Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM

I had my WW weigh in this morning. I was down 2.4 pounds. WOO HOO!
    Old 03-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom
    I had my WW weigh in this morning. I was down 2.4 pounds. WOO HOO!
    Congratulations!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 03-03-2012, 03:59 PM

I just got home from Florida - 9 days with my mom and sister. I did so well the first couple of days with my food. After that, not so much! Oh well. I'm back home and my husband is out of town so I will get myself back on track.
    Purplemem, do you wear your pedometer on your arm? I don't understand how it works. I wear mine on the waistband of my pants so I'm pretty sure it is counting actual steps.
    Meanmom, good for you! I might not be going to WW this week. I'll have to check to see if I gained any while on vacation.
    My goal for March is to keep track of all my food, staying within my points limit and to exercise 5-6 days a week. If I lose 8-10 lbs while I'm at it, I won't complain!
    Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM

I awoke very early to no power so that meant no heat. I think the warmest thing I did all day was walk the dogs. My son did make it for dinner by bringing the big truck, not his wife's car. When we returned the power was back on. That was my hope - to be back in business before bedtime - it's below zero outside. My country daughter isn't expected to have power until Monday, but she has a generator so she has heat and lights.

I'm sure I burned calories today trying to stay warm. Tomorrow will tell. Good night.
    Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM

My prayers to everyone in path of these terrible storms. We're still getting snow in Duluth. Snowed all day yesterday too. I made a slow cooked pot roast yesterday and drove the dog crazy with the smell! Only diff. now is I don't use potato, just lots of veggies with the beef. I like it better 2nd day so looking forward to supper tonite. Today's sewing is to make some veggie holders for my shopping trips. I'm tired of using plastic bags. Finished binding 2 baby blankets and will start embroidering the butterflies on them today too. Sewing helps keep me out of the food as I don't eat around my machine or supplies. Also continuing to organize sewing room. I broke both my Elna and my Pfaff serger last month and sure would appreciate any advice regarding repair vs. junk. Elna is 1967 and Pfaff is 2002 makes. Elna has a bang when you hand crank wheel and Pfaff is frozen; engine revs but nothing. Argh! I miss them both lots. All I have to sew on in my D1 and I really only want to use it for embroidery.

Last edited by jlwheart; 03-04-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jlwheart
    My prayers to everyone in path of these terrible storms. We're still getting snow in Duluth. Snowed all day yesterday too. I made a slow cooked pot roast yesterday and drove the dog crazy with the smell! Only diff. now is I don't use potato, just lots of veggies with the beef. I like it better 2nd day so looking forward to supper tonite. Today's sewing is to make some veggie holders for my shopping trips. I'm tired of using plastic bags. Finished binding 2 baby blankets and will start embroidering the butterflies on them today too. Sewing helps keep me out of the food as I don't eat around my machine or supplies. Also continuing to organize sewing room. I broke both my Elna and my Pfaff serger last month and sure would appreciate any advice regarding repair vs. junk. Elna is 1967 and Pfaff is 2002 makes. Elna has a bang when you hand crank wheel and Pfaff is frozen; engine revs but nothing. Argh! I miss them both lots. All I have to sew on in my D1 and I really only want to use it for embroidery.
    I don't have a serger or a elna,but sometimes it's the obvious that might be wrong. The Pfaff might be the belt loose? Maybe it has stretched or maybe it needs tightened. Sorry I don't know much about them. Mary
    Old 03-04-2012, 07:14 PM

The February winner is jlwheart. Congratulation on your 12 lb loss. Keep up the good work.
    Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM

Default February's winner is.................

The February winner is jlwheart. Congratulation on your 12 lb loss. Keep up the good work.
    Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws

Congratulations!!! Great loss for the month!!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 AM

Maybe that black rubber ring I found laying by the serger might belong in the serger?! Go figure. Well I think a trip to the sewing dr. is called for. Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! I made an error in my checking account and thought I was out of money and the first thing I thought of was "what can I eat right now". I took a deep breath, then decided to recheck the account and found my error. Crisis over and I didn't eat. But what is that about when anything upsets me I want to dive into food. Worse than alcohol - for me anyway.