Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 AM

Here is one of my quilts from retreat. I don't know how to post 2 pictures in the same post. This one is Harmonic Convergence, by Ricky Tims. It was really easy. I plan on putting applique on it. I am thinking of using a picture from a crop circle. Something really modern. It will have to wait because the fabric I need is at a LQS 30 minutes from here and I have to work tomorrow. Unfortunately work interferes with my fun.
    Attached Thumbnails dsc00817.jpg  
    Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Here is my other quilt from retreat. It is a pinwheel twist returned. I also got some smaller pinwheel blocks to sew together from the cutting of this quilt. There were some 6 inch squares that i cut up and sewed together fot the border
    Attached Thumbnails dsc00818.jpg  
    Old 03-26-2012, 12:39 PM

WOW!!! Love the colors in both of them. I am intriqued with the first one. Haven't seen that taught around here. Are the pinwheels hard to cut and place? Have seen a couple other quilts like it on the board, but never done one.
    Old 03-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Love your quilts, meanmom. I went to a quilt show last summer that had at least a dozen of the convergence quilts. It's amazing how different they look with different fabric choices.
    Old 03-26-2012, 02:51 PM

Both of the quilts were really easy. The harmonic convergence is 4 fat quarters, sew in groups of 2, cut in strips sew together, you turn it and cut again and resew.
    The pinwheel starts with 11 inch blocks with a border. You cut it into pinwheels and sew them together. You then add another border and recut it. You have a bunch of 6 inch square to make a small quilt(I did borders) and some other squares that will make small pinwheels. I haven't sewn them together yet. I have directions for both that I would share. PM me if you want them. You need a special ruler for the pinwheel. Easy to make from a square of plexiglass.
    Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Your quilt colors are wonderful and the the work is excellent. That's a lot of sewing for one weekend. I like the cornerstones on the second one. What colors are you choosing for your bargello? To post more than one picture, just do the same thing you did to post the first one -either click on the tree icon or go through 'Go Advanced' before you click on 'Save'.

I have weighed myself on the way into the bathtub every morning for a many years. If I skip it, whether intentionally or accidentallly, I feel like I'm missing something. The flucuations in weight really don't bother me.

Last edited by irishrose; 03-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Old 03-26-2012, 09:06 PM

Beautiful quilts meanmom!!!!

I have been late weighing in daily but don't pay too much attention to the daily weights. I pay more attention to once a week and then the monthly ones.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 PM

beautiful quilts meanmom! glad you had a good time! does ricky have a book/pattern for his harmonious convergence? i just feel challenged to do it! so.... how many h.c. quilts can be made with this month's fq's?
    Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM

Greetings Ladies!!!!

I don't know anyone but you ladies who will celebrate with me more. A number of years ago, both DH and I decided that we needed to loose the extra pounds that we were carrying around. So he made a chart and we weighed daily. Oh course, he was way ahead of me always. But we got thinner and it was the first time that our daughter had really seen us smaller. Well that Thanksgiving she came home from college and I had lost enough to fit into a pair of her size 9 jeans that were in the toss bucket. I was so excited. She was angry. So weight loss has become my "cross" something she doesn't understand. I have struggled with it most of my life, like most of you.

Well today I fit into her pants again. I still have pounds that I want to get off, But this is a big step for me. So you ladies are the first I have told. All the chocolate in the world can't erase the wonderful feeling of this step for me. So my next goal is getting into my wedding dress. I do have another suggestion for some of you. I try on clothes periodically. Then I put a note on the hanger of the weight I think I will be when I fit into it. Has been a great motivator for me.

Thanks for being there for me.

We are loosing weight and getting healthier!!!!!!
    Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 AM

Taboo Tues. Let's try to stay away from the pre Easter Rabbits (or Chocolate candy ) this also includes all Easter Candy we may have bought for the Easter Bunny. Maybe you won't have to go back and purchase refills. Not going to be easy but you can do it.
    Sorry I was so late posting but I forgot really.