Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 PM

Cindy, it sounds like life has been overwhelming. It's understandable that you haven't been here, but I can't understand not opening the FQs. I'd have to be seeing the pretty colors and petting the silky fabrics no matter what was going on around me. Don't wait too long to start the purple quilt. Some go quickly and some don't - ask me how I know. This red one has my constant companion for too long. You have a deadline, which, thank goodness, I don't.

MJ, IMO cholesteral of 240 isn't bad. Of course, my doctor didn't agree when mine was above that. He refused to look at the ratio of LDL to HDL - mine was good. I refused to take his meds. Now it's low enough that we both are happy. My cardiologist wants it below 149. I told him he is a dreamer.

My weight was better today but I'm not going to get excited. As women, our weight is so dependent on our hormones, even after menopause, that flucuations aren't unusual. I didn't walk yesterday and lost weight. Go figure. It never stopped that cold rain and the GS I was taking care of has plantar facsiitis and was having a bad day so we stayed in. Poor guy, even sewing hurt his heel. nancia, I only had four Promises today, too. I am so surprised at myself.

Keep posting, y'all. We need each other.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 AM

Hey everyone - greetings on a chilly Sunday - perfect day to quilt. We have a fire in the fireplace and it is nice. Probably one of the last ones we'll be having. But it's only 36` here right now. Really cool compared to the weather we have been having.

meanmom - I hope you found some great fabrics for your bargello. I love bargellos and plan on doing the Spicy Swirl for some gifts this year. Can't wait to see what pattern you are using. Can't imagine trying to find 24 fabrics and working them all in.

Had a treat today. DH and I split a large chocolate muffin. I have been discouraged because the scale is the same, but I have to think of what it said on Feb 1 and then I can smile. Not gaining it back and it will be such a surprise for daughter to see me at her graduation.

Almost finished a scrappy toddler quilt. SID and now I have to turn back edge over to front and do a decorative stitch on it. Then it will be ready to give away. I was thinking the Ronald McDonald house here in town. They do such good things for people.

Take care - we will do this together. WE CAN!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:21 AM

We took a drive yesterday to see the bluebonnets. I took 99 pictures of wildflowers, a train and a lake. It was a beautiful day for it. I can't load my pics on here but here is a link to my posting on facebook if you want to see them: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=79d01ec76f
    I've been eating too much lately. I can't seem to get satisfied. I'm still exercising but that's not enough on it's own. Maybe my problem is that I want something sweet but there's nothing like that in the house so I'm eating hubby's chips and other junk.
    Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 AM

Pam, I loved your flower pictures. Took some like that in Hawaii and plan to have someone show me how to put them on fabric for the quilt back. My favorite is the Texas paintbrush. Want some in my back yard. Oh will spring finally be here......
    Old 03-25-2012, 02:58 PM

I just got home from my quilt retreat. It was awesome! Who knew that sewing for over 15 hours a day could be so exhausting. I will try to get the pictures posted tomorrow sometime. I am a little afraid of the scale. THey served desert with lunch and dinner. I kept trying not to eat it but I did. I now have 22 of the 24 fabrics I need for my bargello. I am having trouble finding the oranges I need. WHo knew oranges were so hard to match. I have 2 more LQS to try for them. I might get there tomorrow. Otherwise I have spring break the first week in April. I will face the rude scale in the morning and get back on track. WE did take several walks on retreat. I am sure I am up , hope it isn't too bad. It was worth it though. Very relaxing and an awesome break from things.
    Pat
    Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM

Pam, I love your flower pictures.

Don't go to a dessert buffet when you are dieting. I took a huge bowl of berries and other fruits but we just ate it along with the goodies. I think the only person I saw controlling herself weighs 90 pounds soaking wet. It always bothers me to have a dessert buffet as a Lenten meal, but I'm not on that committee so I don't mention it. I think I will next year before the planning is done and in print. And tomorrow's weigh in day at the doctor's office. Darn.

I have a date with my seam ripper. One HST triangle is wrong side up. I wish I hadn't seen it until it wasn't possible to get at it.

I got lost in the woods today - I went on a different trail and it kept having turnoffs. At least it wasn't getting dark and I could decide which way I needed to go by looking at the position of the sun in the sky. I never get turned around driving, but walking I sometimes do, especially in the woods when one tree looks like another - except the big downed one I had to climb over. No bears or coyotes. Our weather is back to normal - below freezing tonight - so I doubt if the bears are awake yet.

Does anyone get Dr Mercola's emails? Yesterday's was a recap of what I feel about artificial sweeteners and some other food additives. As suspected, Splenda (sucralose) has health problems showing up. I think First magazine had an small article about it this month, too. so it's not just Nutrasweet (aspartame).

I am getting healthier and losing weight. - No, this time I had better say I will as it will be in the future - tomorrow. My mother looked like Scarlett - I don't - but I like Scarlett's, "Tomorrow is another day."
    Old 03-26-2012, 07:56 AM

Just checking in, took me a while to catch up on the reading. Lost 5.4 of the 9 I gained last week. I guess that is better than nothing. LOL I love to hear all the stories on here. You are all very inspiring, and that is what I need. Spent the weekend sewing. I love the swaps on here and worked on blocks for the Boomerang 7. Also worked on my sewing area and DGS I Spy quilt. It is fun, and it keeps my mind off of food! I see some of you mush weigh yourself daily? I don't allow myself but one weigh in a week. Usually Saturday morning. What's your thoughts on this?
    Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM

I gained 3 pounds over the weekend. It was worth it. I had a really good time. I did an hour on the elliptical this morning.
    I always weigh in once a week. THere is too much day to day fluctuation and I find it depressing. UP one day down the next.
    Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM

I weigh every morning....in my nightgown. Have done it for many, many years.
    Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM

I am a daily weigher. I can't allow myself a whole week because I would abuse it, this I know from past experience. So we are all different, but we know what works and doesn't work for us.

I cooked a head of cauliflower on Sat and mashed it. Put just a little milk and some cream cheese with it. WOW was it good. Had some at Ruby Tuesday's the only time we have gone there and really liked. Also made a huge pot of chicken, veggie and barley soup. So have a few things in the refrig for quick meals.

Cool day today so I might have to put a fire in the fireplace. For a couple days they talked about rain and thunder, but it must have gone somewhere else. Darn - my tulips need a little moisture.

Take care all - we can - we will do this. "When in doubt, look up." Love that verse.