Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May Dotee Doll Swap  AND SIGN UP!  NEW RULES! >
  • May Dotee Doll Swap AND SIGN UP! NEW RULES!

• May Dotee Doll Swap AND SIGN UP! NEW RULES!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Have not started mine yet. This week took off from work. Was my 30th Ann. And I have to have a cat scan take my dog to the vets again, and haveing my hair cut.
    Happy Anniversary!
    I need a haircut, but I don't know if can get my head back into the sink right now with this crappy pain stuff goin' on. Are you having the ct scan or the dogs? Hope everything is OK.
    Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 PM

I cut a piece of fabric last night. I look at it. And then I walk away. If I do feel like it, I'm usually too loopy from the meds to sew. I don't want to sew my fingers. My kids are at Nana and Papaw's again (Dad was off work this week, too), so I hope to go in there and do more than look this evening. I'm going to walk out and see if the rooster has enough feed and water, feed the dog, and the cat. Then, after the fresh air, I'm going to make some coffee and see if I can sew. I'll let you know how it goes! LOL!
    Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm having the cat scan for my snises(?). Russell has to have a 3 warts removed. He is not going to like me Friday.
    Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    I'm having the cat scan for my snises(?). Russell has to have a 3 warts removed. He is not going to like me Friday.
    Oh, dear! I hope it goes well!
    Old 04-17-2009, 12:32 PM

You will never believe me, I'm sure, if I tell you that my Dotees are finished! (ahem, before deadline!) :) I'm so happy about that. THey could need a little more something, but I'm not sure what that something is. It'll call to me, and I'll know. I made mine very different. I'm going to try to mail Terri's out on Monday or soon after. Anyone else sending to GUam or Australia may mail Monday, also...
    I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M READY TO MAIL! crazy.
    Old 04-17-2009, 12:37 PM

Mine are sans hangers and tails and they are ready to go.
    Old 04-17-2009, 12:50 PM
    Power Poster

Mine are ready, I think! unless I get a new idea, they are done. Still don't have one of my addys. Still waiting . Dolls are ok I guess, since they are my first ones! :oops: We shall see.

Ninnie
    Old 04-17-2009, 02:07 PM

My headless wonders are still waiting finishing. I have the bodies cut out and I tried to bead one yesterday but I didn't like the result. I am so upset because there is no fabric craft store in town anymore. I have to either order online or maybe go to NYC, a bus & train ride and about 2 hrs each way.

I was in Deals today checking for beads, I found this adorable cheap bracelet with tiny wooden beads, it was perfect! I went to pay for it and an alarm went off. It seems it had been "recalled" probably due to lead in the paint, UGH! I managed to find some other cheap beads that I think will do bur I am so, so disappointed. :(
    Old 04-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yomousey
    My headless wonders are still waiting finishing. I have the bodies cut out and I tried to bead one yesterday but I didn't like the result. I am so upset because there is no fabric craft store in town anymore. I have to either order online or maybe go to NYC, a bus & train ride and about 2 hrs each way.

I was in Deals today checking for beads, I found this adorable cheap bracelet with tiny wooden beads, it was perfect! I went to pay for it and an alarm went off. It seems it had been "recalled" probably due to lead in the paint, UGH! I managed to find some other cheap beads that I think will do bur I am so, so disappointed. :(
    Oh, goodness. And I thought 45 minutes to get to Wal-Mart was bad. I'd stick with on-line shopping. Are you a member of eBay?
    Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 PM

I see dotee doll making in my weekend plans....WOOHOO!!

Also, I would like to offer my condolences to those of you who live so far away from craft and fabric stores :( Now that I have given my sympathy to you....I am going to rub it in that I live 2 blocks from a Joann Fabric and Craft Store!!! Although, it is a small one. Even though I love that it is so close, it is very dangerous!!!!! Anytime I am late getting home from work (i ride the bus downtown seattle from my neighborhood) my boyfriend knows it's because Joann's is on my way home from the bus stop :lol:

Happy Weekend and Happy Sewing to you all!!!