Matching PJs

Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 AM

Awe, how precious! I bet she's tickled pink!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:44 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

The pj's are just awesome ! I am also making AG clothes; just ordered the 30 minute book from Sewing with Nancy and did the .99 cent sale of patterns at Hobby Lobby. Plus have downloaded a few patterns from online. So my free time after work and this summer will be filled with making AG clothes (even some matching dresses for the 5 year old!). A couple of doll quilts for each doll (3 of them) all this for Christmas presents. The two older GD's are in Girl Scouts so I will make them something of a scout outfit (as I don't want to infringe on the GS policy).
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Caswews
The pj's are just awesome ! I am also making AG clothes; just ordered the 30 minute book from Sewing with Nancy and did the .99 cent sale of patterns at Hobby Lobby. Plus have downloaded a few patterns from online. So my free time after work and this summer will be filled with making AG clothes (even some matching dresses for the 5 year old!). A couple of doll quilts for each doll (3 of them) all this for Christmas presents. The two older GD's are in Girl Scouts so I will make them something of a scout outfit (as I don't want to infringe on the GS policy).
It does become sort of addictive because it goes so fast. I had a friend over last night and showed her how to make the sundresss. Now she is going to try and make one for her daughter. She is a quilter but now I think she can do some simple sewing.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Thumbs up

Simplicity pattern #5421 has a sleeping bag plus pj's coats and tote that make up really easy. I used velcro instead of zipper for closing bag but you can use pattern for a quilt instead. I made AG clothes for 10 years for craft fairs but now gave it up since I moved. All this talk of AG dolls almost makes me want to start again lol. I also found that if I'm making alot from same pattern I iron fusable interfacing to back of pattern to make tissue less likely to tear from use.

Last edited by Kathy Osterby; 05-19-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added info