside down and inside out. If one thing went wrong then everything did. My weight loss this month is in the toliet. I am maintaining not losing so I am happy for that. I have been losing inches instead.

I finally made it to the post office to pick up everyone's FQ's. I haven't opened them but they are in my apartment that I was finally able to move back into after my brother and his wife staying there for 3 months. I now have to reorganize all my stuff that has been pushed up to the wall.

Now I have to get started on my purple quilt. I also have a tshirt quilt to make. I am taking a class on Tuesday on how to make the t shirt quilt. I have found a few books but not liking what I have seen.

Keep up all your good work.