Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >
  • May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

• May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-12-2013, 05:29 AM

Happy Mothers Day everyone.
    I faced the mean scale yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was only up 0.8. Not too bad considering all the goodies at work last week. I guess the extra exercise paid off. This week will be a little better, not much. THe PTA is buying us lunch on Thursday. I haven't heard what yet and Friday is the volunteer luncheon, always tons of goodies there.
    I did my first spinning class in 3 or 4 years yesterday. My only goal for the class was to survive. It was an hour long and I think I did pretty good. The first 40 minutes I pretty much kept up with the class the last 20 I had to back off some. I did 19 miles and burned 500 calories. So far this morning I am only a little bit sore. I guess all those bootcamp classes worked.
    I went to a birthday party yesterday and actually behaved myself. She served baked ziti which i don't really care for so I only ate a little bit. I did have some garlic bread MMMMM!. Stayed within my daily allowance.
    We are going to my sisters today for Mothers Day and my dads 89th bday. She is known in the family for her lack of cooking skills. She just slops things together.
    Cindy I love your purple quilt. Purple is my favorite color. I plan to make me a purple quilt some day. I can't make up my mind what pattern. Some day I will find the right one. A friend gave me 22 purple FQ.
    Old 05-12-2013, 06:00 AM

Happy Mother's day Ladies. May each and everyone of you have a great day.
    Old 05-13-2013, 06:58 AM

You have been quiet ladies, How did you do with the Mother's day eating? I did well, no cake or ice cream for me. I did want to go to Dairy Queen last night for a heath blizzard and stood firm and didn't go for one.

Also didn't over eat a dinner, we had fajitas, cilantro rice, refried beans and fixings.

Working on my first crazy quilt, did one that I didn't like all the long strips, got some advise to cut it again and sew back together, but cut it apart without thinking it through when i was tired. Will put it back together and see how it looks. I have also started another one that is not on muslin........so far it is coming out pretty good.
    Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Yes I still have it. will be happy to share it with you.
    Thanks so much!!!! Do you need my address? *happy dance*
    Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom
    Happy Mothers Day everyone.
    I faced the mean scale yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was only up 0.8. Not too bad considering all the goodies at work last week. I guess the extra exercise paid off. This week will be a little better, not much. THe PTA is buying us lunch on Thursday. I haven't heard what yet and Friday is the volunteer luncheon, always tons of goodies there.
    I did my first spinning class in 3 or 4 years yesterday. My only goal for the class was to survive. It was an hour long and I think I did pretty good. The first 40 minutes I pretty much kept up with the class the last 20 I had to back off some. I did 19 miles and burned 500 calories. So far this morning I am only a little bit sore. I guess all those bootcamp classes worked.
    I went to a birthday party yesterday and actually behaved myself. She served baked ziti which i don't really care for so I only ate a little bit. I did have some garlic bread MMMMM!. Stayed within my daily allowance.
    We are going to my sisters today for Mothers Day and my dads 89th bday. She is known in the family for her lack of cooking skills. She just slops things together.
    Cindy I love your purple quilt. Purple is my favorite color. I plan to make me a purple quilt some day. I can't make up my mind what pattern. Some day I will find the right one. A friend gave me 22 purple FQ.
    wow! That spinning class sounds like a killer. Good for you keeping up with the class. It's a fine line to walk when people are showing their apprecation...if you don't enjoy it..they feel bad & may not show apprecation other ways. Sounds like you did very well tho
    Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    You have been quiet ladies, How did you do with the Mother's day eating? I did well, no cake or ice cream for me. I did want to go to Dairy Queen last night for a heath blizzard and stood firm and didn't go for one.

Also didn't over eat a dinner, we had fajitas, cilantro rice, refried beans and fixings.

Working on my first crazy quilt, did one that I didn't like all the long strips, got some advise to cut it again and sew back together, but cut it apart without thinking it through when i was tired. Will put it back together and see how it looks. I have also started another one that is not on muslin........so far it is coming out pretty good.
    My son brought over KFC for lunch, I ate nice small portions but I did get a black raspberry frozen custard 1 scoop cone. It was amazingly good, I find I can enjoy small helping now just as much as piggy portions. We walked all over downtown Mt Dora & on the boardwalk by Lake Dora. Today I did my 4 mile walk...maybe tomorrow I'll chance weighting in
    Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
    Thanks so much!!!! Do you need my address? *happy dance*
    PM me your address and I will find it today and mail out today or tomorrow.
    Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM

Dody, I have been to the quilt show at Mt Dora a couple of times with my mom. Nice little show.
    I had a very nice Mother's Day. Got to spend it with my baby grand. My DD and I went for pedicures so that was nice too.
    We have a gorgeous sunny day here today. I will be working in my backyard moving leaves off my flower beds. Ugh!
    Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 AM

Teddy Bear --- amazing weight loss. I need more motivation. May you inspire me and may all my snacks be calorie free! I am not a mother, but I hope all of you had a great day.
    Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 AM

I have had a wonderful weekend, the weather was nice and today still is. I am enjoying a very relaxing last day off from work, today is my birthday and I don't feel at all 49 yrs young.

I am working on cutting up some 2 1/2 inch squares for a swap I am in.