Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May Dotee Doll Swap  AND SIGN UP!  NEW RULES! >
  • May Dotee Doll Swap AND SIGN UP! NEW RULES!

• May Dotee Doll Swap AND SIGN UP! NEW RULES!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I thought a dotee doll was like the picture on page 2 Am I wrong? If so, I need to start all over! LOL

Ninnie
    Ninnie you are right, that is one I made for another swap. They can be any shape. I'm in a swap now were we make it bug shaped. So mine is going to be a butterfly.
    Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks Tirnhi! Got a little scared when some of the heads were detached and people were looking for hair! Just don't my girls to feel out of place! :lol: :lol: I've kinda gotten attached to them since they have been hanging out with me for a week, so giving them up for adoption is hard. :oops: Next swap I won't let my emotions get involved! DH says I mother everyone and everything! :D

Ninnie
    Old 04-21-2009, 05:59 AM
    Power Poster

Wow, love that idea PamH! Ok, but if anyone laughs at my babies , they are coming right back home to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ninnie
    Old 04-21-2009, 06:09 AM

Wow, love that idea PamH! Ok, but if anyone laughs at my babies , they are coming right back home to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ninnie
    No one is going to laugh at them, honest. Can't say the same about the little dolls we already have! lol
    But, I've been telling mine that there is a new friend coming and they have to be nice to him/her when they get here. Told them that the new one will be shy for a bit and to make them feel at home. They have to remember what it was like being the "new kid on the block". I think they all understand, so all should be fine. If not, they know that a certain little girl cat will put them back in line. lol
    Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by pal
    Hi Miranda, I thought a Dotee Doll looked like an upside down "U", and

that the face had to be flat on the body. That's what all of the ones

that I've seen on websites have looked like. I'm so glad that you put up

your pattern. I didn't know that the head can be put on top of the neck.

Then, is what makes them a Dotee the lack of arms and legs, and the

addition of a hanger and a tail?????? Can't wait to see everybody's

dolls!!!!
    A Dotee can be in any shape, I think. As far as I know, you are correct as to what makes them a Dotee. Now, the face is flat on the body, mine just curves in under the head to give it more of a "neck".
    Old 04-21-2009, 06:38 AM

I thought a dotee doll was like the picture on page 2 Am I wrong? If so, I need to start all over! LOL

Ninnie
    They are like the one on page 2. They can be any shape. I encourage everyone to make their own pattern and shape. I only posted those as a guide, or to help inspire ideas, or someone may use them if they wish. Don't worry! I'm sure yours are great! I think every Dotee I've made have all been different shapes. THis is the first time I drew out a pattern first. I usually just draw a pattern right onto my fabric and go.
    Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM

Yep, I went through lots of images on google. They are little fat heads and have shapeless bodies lol.......no arms no legs, thats why you hang them.........they do make nice cat toys lol :D
    Old 04-22-2009, 04:25 PM

Okay, I'm just sayin...read those last comments. Fat heads, talking dolls, etc. I'm scared! LOL!
    Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
    Power Poster

So, dolls, and I use that term loosely, are ready for their new homes! Which is the best way to mail, large envelope, box etc:? :lol: Had to hide mine from Mortimer (dog) . He thinks all stuffed toys are his! Let's just say that my dotees are unique, I think. No beads and no bought en hair. Used my imagination to the best of my ability! no arms or legs but tails. Can't wait to see all the others who have done this before. Mine will probably be the ugly ducklings. :lol: Feel free to allow cats to play with them, (not).anyway , this has been a lot of fun and I would even do it again, so I guess I am now a craftier. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks! :wink: :?

Ninnie
    Old 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM

So, dolls, and I use that term loosely, are ready for their new homes! Which is the best way to mail, large envelope, box etc:? :lol: Had to hide mine from Mortimer (dog) . He thinks all stuffed toys are his! Let's just say that my dotees are unique, I think. No beads and no bought en hair. Used my imagination to the best of my ability! no arms or legs but tails. Can't wait to see all the others who have done this before. Mine will probably be the ugly ducklings. :lol: Feel free to allow cats to play with them, (not).anyway , this has been a lot of fun and I would even do it again, so I guess I am now a craftier. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks! :wink: :?

Oh Ninnie you are soooo funny. Don't you know every child is beautiful!!! We all do love our babies around here!! We are all kids at heart when it comes to this swap...

Ninnie